PDA

View Full Version : Blue Smoke on Start Up

SVOMACH1
08-01-2014, 02:13 PM
OK, I had this same issue with my 2 Mach 1 s and was told by the dealer that it was normal. Today I picked up the Marauder from the detail shop and it blew a lot of smoke at start up. Is it a MOD motor thing? It does it only once in a while, especially when sitting for a few days.
Thanks

MOTOWN
08-01-2014, 02:14 PM
Sounds like worn valve guide seals

WPG_Merc
08-01-2014, 02:33 PM
there are threads about it on here,I read it's how the DOHC motors oil the chains & guides on cold start ups,I have the same thing too.

Another is it could be not digesting ricer's well after killing them. :D

SVOMACH1
08-01-2014, 02:40 PM
I've been reading up about it on the Mach 1 forums too and it seems common. A lot of guys seem to let the the car idle for a few minutes before shutting it off and it eliminates the problem. Who knows but it's worth a shot.

Marauderjack
08-01-2014, 03:07 PM
If you start it to move it around and turn it off......9 times out of 10 it will smoke like crazy when started again!!:eek:

Won't hurt a thing and mine has been doing it for over 10 years.....currently sneaking up on 255K miles and....yes it still does it!!:beer:

If you let it run until it is out of "open loop" you will not likely see smoke on the next start up?? Open loop is sorta like having the choke on...thus very rich!!;)

Drive it like ya want to and don't worry about a little smoke!! :burnout:

SVOMACH1
08-01-2014, 03:47 PM
Sounds like worn valve guide seals

If you start it to move it around and turn it off......9 times out of 10 it will smoke like crazy when started again!!:eek:

Won't hurt a thing and mine has been doing it for over 10 years.....currently sneaking up on 255K miles and....yes it still does it!!:beer:

If you let it run until it is out of "open loop" you will not likely see smoke on the next start up?? Open loop is sorta like having the choke on...thus very rich!!;)

Drive it like ya want to and don't worry about a little smoke!! :burnout:

Thanks you Sir, that makes me feel better. The car was started and moved around the detail shop about 5 times over the 2 days which explains the smoke.