justbob
08-10-2014, 10:09 AM
I know a few..

Self proclaimed Builder Of Badassery.

Buy it, Break it, Build it BETTER.
"Since 2004"

larryo340
08-10-2014, 10:50 AM
There are a bunch of askholes at work, now at least I have something to call them :D

cat in the hat
08-10-2014, 11:13 AM
My favorite - someone who asks you directions, and then says "But couldn't I go [some completely different way] or just [something else entirely] ? ? "
My normal reply is "If you know all that, why did you ask me ?" ;)

1Marauder
08-10-2014, 11:56 AM
Yes, and when someone asks, "What is my car worth?" you know it is a trap.

Askhole... I love it!

Marauderjack
08-10-2014, 01:00 PM
There's a guy here that asks my advice then he not only does something else but also goes to all extremes to discredit what I have told him.....GO FIGGER!!:mad2::argue:

What do we call him??:confused:

lji372
08-10-2014, 01:43 PM
At least I am not alone.......

Marauder on.........

whitey
08-10-2014, 03:17 PM
There's a guy here that asks my advice then he not only does something else but also goes to all extremes to discredit what I have told him.....GO FIGGER!!:mad2::argue:

What do we call him??:confused:

Well jack, they call them an azzhole.

massacre
08-10-2014, 08:35 PM
99.9% of CVN members are all like this. Ask for advice and then have 10 reasons why they won't take your advice. Why people bother waiting 15 years to join that place I'll never know lmao.

tbone
08-11-2014, 07:25 AM
I figure you are directing this at me, so in my defense......

My question about "what's wrong with my tranny"? morphed into "take it to this guy or you'll be sorry". I did not ask for advice on where to take it for repairs.

Marauderjack
08-11-2014, 07:28 AM
Well jack, they call them an azzhole.

I have called him that and he actually likes it!!:eek::shake:

tbone
08-11-2014, 09:31 AM
My mistake was taking it to a regular transmission shop that doesn't specialize in performance transmissions. My car was N/A at the time and I did not think I needed a super performance trans., especially after reading about how durable a standard 4R70W trans is stock and how it can handle a supercharger and high horsepower. I did buy upgraded parts for him to install. The guy stunk at his job, but stood behind his work and rebuilt it when it broke at no charge. That's why I went back, thinking he would mend his mistakes. Otherwise I would have to pay a new rebuilder full price, and I was out of cash. It could happen to anyone.

lji372
08-11-2014, 09:56 AM
it was directed at people in general (people on this board, my family-immediate and extended, my employees)

if you feel the shoe fits....................

i hope your trans gets fixed right

sflrainmaker01
08-11-2014, 10:23 AM
"Askhole", that is a good one! :laugh:

Mr. Man
08-11-2014, 10:24 AM
My favorite - someone who asks you directions, and then says "But couldn't I go [some completely different way] or just [something else entirely] ? ? "
My normal reply is "If you know all that, why did you ask me ?" ;)Because not all roads need to go through the "murder" neighborhoods. :P

Ms. Denmark
08-11-2014, 11:05 AM

tbone
08-11-2014, 11:16 AM
it was directed at people in general (people on this board, my family-immediate and extended, my employees)

if you feel the shoe fits....................

i hope your trans gets fixed right

No, I don't think the shoe fits. Hence my explanation.

lji372
08-11-2014, 11:22 AM
On the other hand, in my line of work I stress to employees, families and really everyone that no question is stupid, there is generally no one right answer, multiple opinions are a good thing...and one should always maintain a high degree of skepticism. My motto is "It's OK to ask questions and it's OK to reject opinions and advice"...just ask Mr. Man. :D

i love hearing other ideas- sometimes i take them as a whole or just pick off the parts i like and use them :banana2: and if i disagree i just smile and nod

rejecting or not accepting is one thing- arguing them is another.

for instance, this all happened in the same conversation:
i have a brother who knew he was moving a month ago claiming he had a lot of stuff he was pitching and wasn't sure how to get rid of it. i immediately offered use of my truck and dumpster at the shop and figured over his 4 weeks he could take care of it. he said he would get a roll off dropped at his door and although would be expensive would be easier. but it didn't end there.

over the course of the next three weeks he brought it up 1-2 times a week. well, he's half moved and wants to know if he can still use my dumpster so he doesn't have to pay for a roll off :shake:

so i called him an askhole, that's when i posted this thread.............

i have many more more like stories but won't bore you since i have no xmas in a cup here :D

blkZooM
08-11-2014, 02:30 PM
You live and you learn, life is basically trial an error. That's how I keep a positive outlook on people like that. Skipped over the word "constantly" with that being said I just ignore them and be on my very way

BigCars4Ever
08-11-2014, 05:06 PM
On the other hand, in my line of work I stress to employees, families and really everyone that no question is stupid, there is generally no one right answer, multiple opinions are a good thing...and one should always maintain a high degree of skepticism. My motto is "It's OK to ask questions and it's OK to reject opinions and advice"...just ask Mr. Man. :D
I beg to differ...there are definitely stupid questions. My theory is some people like the sound of their own voice and will ask dumb questions just to be able to talk more.

jwibbity
08-11-2014, 06:00 PM
I beg to differ...there are definitely stupid questions. My theory is some people like the sound of their own voice and will ask dumb questions just to be able to talk more.

+1...........

Motorhead350
08-11-2014, 06:15 PM
-rmg7Ms_R-M

Enough said.

Bigdogjim
08-12-2014, 04:28 AM
What most of you forget is we have all been "Askholes" at one time or another:)