PDA

View Full Version : Robin Williams is No More

License2Bill
08-11-2014, 04:16 PM
Apparent suicide. While this is a tragic loss of talent, I find it hard to have sympathy for anybody selfish enough to take their own life. Most people make a living to try and afford cocaine, Robin Williams made a living by being on it.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/08/11/robin-williams-dead-at-63/

lji372
08-11-2014, 04:21 PM
Wow sad to hear......

whitey
08-11-2014, 04:23 PM
I just read this too, what a shame.

Mebot
08-11-2014, 04:30 PM
Just heard as well. Which means 2 more celebrities will pass away soon. They always die in 3's

My favorite Robin Williams film: Moscow on The Hudson
Followed by his great voice acting skills in Ferngully, the Last Rainforest

License2Bill
08-11-2014, 04:42 PM
There goes my idea for a Death To Smoochie prequel

FastMerc
08-11-2014, 04:45 PM
Sad I just heard it on the radio.

Ms. Denmark
08-11-2014, 05:05 PM

champ1173
08-11-2014, 05:06 PM
Wow! I'm at a loss for words.:alone:

Spectragod
08-11-2014, 05:19 PM
Very sad news. Depression and addiction go hand-in-hand. They are brain diseases and are devastating to those who struggle with them. It is devastating as well for their family and friends, who often must stand hopelessly by. There is no place for harsh judgement here. He sought help over the years but he lost the battle. RIP Robin.

Well said!!!!! Many are not selfish who take their own lives, many are ill or have just had enough of what this world has to offer.

I have lost a few friends to suicide, the last one had spinal cancer, incurable, he worked as a crime scene investigator and saw death every day, he knew how he was going to die with his illness and chose the least painful and quick way to end his pain, he wasn't selfish, he knew, as I know, what the end looks like, he chose not to suffer.

I feel for the family and friends, past that, it is no one's business nor should anyone judge another.

jsignorelli
08-11-2014, 05:20 PM
I like to remember the happy times he created with his talent.
We have our congress and senate to remind us of the sad times.

CWright
08-11-2014, 05:51 PM
Erf2iFHG44M

Motorhead350
08-11-2014, 05:59 PM
Sad he is gone.

His standup was even better than his films.

screamn
08-11-2014, 06:09 PM
Rip.....Mork..... Nanu Nanu

Cheeseheadbob
08-11-2014, 06:15 PM
Perhaps with some more time on this planet and interaction with significantly larger numbers and types of people, your view will become less harsh.

As a person who is a recovering alcoholic and had my fair share of bouts with depression, I can attest that one fuels the other. I was fortunate enough that my depression was not clinical but driven by the booze. Once I got sober, the depression went away. Williams most likely had chemical imbalances and probably a laundry list of psychiatric issues. A bunch of brilliant artists, musicians, chemists, comedians, etc. are prone to such malady.

I am sure if Robin Williams really thought he had a choice as to whether or not he wanted to spend the rest of his life with his family who loved him, or end it by dangling from a rope, he would have chosen the former.

May he rest in peace and may his family find solace in the fact that their husband/father/brother/son made millions of people LOL.
Apparent suicide. While this is a tragic loss of talent, I find it hard to have sympathy for anybody selfish enough to take their own life. Most people make a living to try and afford cocaine, Robin Williams made a living by being on it.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/08/11/robin-williams-dead-at-63/

boatmangc
08-11-2014, 06:24 PM
Sad day, the man was comic genius

Addiction is a disease, many times it is fatal, no one has reason to criticize....

champ1173
08-11-2014, 07:19 PM
It's funny that I was just talking about him a week ago, at the, "1st Annual White Castle Run." I mentioned that I have the 1st season of Mork & Mindy on DVD. It's a real sad day, to hear he passed. He was frickin hilarious when he was coked up! But, he over came that for 20yrs, and became a better actor, and a better person, for himself, and everybody around him. He was still funny too! His movie choices weren't always the best, but nobody's perfect. Addiction is a disease! Twenty years is a whole lot of sobriety time. There are many people that couldn't last a year, a month, a day, or even an hour! In the blink of an eye, it's gone. The addiction sits and waits. I was born this way, and all I have is today. I have no idea what tomorrow will bring! Which is why it's, One Day At A Time, for me.

guspech750
08-11-2014, 07:35 PM
Just heard as well. Which means 2 more celebrities will pass away soon. They always die in 3's

My favorite Robin Williams film: Moscow on The Hudson
Followed by his great voice acting skills in Ferngully, the Last Rainforest

Well Tony Stewart ran over and killed another driver yesterday. So that's two. Sadly, who will the third be.

RIP R.W. :(

Sent from The White House on taxpayers dimes.

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

cat in the hat
08-11-2014, 08:00 PM
I always feel sad for anyone who is driven to suicide. It's more common than most people realize, and there's always some miserable back-story behind it that no one can really appreciate. :(

Mr. Man
08-11-2014, 08:19 PM
At this point all we know is he died from possible asphyxiation. Many ways to die that way. We should wait till tomorrow for the Marin County police to clarify what happened before we rush to judgement.

That being said it is sad that a very talented and funny man has died presumably before his time.

My thoughts go out to his family and friends.

cat in the hat
08-11-2014, 08:21 PM
At this point all we know is he died from possible asphyxiation. Many ways to die that way. We should wait till tomorrow for the Marin County police to clarify what happened before we rush to judgement.

That being said it is sad that a very talented and funny man has died presumably before his time.

My thoughts go out to his family and friends.

True. I thought that suicide had been confirmed.

Mr. Man
08-11-2014, 08:30 PM
True. I thought that suicide had been confirmed.
All the infotainment news agencies like CNN and Fox have jumped to that conclusion. Chances are they are correct but the Marin Medical examiner hasn't made it official.

cat in the hat
08-11-2014, 08:36 PM
All the infotainment news agencies like CNN and Fox have jumped to that conclusion. Chances are they are correct but the Marin Medical examiner hasn't made it official.

Yeah, I guess it's understandable ; there seems to be a deep vein of depression / other mental health issues and substance abuse / other self-destructive behavior among elite-level comedians for some reason.

handmouth
08-11-2014, 09:15 PM
Very sad and amazing how so much talent and success and still feel depressed about ones life, and enough to kill himself.
I still can't get over Tony Scotts suicide. He had a directorial career most people would kill for and he goes and jumps off a bridge.
Money and success and still these guys aren't happy amazing.

1Marauder
08-11-2014, 09:59 PM
With An agile, elegant, and uninhibited thought process, the world lost a comic genius today. No matter the "how," this is a loss that will not be regained.

I met him once, and he was a quite, shy, and unassuming person (we dined next to him a couple of times) over the years while skiing.

Sad to lose such a rare, free, and liberated mind.

For all who he made laugh... And especially from those whom he made feel "not alone," rest in peace.

"fly my friend, be free"

Guittard22
08-12-2014, 03:53 AM
Sucks to read about high profile celebrity's not happy and doing the unthinkable a Dam Shame !! RIP to a classic funny man

CHSurvivor
08-12-2014, 06:04 AM
My son briefly hung out with Robin Williams of the green room on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno...We sat front row center stage 10 ft from Robin...and he was "ON" 24/7. The commercial for that episode he had to re shoot 6x because Robin was so funny and telling dirty jokes...

Robin was so talented in acting and comedic genius.

I took this very hard...not because I idolize hollywood stars....
Because in 2008 I was in that very dark place myself planning my own funeral.
I am sick with a neurological disease...(Wasnt drugs or alcohol for me as I didnt do either)
My son and my faith stopped me...I wish Robin could have seen it that way.

As well it hits home because my wife is bi polar, an addict with depression.
My wife has been clean 9 years with no relapse. Addiction is real. Its not a choice. Nor is depression.

People have inner demons and for whatever reason...sometimes like Robin the demons win. I was lucky to make it out alive. As my wife.

Fame, fortune dont matter. Mental illness doesnt care if you are young old, rich poor fat skinny short tall male female whatever you are...it can happen.

If anyone is in a dark place...and I speak from experience...TALK TO SOMEONE....PLEASE.

Godspeed Robin....may the angels be laughing now.:depress:
(oh and its very much true...the ones who make us laugh outside are usually the ones crying inside)

vkirkend
08-12-2014, 07:31 AM
Very sad news. Depression and addiction go hand-in-hand. They are brain diseases and are devastating to those who struggle with them. It is devastating as well for their family and friends, who often must stand hopelessly by. There is no place for harsh judgement here. He sought help over the years but he lost the battle. RIP Robin.

Well said, People in pain just want the pain to stop. Money does not equate into happiness.

Comin' in Hot
08-12-2014, 09:40 AM
it's a shame, but I feel I should celebrate his life by leaving this here.
Robin Williams thoughts about golf (warning some foul language)
pcnFbCCgTo4

Bluerauder
08-12-2014, 10:29 AM
During one of his many USO shows to support the military, he was a little surprised at Camp Arifjan, Kuwait back in 2008 .....

QD9QAAEfQEA

R.I.P. Robin Williams. :( You will be missed by all the servicemen and women who you made laugh during times when laughing was somewhat difficult.

Below is a pic of my son with Robin Williams in Baghdad, Iraq on 14 December 2004 at one of the USO shows. My son is standing in the black jacket immediately in front of Williams and below the John Elway star.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/Robin_Williams_and_us.jpg

CHSurvivor
08-12-2014, 10:41 AM
Well said, People in pain just want the pain to stop. Money does not equate into happiness.

Hence why my disease has a high suicide rate...
We have either thought of it, or tried it.

Either way....huge lump in my throat today....I have seen that darkness Robin saw....it sucks. Im lucky to be alive

massacre
08-12-2014, 12:41 PM
I never found the guy funny and really wasn't a fan of his acting. If you call talking really fast and making weird noises and acting like you're on drugs "funny" and "acting", then yes he did both.
Suicide is a sad thing and my condolences to his family.

Donald
08-12-2014, 05:24 PM
Lauren Bacall

[QUOTE=guspech750;1405210]Well Tony Stewart ran over and killed another driver yesterday. So that's two. Sadly, who will the third be.

guspech750
08-12-2014, 05:47 PM
Lauren Bacall

[QUOTE=guspech750;1405210]Well Tony Stewart ran over and killed another driver yesterday. So that's two. Sadly, who will the third be.

Yes, I just heard that.

Fooking crazy man! Crazy!!

Sent from The White House on taxpayers dimes.

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

stevengerard
08-12-2014, 06:55 PM
wow, some pretty insightful heartfelt comments in here - nice to see.

CHSurvivor
08-15-2014, 11:02 AM
if you have't heard...he also had Parkinsons.
trust me having a nuerological disease is no fun...it robs far more than you think.
The fact he still smiled, told jokes and hid this meant there was far more pain than one thought....Like Michael J Fox, myself...we hid the disease for years...trying to remain normal or best we can. There comes a point when you can no longer hide it or care too. Robin just wasn't there yet. I don't think it was his PD that made him do it, i think it may have been a mitagating factor. Sad,,,,
I blogged about Suicide today...PM or post here if you want to read about it