PDA

View Full Version : Tesla Motors - The Future of Electric Cars (National Geographic)

ctrlraven
08-12-2014, 07:24 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmJfG8WvdaU
fmJfG8WvdaU

71cyclone
08-15-2014, 04:15 AM
Great video [once again ] -I had the chance to Tes Drive one and I liked it . The car is very quick ,everything is first class The full screen dash monitor controls everything Telsanet is connected 24/7

Cheeseheadbob
08-15-2014, 08:19 PM
It may have already been posted here, but it has been reported that Tesla is coming out with 35K priced car by EOY 2016. I will be on that waiting list!

Marauderman
08-16-2014, 05:02 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmJfG8WvdaU
fmJfG8WvdaU

Watched entire clip--Very Impressive--But a lower price one is what will catch all and it will sell with the way their minds work---no doubt the future looks electrifying--couldn't help it...

cat in the hat
08-16-2014, 09:21 PM
Cool car, but even a state-of-the-art gimmick is a gimmick. And electric cars are a gimmick. I've been hearing that they're "the next big thing" for 40 years.

1. Electricity doesn't spontaneously ooze out of a plug in your wall like water from a spring, it comes from power plants that run primarily on fossil fuels themselves - in fact, mainly coal, the most hated one.

2. We're not running out of fossil fuels. There is enough to last for many, many centuries.
I know that a whole generation has been told that we are already running out, and that very soon our homes will not have heat in the winter, and our vehicles will stop in their tracks - in their lifetime, even. This is a lie.

If it's a better car, and equally cost effective, great - I might buy one. If the goal is to "save the planet," it's a huck-a-buck IMO.

chapel1
08-17-2014, 09:10 AM
We rented a Tesla out in San Fancisco for 4 days.We drove up and down the coast.What a nice car.At first I thought electric cars were a gimick.I was wrong this is the real deal.It's a car,a real car that can be a do even more than fossil fuel cars do now.It is the future folks.There are no gas stations in space,battery power is the future.
No tune ups,oil changes,no exhust,no starters,no sitting around the emissions stations.I just wish I could afford to buy one before the goverment takes away all the perks of buying and having one.

sailsmen
08-17-2014, 11:02 AM
Electricity comes from air, I know I have seen Lightning. Just cut out the "middleman"!

In space there are no gasoline powered cars, never will be.

Natural Gas is not organic, because when I smell it the odor is terrible.

71cyclone
08-19-2014, 09:25 AM
Jay Leno still has his Baker Electric 1900's vintage= still runs and has one of the original batteries intact. / So I guess we could say history repeated it self again..

RF Overlord
08-19-2014, 09:37 AM
It's deja-vu all over again.