PDA

View Full Version : The 707 HP Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat

ctrlraven
08-13-2014, 10:40 AM
http://jalopnik.com/the-707-hp-dodge-charger-srt-hellcat-the-worlds-most-p-1620758434

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--CfsXb_cu--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_63 6/wadj90b0aoi6b7o2m3kk.jpg

I think I might give up all my vehicles for this. :lol:

JBeezy
08-13-2014, 10:42 AM
If I could afford a Hellcat I would consider doing that.

JK, I couldn't give up the rauder

ChiTownMaraud3r
08-13-2014, 10:56 AM
Not sure how I feel about the front still.

I was actually thinking about picking up a 2014 RT as a daily since they have decent pricing on them. I'll probably warm up to the 2015 eventually like I did with the C7 Corvette styling I was originally against.

Mebot
08-13-2014, 12:51 PM
Awesome 4 door 700hp sedan. Yes please. Front end has to grow on me but once I see some other color combinations, graphics, dress-up kits, etc... I'll be swayed

Donald
08-13-2014, 02:34 PM
My neighbor just bought a Charger SRT8 (orange, argh!). He has already bought better engine mounts. Based on what he has read he has big concerns regarding the whole drivetrain in the Hellcat. Some neophyte buys one and after standing on it a few times parts start flying. Future warranty/service claims will be interesting.

Marauderman
08-13-2014, 03:07 PM
There is a 26 minute video of Jay Leno showing off his new Hellcat Challenger--Red in color--# 7 off the line--a stick--he also has an auto--Black--# 4 off the line--He does not refer to any other Dodge Veh. with same motor----BTW--The name Hellcat was the code word for the engine during development --and the engineers decided to keep it for production and sales ---cause it sounded so perfect---will try and find that video and place here if not done by others first--carry on

ctrlraven
08-13-2014, 03:14 PM
There is a 26 minute video of Jay Leno showing off his new Hellcat Challenger--Red in color--# 7 off the line--a stick--he also has an auto--Black--# 4 off the line--He does not refer to any other Dodge Veh. with same motor----BTW--The name Hellcat was the code word for the engine during development --and the engineers decided to keep it for production and sales ---cause it sounded so perfect---will try and find that video and place here if not done by others first--carry on
We are talking about the Charger, not the Challenger.

Here is the thread when SRT brought him a Challenger to review.
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=94653

Marauderman
08-13-2014, 03:25 PM
We are talking about the Charger, not the Challenger.

"We"--- Really--Excuse me--This is an open thread----Not exclusive to certain people--Lets inform--I realize the thread was on the Hellcat with the Charger---I was just wanting to also add about the Challenger and the unique video from Jay Leno in case others had not seen it--The motor is the same I believe--which the real subject is all about --not the physical aspects of the car so much--more on the computer stuff of it and its features--

sflrainmaker01
08-13-2014, 05:16 PM
I like it. It would be interesting to see what it could look like if it had hide-aways like the original Charger had....

71cyclone
08-14-2014, 03:45 AM
I like it. It would be interesting to see what it could look like if it had hide-aways like the original Charger had....
Now that is the Real Ticket !!:beer:

71cyclone
08-14-2014, 04:02 AM
My neighbor just bought a Charger SRT8 (orange, argh!). He has already bought better engine mounts. Based on what he has read he has big concerns regarding the whole drivetrain in the Hellcat. Some neophyte buys one and after standing on it a few times parts start flying. Future warranty/service claims will be interesting.
This is true ,Mopar boyz in my area have had to do complete front end rebuilds on early 05-07 chrgrz and cryler 300's also rears can blow under pressure ,half shafts twist and low level tranny issuses [ courtesy of merce benz trying to build a cut rate benz in a cryler wrapper]:shake: well Fiat runz the show now ,so improvements are forth coming [ like Hell Cat]>>>>

ctrlraven
08-14-2014, 05:47 AM
"We"--- Really--Excuse me--This is an open thread----Not exclusive to certain people--Lets inform--I realize the thread was on the Hellcat with the Charger---I was just wanting to also add about the Challenger and the unique video from Jay Leno in case others had not seen it--The motor is the same I believe--which the real subject is all about --not the physical aspects of the car so much--more on the computer stuff of it and its features--
Yes, WE as a collective group, don't get your panties in a bunch and think I am excluding you. :lol:

From all current information that has been released is leading towards the engine/auto transmission will be the same for the Charger as it is in the Challenger.

Zack
08-14-2014, 06:41 AM
I would buy one. Now what to sell....

ctrlraven
08-14-2014, 06:46 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6HXPBQH05s
t6HXPBQH05s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W9jOf0Pgn8
_W9jOf0Pgn8

vkirkend
08-14-2014, 07:32 AM
I believe there will be reliability issues with the engine and drivetrain. Did you know that in the 70's when Chrysler sold the 426 Hemi Challengers they came with w 90 day warranty!?!?! I don't trust the quality of their parts after owning my SRT-10 Dodge Ram. Oh and if the engine ever needs a rebuild it will cost in the neighborhood of $10 - $15.000.00. See my most recent oil analysis...

Zack
08-14-2014, 07:35 AM
No biggie, an LSx swap is cheap :D

71cyclone
08-14-2014, 08:55 AM
I believe there will be reliability issues with the engine and drivetrain. Did you know that in the 70's when Chrysler sold the 426 Hemi Challengers they came with w 90 day warranty!?!?! I don't trust the quality of their parts after owning my SRT-10 Dodge Ram. Oh and if the engine ever needs a rebuild it will cost in the neighborhood of $10 - $15.000.00. See my most recent oil analysis...
Ha ha / yepp , My Mopar boys are singin the same song :shake:

Dave2
08-14-2014, 10:49 PM
I like the body style of the Challenger much better...

And would love to own one someday.....

LSp8
11-24-2014, 08:19 AM
I want one sooooo bad. Any color will do. I cannot believe how much fun the Mopar world is having these days. My MM is the last Ford I will ever make payments on and mines is paid off. I hate payments but for an SRT product I will happily make that exception. 707hp in a stock 4door is just nuts, ridiculous, excessive, but perfect for me!

jwibbity
11-25-2014, 07:33 AM
what the hell is up with every car manufacturer destroying the front ends of these iconic cars, i don't know if its the color but that white makes it look like the marshmallow dude from ghost-busters....:puke:

teamrope
11-26-2014, 12:29 AM
I like the body style of the Challenger much better...

And would love to own one someday.....

I don't know why they chose the Charger over the Challenger for the Hellcat. Would have been a more desirable car.

Marauderjack
11-26-2014, 03:08 AM
I don't know why they chose the Charger over the Challenger for the Hellcat. Would have been a more desirable car.

The Charger is a "More Door" car.......appealing to a larger market with easy back seat access is my guess??:confused:

stevengerard
11-26-2014, 09:39 AM

The Hellcat engine is in both the Challenger and the Charger, the Challenger is a hair faster in the 1/4 the Charger has a higher top speed. Both awesome cars - I'd take either.

martyo
11-26-2014, 10:00 AM
The Hellcat engine is in both the Challenger and the Charger, the Challenger is a hair faster in the 1/4 the Charger has a higher top speed. Both awesome cars - I'd take either.

Exactly this!!!! ^^^^

RubberCtyRauder
11-26-2014, 03:15 PM
Exactly this!!!! ^^^^

Or bring back the Magnum wagon for this motor. Need a cool wagon again . Hellcat Magnum. I like it!

Joe Walsh
11-26-2014, 03:42 PM
That is one nasty 707 HP sedan!

:hmmm:.....now if they had not grafted that f-u-g-gly Dart front end onto the Charger it would be awesome.

71cyclone
11-26-2014, 04:55 PM
Or bring back the Magnum wagon for this motor. Need a cool wagon again . Hellcat Magnum. I like it!
Now that would be a real Home Run ''The EURO boyz would not understand it" 'DAS WAGON'

LSp8
11-27-2014, 10:13 PM

I just read another article earlier that described the Charger's superior aerodynamics. It has a higher top speed (204 mph) despite being 120 pounds heavier than the Challenger. Challengers are nice but the Charger has the exclusive bragging right of being the world's fastest/most powerful sedan and the ccheapest car in it's segment is a Bentley or S65 AMG LOL. $200,000+ vs $63,000;) , plus Chrysler is not giving it a production cap!

J-MAN
11-28-2014, 03:29 AM
I would buy one. Now what to sell....

Selling any dogs? :woof:

Donald
01-08-2015, 09:22 PM
My neighbor just bought a Charger SRT8 (orange, argh!).

Well, he dumped the car. Less than 900 miles on it. Been in for electrical problems twice. Picked it up from the latest service and drove to the Ford dealer. Traded even for a new 2014 F150 XLT loaded. The discounts for being an internet purchase and for using Ford Credit cut 9 grand from window sticker.

I have known him for over 40 years. I guess I will allow him this one dalliance with a cheap trollop.

Mike M
01-08-2015, 11:49 PM
One of my steady customers has a Hellcat Challenger coming in ...in about 2 weeks. He got a green one (never seen a green one). I will post pictures soon after I drive it. He has about 30 cars.. Audi R8...New Corvette...a Rousch Mustang..a SRT Challenger....blah blah blah.

chief455
01-09-2015, 02:13 AM
One of my steady customers has a Hellcat Challenger coming in ...in about 2 weeks. He got a green one (never seen a green one). I will post pictures soon after I drive it. He has about 30 cars.. Audi R8...New Corvette...a Rousch Mustang..a SRT Challenger....blah blah blah.

Hellcat Challenger in green:
http://mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=96318&highlight=crash

seems the start f this thread matches the blown motor Hellcat in 86 miles thread!
Quality is suspect for sure.
Wait for the second or third year model to be improved / proven reliable.

I see no use for 707hp on the street for $70k plus ownership cost.
A used SRT8 or modded R/T in the $30k range would be more reliable, cost effective, usable fun, for me anyway.