PDA

View Full Version : Is it me?

Donald
09-06-2014, 06:05 AM
I find this sentence from an AP article to be very bad grammer.

Friday, the NIH said in different facilities, it found small amounts of five improperly stored "select agents," pathogens that must be registered and kept only in certain highly regulated laboratories.

Now, don't ask me to diagram it. I had problems doing that back in school, let alone do it over 45 years later. Do they even teach diagramming now?

Hey, you kids, get off my lawn! Where is the remote? Where are my pants? Am I an old fart now?

RF Overlord
09-06-2014, 06:15 AM
I'm still trying to determine whether kids today are getting dumber, or if I am just getting more intolerant as I age.

I'm thinking it's both.

J-MAN
09-06-2014, 08:57 AM
I am absolutely outraged! :mad:

tbone
09-06-2014, 10:40 AM
Spell check: Grammar.

Donald
09-06-2014, 12:41 PM
Mea culpa.

sailsmen
09-06-2014, 01:07 PM
Are we becoming more STUPID? IQ scores are decreasing - and some experts argue it's because humans have reached their intellectual peak

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2730791/Are-STUPID-Britons-people-IQ-decline.html#ixzz3CZHfXg5H
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Zack
09-06-2014, 01:38 PM
Why know anything more than how to obtain chili cheese Fritos and strawberry pop when the gubberment sends you a check every month?

Zack
09-06-2014, 01:39 PM
tOFJpsDmKvU

sailsmen
09-06-2014, 01:58 PM
Why know anything more than how to obtain chili cheese Fritos and strawberry pop when the gubberment sends you a check every month?
And why not when all the experts have told us we can print an infinite amount of money!

MOTOWN
09-06-2014, 01:59 PM

tOFJpsDmKvU

You seriously need to check your self with your :bs:borderline racist comments! , its no wonder why you got banned before , and will prolly do it again! my advice to you is to stay on your meds , and stay as far away from a keyboard as possible!

sailsmen
09-06-2014, 02:30 PM
I don't see anything the least bit racist about the question or the discussion.

To prove it's not Go to the You Tube channel wherein the same question is posed to WHITE people.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/how-long-go-80-miles-3927450

When Amber May asked her sister a simple maths question, she never expected the blonde beauty’s response to go viral.

But Laurel, 19, from East Belfast, has been making thousands of people laugh with her ditsy response.

And the recording of a day in the May household has been seen by almost 20,000 people on Facebook and YouTube.

Think you can do maths under pressure? Try the UsVsTh3m challenge.

Amber asked Laurel: “If I’m travelling from here to a location 80 miles away and I leave here at 2 o’clock and I travel at 80 miles per hour, what time will I arrive at my destination?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/how-long-go-80-miles-3927450#ixzz3CZdhN0pg
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

sailsmen
09-06-2014, 02:38 PM
You seriously need to check your self with your :bs:borderline racist comments! , its no wonder why you got banned before , and will prolly do it again! my advice to you is to stay on your meds , and stay as far away from a keyboard as possible!
?????????????????????????

MOTOWN
09-06-2014, 03:07 PM
I don't see anything the least bit racist about the question or the discussion.

To prove it's not Go to the You Tube channel wherein the same question is posed to WHITE people.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/how-long-go-80-miles-3927450

When Amber May asked her sister a simple maths question, she never expected the blonde beauty’s response to go viral.

But Laurel, 19, from East Belfast, has been making thousands of people laugh with her ditsy response.

And the recording of a day in the May household has been seen by almost 20,000 people on Facebook and YouTube.

Think you can do maths under pressure? Try the UsVsTh3m challenge.

Amber asked Laurel: “If I’m travelling from here to a location 80 miles away and I leave here at 2 o’clock and I travel at 80 miles per hour, what time will I arrive at my destination?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/how-long-go-80-miles-3927450#ixzz3CZdhN0pg
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Your lost without a clue , and don't have a pulse beyond cutting and pasting!

Limited360
09-06-2014, 04:26 PM
I lack to see the racist issue. That being said... Idiocracy is a documentary not a movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk so I may sound retarded.

whitey
09-06-2014, 04:38 PM
I also dont see the racism. Because zack posts a video of dumb black people trying to answer a simple question, hes racist? I dont get it...

camelgrundle
09-06-2014, 04:54 PM
I find people who correct everyone to be very annoying! I feel better knowing they can't spell.

justbob
09-06-2014, 05:59 PM
The racist card gets so damn old. If you can't laugh at your own race and swap good jokes between friends then that is where the problem lies. Hell, I've gotten most of my BEST material from a black friend/teacher at my union hall!!!

Self proclaimed Builder Of Badassery.

Buy it, Break it, Build it BETTER.
"Since 2004"

sailsmen
09-06-2014, 06:00 PM

Coming from someone who spent two years, tens of thousands of dollars on a custom engine that makes 660RWHP???
Perhaps you should have hired the "racist" or consulted with the "lost without a clue" which would have gotten you a cheaper, quicker and more powerful result.

sailsmen
09-06-2014, 06:07 PM
Ignorance is bliss?

The one referenced in my post went viral 2-10-13, Irish Very White girl cannot answer the question. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cecliv5BTNo

The one Zack posted is dated 8-7-14.

The day your Marauder makes it down the 1/4 in 11.5 secs or better is the day I will congratulate you, until then all I see is a lot of hot air.

MOTOWN
09-06-2014, 06:23 PM
Coming from someone who spent two years, tens of thousands of dollars on a custom engine that makes 660RWHP???
Perhaps you should have hired the "racist" or consulted with the "lost without a clue" which would have gotten you a cheaper, quicker and more powerful result.

For some odd reason you are the only fool I feel the need to respond to , why would I consult him to do what I am more than capable of?

Tens of thousands spent? you sound foolish at best!

Ive been doing this long enough to know what "I" want , nor do I need to consult anyone on how to do what I do best , as for more power I achieved my goal.

MOTOWN
09-06-2014, 06:28 PM
The racist card gets so damn old. If you can't laugh at your own race and swap good jokes between friends then that is where the problem lies. Hell, I've gotten most of my BEST material from a black friend/teacher at my union hall!!!

"Since 2004"

Ok ill bite on your B.S. too! give me a break with the "race card" bs! and no im not someone who feels the need , or desire to laugh at my own race! and who ever said we are friends? because we have the same car?

I could give a **** less!

maineiac
09-06-2014, 06:33 PM
Its not racist,we all know you can't fix STUPID.Stupid crosses all races and ages!

justbob
09-06-2014, 08:01 PM
You take this WAY too far Roger. It's a shame you feel that way as I didn't? Maybe it's you that needs the meds before you give yourself a damn heart attack all over stupid ****! I'm on meds! Happy go lucky ****! Trust me, it works!! It's amazing the amount of crap you can just let go. Not a care in the world, no ****s given, nor received..

As for friends, maybe I use that term to loosely for some? I consider a friend as anyone that doesn't crawl under my skin, even after this I consider you a friend..! Your a cop, I'm a Foreman, we both have to deal with complete low life scum daily and stand our ground at all costs. This is supposed to be our escape from the madness, not another chapter of stress.

:beer:

"Since 2004"

whitey
09-06-2014, 08:11 PM
come on now, this isn't pg rated:tigger: :pooh:.....:P

lji372
09-06-2014, 08:47 PM
I got nothing..... I've shared both videos on my f/b page. I thought they both were hilarious not racist.

I thought the one guy was just plain high :dunno:

MOTOWN
09-07-2014, 05:24 AM
You take this WAY too far Roger. It's a shame you feel that way as I didn't? Maybe it's you that needs the meds before you give yourself a damn heart attack all over stupid ****! I'm on meds! Happy go lucky ****! Trust me, it works!! It's amazing the amount of crap you can just let go. Not a care in the world, no ****s given, nor received..

As for friends, maybe I use that term to loosely for some? I consider a friend as anyone that doesn't crawl under my skin, even after this I consider you a friend..! Your a cop, I'm a Foreman, we both have to deal with complete low life scum daily and stand our ground at all costs. This is supposed to be our escape from the madness, not another chapter of stress.

:beer:

"Since 2004"

Don't need meds , and never have , as for taking it way too seriously , I find it ironic that one clown can spew his B.S. and when a response is given all of a sudden it's over the top! I don't need a bandwagon to agree with me , the two posts mentioned together suggest some straight up bs , funny in this country how certain people never see things for what they are! As for the friends comment , I wasn't referring to you.

MMBLUE
09-07-2014, 06:48 AM
Hypersensitivity topics gets you banned from this place. Most just won't say what they are thinking. I applaud those who do. If you can't deal with it, lay back or take a self imposed vacation.

Edjamacation will set you free and separated you from the rest. Just remember, it's self motivation, and desire to succeed that put you ahead of the rest.

lji372
09-07-2014, 07:18 AM

This is just stupidity- it's the equivalent of me telling you you spent too much on any particular item you bought :eek:

IMHO he created his own build, it's 1 of 1 and looks bad ass! - whether he's happy or not or how much he spent is irrelevant.........

Back on topic

I hope that was grammatically correct :confused:

:lol:

MERCULES
09-07-2014, 07:37 AM
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

ChiTownMaraud3r
09-07-2014, 07:47 AM
Nothing racist about that Z man post.

The political correctness disease is ruining this country. You can't even say illegal alien anymore, Undocumented worker...You can't say obese as it's deemed derogatory now a days, You can't say black, must say African American even though they aren't any more African than the next American. You don't like Obama, you're a racist..etc.

Get over yourself.

fastblackmerc
09-07-2014, 07:50 AM

The political correctness disease is ruining this country. You can't even say illegal alien anymore, Undocumented worker...You can't say obese as it's deemed derogatory now a days, You can't say black, must say African American even though they aren't any more African than the next American. You don't like Obama, you're a racist..etc.

Get over yourself.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^ +1!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :beer:

justbob
09-07-2014, 09:13 AM
This is just stupidity- it's the equivalent of me telling you you spent too much on any particular item you bought :eek:

IMHO he created his own build, it's 1 of 1 and looks bad ass! - whether he's happy or not or how much he spent is irrelevant.........

Back on topic

I hope that was grammatically correct :confused:

:lol:

I gotta concur on this. ^ it would have been different if he asked for budget power and didn't heed the advice, but Roger chased his dream and came out shining with a beautiful, powerful build that's unique. Can't argue that at all.

"Since 2004"

justbob
09-07-2014, 09:21 AM

Get over yourself.

Once again, I gotta agree. We, meaning all, shouldn't have to walk on ice and dance around subjects. Being a skinny guy I almost find it hilarious at the fat asses that hesitate at nothing with the skinny jokes that have zero effects on me, but I don't dare throw a fat joke back!!! What's up with that? Thankfully I work construction and VERY thick skin is handed to you day one, use it or go cry like a *****, choice is yours! I'll take option A and the pay check. :) I know how to dish it back.

Races... Never understood why there is so much PC about it when all this time I view us as earthlings. And yes, I equally pick on all. Sue me.

"Since 2004"

MOTOWN
09-07-2014, 10:02 AM

Get over yourself.

Has nothing to do with PC , since when cant you say Any of the things you mentioned:confused: Cant say black? thats bs , im black , and have no problem being called what I am , and I have never cared for the stupid azz term African American, I was born in this country , and I alredy know where my ancestry originates from.

I like the fact that you feel the need to defend a guy who is capable of speaking for himself , and also half azzed your eaton swap without even pressure checking a ten year old intercooler for leaks! LMAO!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion , even if I disagree!

MERCULES
09-07-2014, 10:25 AM
:hide::awe: This is about to get very interesting:popcorn::popcorn:

ChiTownMaraud3r
09-07-2014, 01:54 PM
Has nothing to do with PC , since when cant you say Any of the things you mentioned:confused: Cant say black? thats bs , im black , and have no problem being called what I am , and I have never cared for the stupid azz term African American, I was born in this country , and I alredy know where my ancestry originates from.

I like the fact that you feel the need to defend a guy who is capable of speaking for himself , and also half azzed your eaton swap without even pressure checking a ten year old intercooler for leaks! LMAO!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion , even if I disagree!

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r255/HomeyG745i/z6d3ab_zpsb4b56ec1.jpg (http://s146.photobucket.com/user/HomeyG745i/media/z6d3ab_zpsb4b56ec1.jpg.html)

Seriously, I'm not defending anyone. You gave your race-card jumping opinion, and I gave mine.

What does my eaton swap issue(which is my own fault for rushing) have to do with anything? That's all you could piece together between Zack and I? Really? You can disagree with everyone else's opinion, no need to get bootyhurt though.

MOTOWN
09-07-2014, 02:20 PM
LOL! why does everyone who disagrees always have to be mad , or butt hurt? that is truly getting old , tired , and played! kinda like your cute lil cartoon you took the time to craft! now go play with your Legos and be a good lil tike! LMAO!

pem
09-07-2014, 02:50 PM
“If I’m travelling from here to a location 80 miles away and I leave here at 2 o’clock and I travel at 80 miles per hour, what time will I arrive at my destination?

If I'm using public transportation, the time depends on how long I have to wait for the bus............and then all the stops along the way

whitey
09-07-2014, 03:13 PM
This thread is like 'when keeping it real goes wrong',..... too funny!

camelgrundle
09-07-2014, 03:40 PM
When keeping it real goes wrong. Lol whitey!!

jerrym3
09-07-2014, 04:43 PM
IMHO, it's PC AND social media that causes a lot of problems.

It's so easy just to type something and hit the "enter" key as opposed to looking someone eye to eye. And, no one knows if you're being dead on serious or joking. (Sorry, the use of LOL doesn't make everything "LOL". It's like saying, "with all due respect".)

Sure, someone who writes for the AP should use correct grammar. After all, that's their job. Quite a few of my managers over the years have told me the importance of not doing "stoopid stuff" when writing. (It's like posting nude photos; when it's out there, it's out there.)

I also learned a long time ago to stay away from politics, religion, and anything else (yes, even opinions on certain vehicles) that could cause an uproar on forums and/or social media.

Now, I write something, but I don't send it until I've reread it a few times.

Regarding emails, I'll save a draft, and read it the next day before sending. That allows me to calm down, relax, and consider the repercussions.

I, along with many others, will continue to use incorrect grammar and spelling. I'm just not going to get all caught up over the other stuff.

lji372
09-08-2014, 01:44 PM
fwiw...i wish i had a video camera this morning.

my nephew is running parts at the shop for me----i'll scratch the long story.

i end up asking him what 5x12 is, he pauses.......then asks me if it's more or less than 100 :eek:

i just looked at him, i was at a loss for words. i thought wow, this is the next generation........... then i thought cool, i have something to post :shake:

tbone
09-08-2014, 02:20 PM
Irish jokes make me soooo :mad: !!!

whitey
09-08-2014, 02:51 PM
fwiw...i wish i had a video camera this morning.

my nephew is running parts at the shop for me----i'll scratch the long story.

i end up asking him what 5x12 is, he pauses.......then asks me if it's more or less than 100 :eek:

i just looked at him, i was at a loss for words. i thought wow, this is the next generation........... then i thought cool, i have something to post :shake:

My generation was the last good one! I agree that were doomed.

lji372
09-08-2014, 03:51 PM
Don't recall any Irish jokes :dunno:

WhatsUpDOHC
09-08-2014, 04:16 PM
Irish jokes make me soooo :mad: !!!
Being Irish, I'd like to hear/read some Irish jokes.

lji372
09-08-2014, 04:45 PM

One night, Mrs McMillen answers the door to see her husbands best friend, Paddy, standing on the doorstep.
"Hello Paddy, but where is my husband? He went with you to the beer factory"
Paddy shook his head. "Ah Mrs McMillen, there was a terrible accident at the beer factory, your husband fell into a vat of Guinness stout and drowned"
Mrs McMillen starts crying. "Oh don't tell me that, did he at least go quickly?"
Paddy shakes his head. "Not really - he got out 3 times to pee!"

BUCKWHEAT
09-08-2014, 05:26 PM
“If I’m travelling from here to a location 80 miles away and I leave here at 2 o’clock and I travel at 80 miles per hour, what time will I arrive at my destination?

If I'm using public transportation, the time depends on how long I have to wait for the bus............and then all the stops along the way
and it depends on whether you drove into a new time zone. You could get there at the same time you left, or it could take two hours...

tbone
09-08-2014, 05:38 PM

I'm all for it.

Since I'm Irish, French and Norwegian I'm a stinky drunk that likes to pillage.

pem
09-08-2014, 07:42 PM
I'm all for it.

Since I'm Irish, French and Norwegian I'm a stinky drunk that likes to pillage.

Besides pillaging, I thought the Norwegians/Vikings were also known for raping and plundering......:eek:

tbone
09-09-2014, 06:43 AM
Besides pillaging, I thought the Norwegians/Vikings were also known for raping and plundering......:eek:

Of course! Goes hand in hand with pillaging, like smoking and drinking.:beer: