PDA

View Full Version : Big thanks to Martyo!!! Full story.

Motorhead350
09-15-2014, 02:11 PM
Not only did this guy let me stop by his shop on the way down to save my parents (quite literally) he saved me on the way home.

When I was about an hour and 45 minutes south of his place heading back north, one of my vans tires exploded at 70mph. The threads came off. I kept it under control and safely changed the tire off of the interstate.

I did not want to be without a spare so I called MO to see if he had anything for sale. He told me no. I was fine with that and decided to check local listings. About 15 minutes later he contacts me again saying he had a van with 2 good tires. I only needed 1 and this was his van and not what I would consider "inventory". He told me it was going to the crusher soon and would not be a problem.

To top it all off he had a flight to catch and needed to leave in 2 hours and I was an hour and 45 minutes away. NO STRESS HERE! So we hauled as fast as we could. Martyo stayed home waiting for us the whole time. Upon arrivial he had his jack, air tools, sockets and everything.... ready to go.

We changed those tires (yes his wheels went on my van and they fit!) and had it all done in minutes!

To top it all off my parents were beat from the Cannonball drive to Mo's (my dad drove a car older than my van with NO A/C) and we were looking for a Starbucks with our phones with no signal. Mo guided us to coffee en route to the airport.

I cannot believe this guy. One of rare breeds. A heart of gold and a mind as sharp as a butchers knife.

Changing the tires was one of the highlights of the trips. We hardly spoke at all, just worked. It's nice when someone is on the same page as you and you do not need to discuss/explain anything.

Thanks again Mo. Your wife is one lucky lady and anyone who is in your life should be thankful. :bows:

Black Top Rollin' :burnout:

Marauderman
09-15-2014, 03:22 PM
Its what we can do for each other when we can..... all from knowing each other from here---if we can ....we will help..........

JBeezy
09-15-2014, 04:04 PM
Awesome. Almost brought tears to my eyes. Hehe!! I agree, Marty is a pretty good guy. All I hear is good things about him for the things he does to help other people. Glad everything worked out for you Dom, and thanks again for the Procharger.

martyo
09-15-2014, 05:07 PM
Dom, I will say to you what I told my wife about yoy- I like you way better in person than I do on the internet.

It was my pleasure to help you out. I hope we meet up again.

Bigdogjim
09-15-2014, 05:11 PM
Its what we can do for each other when we can..... all from knowing each other from here---if we can ....we will help..........

Well said, that my friends is the soul of this site!

MMBLUE
09-15-2014, 06:13 PM
Mo is good peeps

chief455
09-15-2014, 06:49 PM
Dom, I like you way better in person than I do on the internet.

It's his avatar picture. It screams at you, causing dislike.
Way to go, helping anyone in such a way :beer:

Cheeseheadbob
09-15-2014, 06:54 PM
Marty is a shining example of Paying it Forward. Good stuff!!!

http://www.pifexperience.org/ :up:

FW_Linc/Merc
09-16-2014, 04:45 AM
Martyo has been good to alot of us (THANK YOU AGAIN). I also think that he is a good example of what makes this internet based group work so well and what makes me so willing to keep gathering year after year. If you don't know what we mean attend a Marauderville and you will.

Very glad everyone was safe and that the van made it home. That is always a good feeling.

RF Overlord
09-16-2014, 08:20 AM
I first met Marty in...'03?...whenever the first Hershey meet was...and I knew right then he was good people.

martyo
09-16-2014, 08:35 AM
I first met Marty in...'03?...whenever the first Hershey meet was...and I knew right then he was good people.

Stop flirting with me!!! :P

Mike M
09-16-2014, 08:39 AM
I want to have Marty's baby.

RubberCtyRauder
09-16-2014, 08:40 AM

Whoa! TMI!:eek:

martyo
09-16-2014, 08:43 AM

Look in your garage - my baby is sitting right there!!!!

1Marauder
09-19-2014, 10:53 PM
Great story! Way to go Marto!

STEPS
09-20-2014, 12:01 PM
Marty your the Man!