PDA

View Full Version : car got hit today

88CuttyClassic
09-20-2014, 09:45 PM
to make a long story short , i was in the post office and some guy comes and asks who owns the black car and my heart sank. He was pulling out and obviously not paying attention. my car was across from him in which i thought was a safe place but his corner ran all down the back of my bumper. i'm getting an estimate monday before i try to clay bar it and buff it but i think its going to need painted. Question, does AAC sell just the tape for the Letters? if not new letters is going into the estimate. i pretty pissed but more at the hassle of extra work.

handmouth
09-20-2014, 09:51 PM
well, at least the guy owned up to it and didn't drive off. Hope it buffs out.

88CuttyClassic
09-20-2014, 09:56 PM
yeah its sad in society where we have to even worry about people owning up to it. too bad it wasnt at least a cool car..it was a nissan juke...blah! i kept my cool surprisingly. lol

Motorhead350
09-21-2014, 09:03 AM
Lol you are upset over that????

massacre
09-21-2014, 09:10 AM
Yeah truth on that you were lucky the guy was honest. I've had people hit & run me before, and it sucks.

8UWITH6
09-21-2014, 09:50 AM
It'll buff........... sorry man.

chief455
09-21-2014, 11:52 AM
It'll buff........... sorry man.
I think so too.
If you needed a bumper, that would be bad, plus painting black is the easiest.

88CuttyClassic
09-21-2014, 12:54 PM
I guess some stuff in the pics isnt noticeable but my friends whose a body man doesnt think it will all buff out

And yes i am upset over that. I take good care of my cars. I have $6000 damage done to my hurst olds two summers ago.. and no the blacks arent always an exact match even thou the color is the same. Black is the worst..it shows everything. The clear used to orginally paint the car causes a brownish hue in certain light while the repair work doesnt. I mean its great the dude was honest and that its not worse but its still not fun to have your car hit.

chief455
09-21-2014, 01:10 PM
I guess some stuff in the pics isnt noticeable but my friends whose a body man doesnt think it will all buff out

And yes i am upset over that. I take good care of my cars. I have $6000 damage done to my hurst olds two summers ago.. and no the blacks arent always an exact match even thou the color is the same. Black is the worst..it shows everything. The clear used to orginally paint the car causes a brownish hue in certain light while the repair work doesnt. I mean its great the dude was honest and that its not worse but its still not fun to have your car hit.
for sure, it sucks. hope you don't need paint..good luck on it.

boatmangc
09-21-2014, 03:59 PM
Looks like most of that will polish right out..
Sorry about your luck though.

BLACKMARAUDER04
09-22-2014, 11:50 AM
Get estimate. Collect Money. Don't repaint.

8UWITH6
09-22-2014, 04:29 PM
I will say you will be surprised what comes out of paint. Buff 1st

chief455
09-22-2014, 05:17 PM
I will say you will be surprised what comes out of paint. Buff 1st
+1 on this, or at least out enough that only you will notice. Don't repaint unless needed is my motto.

sailsmen
09-22-2014, 05:34 PM
Lol you are upset over that????

Hard to get upset when you live off the Charity of Others.

wulff
09-22-2014, 06:12 PM
well, at least the guy owned up to it and didn't drive off. Hope it buffs out.

This is a true story: A guy walks out of a busy store and in the parking lot he see's his car has been hit hard from another car. At first he is really upset until he see's a note that the 'hitter' stuck under the windshield wiper. He calms down as he figures an honest person has struck his car and left his personal and insurance information!
He opens it and reads:
"Sorry I hit your car, a lot of people witnessed it and I immediately got out, looked at the damage and started writing this note, they no doubt think I am giving you my name, phone number and insurance company..... I'm not!"

handmouth
09-22-2014, 06:49 PM
This is a true story: A guy walks out of a busy store and in the parking lot he see's his car has been hit hard from another car. At first he is really upset until he see's a note that the 'hitter' stuck under the windshield wiper. He calms down as he figures an honest person has struck his car and left his personal and insurance information!
He opens it and reads:
"Sorry I hit your car, a lot of people witnessed it and I immediately got out, looked at the damage and started writing this note, they no doubt think I am giving you my name, phone number and insurance company..... I'm not!"

Now that guy deserves a beating with a rusty nail ball bat. lol

wulff
09-23-2014, 05:00 PM
Now that guy deserves a beating with a rusty nail ball bat. lol

LOL. I know he deserves a beating but he also deserves kudos for such a great act! Not classy but brassy... he must of had a set to take time to do that not knowing if the owner would come out!! LOL.

Motorhead350
09-23-2014, 05:10 PM
Hard to get upset when you live off the Charity of Others.

I will be ok as long as you keep on working.

Crown Vicman
09-23-2014, 05:13 PM
thats it lol man you had me worried. Usually when someone says that will buff right out its not the case. But here it looks like a easy buff job. At least he didn't knock your bumper off.

88CuttyClassic
09-25-2014, 04:42 PM
$539 ...thanks Flo.

chief455
09-25-2014, 06:37 PM
$539 ...thanks Flo.
pocket the coin and buff the bumper?

88CuttyClassic
09-25-2014, 08:39 PM
It almost all came off by hand..lil clay bar. Lil polish. Im gonna use some of the money and have the whold car buffed. The adjusters rushed out because neither of them ever heard of a marauder and were interested what it was. They were fawning over it. Lol