PDA

View Full Version : Schadenfreude

tylerdurden2816
10-02-2014, 04:51 PM
Schadenfreude (/ˈʃɑːdənfrɔɪdə/; German: [ˈʃaːdn̩ˌfʀɔɪ̯də] is pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others.[1] This word is taken from German and literally means 'Harm-Joy.' It is the feeling of joy or pleasure when one sees another fail or suffer misfortune.

A guy at work always seems to be laughing on the inside when I mention yet another car problem with the MM, today it's my turn, Mr. Impala SS needs some kind of top end work. It's my turn to laugh a little. Bowtie wearin', FWD, POS...

massacre
10-02-2014, 05:01 PM
So are you complaining about his schadenfreude, or are you celebrating your own?
You're going to fit in with some of the Panther community perfectly LMAO.

tylerdurden2816
10-02-2014, 05:03 PM
Celebrating my own! For the first time since I met the guy, HIS is the one in the shop and MINE is sitting pretty in the lot!

WhatsUpDOHC
10-02-2014, 05:04 PM
Doppelgänger Schadenfreude.

massacre
10-02-2014, 05:05 PM
But you hated it when he did it to you, right? I'm not judging you BTW.

tylerdurden2816
10-02-2014, 05:44 PM
But you hated it when he did it to you, right? I'm not judging you BTW.

It's not so much that he does anything, just that I get that air of superiority from him, the feeling that he thinks his car is somehow inherently better. And I hate GM's, so that just makes it worse, after the Buick I had I'll walk before buying another one...:mad2:

sflrainmaker01
10-02-2014, 06:41 PM
So I guess you'll be "Fahrvergnügen" and he won't be! :rock:

fastblackmerc
10-02-2014, 06:59 PM
It's not so much that he does anything, just that I get that air of superiority from him, the feeling that he thinks his car is somehow inherently better. And I hate GM's, so that just makes it worse, after the Buick I had I'll walk before buying another one...:mad2:

Friends don't let friends drive Chevy's.

ChiTownMaraud3r
10-02-2014, 07:01 PM
Just ask him how many new recalls he has everyday you see him.

stevengerard
10-02-2014, 07:40 PM

Maybe he's just looking out for you spending dollar after dollar on a used car - I feel that way about my MM often - when do you just say enough is enough.

I like GM, and Mopar and Ford, even Porsche and Ferrari. Heck, you know someone that just left your dealership with a brand new Ford and the engine light already went on :mad2: Hmm....... never say never.

71cyclone
10-03-2014, 08:47 AM
:rolleyes:
Friends don't let friends drive Chevy's.
and LITTLE BOYZ wear Clip on "BOWTIE''s' :rolleyes:

fastblackmerc
10-03-2014, 09:38 AM
Just remind your "bow tie friend' of this:

General Motors has issued a torrent of recalls in 2014, for problems ranging from unsecured floor mats to the ignition-switch defect linked to at least 13 deaths. These 54 separate recall campaigns affected as many as 26 million vehicles in the U.S.