PDA

View Full Version : 60s singer Paul Revere dead at 76

Motorhead350
10-05-2014, 11:05 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/05/showbiz/paul-revere-obit/index.html

Paul Revere is gone.

I was listening to a RECORD of theirs last night!

gOlaPBfmNa0

fastblackmerc
10-06-2014, 04:38 AM
Just saw this in the paper this AM.

Was just watching some of their old videos on youtube last week. All the good guys are leaving us :bigcry:

guspech750
10-06-2014, 05:00 AM
All bad things must come to an end.

RIP.

Sent from The White House on taxpayers dimes.

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

Bluerauder
10-06-2014, 05:24 AM
My favorite from Paul Revere and the Raiders was "Kicks". I was 15-16 at the time. Kind of a unique anti-drug message in that time period. R.I.P. Paul Revere ....

IP8G4clUJBY

Bigdogjim
10-06-2014, 08:51 AM
I agree with you on that one Charlie, Kicks was a big hit then!

I use to watch at 4PM after school on a show called "Where the action is"

RIP Paul you had a good run at it! :up:

RF Overlord
10-06-2014, 11:53 AM
The Cherokee People are sad.

jimbok1951
10-06-2014, 01:52 PM
He is a song many did not know. Commercial for the 1969 Pontiac The Judge.
Paul & the boys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2Ogj9ZuDYo

jerrym3
10-06-2014, 01:54 PM
They weren't anywhere near the top of my favorites list, but they had a few good songs. Sorry to see him go.

When the members of the Moody Blues start moving on, then I will be extremely sad.

Most of the group members that I liked from the late 50's era have passed.

CHSurvivor
10-08-2014, 04:35 AM
My buddy had him sing in his back yard a couple years ago, then invited him back to do the same. But he cancelled last minute because he was sick....but the band came anyway and sang for the people. Perhaps that was the beginning to his end...

Motorhead350
10-08-2014, 12:19 PM
Most of the group members that I liked from the late 50's era have passed.

We still have Chuck Berry, Little Richard and Jerry Lee Lewis. They all still perform too, but you really don't want to see what they are now compared to what they were then.

clmrt
10-08-2014, 12:47 PM
I worked all three of them at one time or another.

I was "the fire extinguisher guy" for JLL when he came through town in case he set the Baldwin on fire.

I parked CB's Lincoln Town Car (Green) for him after he pulled up to do his show. Drove 1.5 hours from the airport with just his guitar.

I just remember LR freaking out when someone tried to touch his hair...he shrieked like a little girl.

Shaijack
10-08-2014, 12:56 PM
Gone but not forgotten. Kicks was great.....

a_d_a_m
10-08-2014, 02:44 PM
Bummer. Here's one of my favorites, even if it is about a Chevy.

2DQHiWAgjW0

jerrym3
10-08-2014, 04:39 PM
We still have Chuck Berry, Little Richard and Jerry Lee Lewis. They all still perform too, but you really don't want to see what they are now compared to what they were then.

I don't like seeing what I look like today compared to what I looked like back then either. LOL

So many of the 50's doo wop group members are gone, but, at least to me, their music lives on. Sorry to see the 60's talent starting to pass on.

It's a shame that we lost some really great talent at such a young age, like Elvis, Bobby Darin, Roy Orbison, Jackie Wilson, Gene Pitney, etc (yes, I've always liked Gene Pitney's music).

pem
10-09-2014, 03:24 PM
Had a chance to see them perform a few years back in Branson, Missouri at the Andy Williams Theater....some family members got to Branson early so changed my plans and said I'll go to tomorrows performance, not realizing that was their last show for the week....missed the opportunity....that'll never happen again....I better get to St Louis quick while Chuck Berry is still breathing.... he still performs every now and again....the one thing good about being/getting old is "I got to see the good bands"......LONG LIVE ROCK AND ROLL

Motorhead350
10-09-2014, 06:40 PM
I worked all three of them at one time or another.

I was "the fire extinguisher guy" for JLL when he came through town in case he set the Baldwin on fire.

I parked CB's Lincoln Town Car (Green) for him after he pulled up to do his show. Drove 1.5 hours from the airport with just his guitar.

I just remember LR freaking out when someone tried to touch his hair...he shrieked like a little girl.

Sounds like you had some fun, even if it was working the show. I know of someone who has a dent in their van because of Chuck. While leaving a show, Chuck backed his town car into the opening bands van and kept going. They were mad until they saw it was him, they haven't fixed the dent. Rock N' Roll made an impact on their van. If Chuck hit my van, not only would I leave the damage, I would take the panel off before the whole van goes to the scrap yard.

I don't like seeing what I look like today compared to what I looked like back then either. LOL

So many of the 50's doo wop group members are gone, but, at least to me, their music lives on. Sorry to see the 60's talent starting to pass on.

It's a shame that we lost some really great talent at such a young age, like Elvis, Bobby Darin, Roy Orbison, Jackie Wilson, Gene Pitney, etc (yes, I've always liked Gene Pitney's music).

Man, you are really naming the great ones. Do not forget Eddie Cochran, Gene Vincent and Ritchie Valens! ;)

On the subject of Doo Wop, cruise to this.

9_hl3OL68W4

Had a chance to see them perform a few years back in Branson, Missouri at the Andy Williams Theater....some family members got to Branson early so changed my plans and said I'll go to tomorrows performance, not realizing that was their last show for the week....missed the opportunity....that'll never happen again....I better get to St Louis quick while Chuck Berry is still breathing.... he still performs every now and again....the one thing good about being/getting old is "I got to see the good bands"......LONG LIVE ROCK AND ROLL

Don't depress me, I thought I was cured! :bigcry:

Motorhead350
10-17-2014, 06:56 PM
0v0o0NZbMWg

I did not know this was the original version....