PDA

View Full Version : Hello! Chicago

Bigdogjim
10-06-2014, 04:16 PM
I am arriving tomorrow around 10AM central time.(O'Hare) I need to get to Des Plaines and pick up a new coach and deliver it to NJ. Now I have made this move a few times and I always get jammed up in traffic!:help:

A cab to the office/garage is no problem. When I leave the garage on 200 E Oakton street I want to drop South and get on Route 30 east to get through Il., IN., & Ohio:) Toll roads with the big bus will run almost $$100.00. (Company will reimburse me but I hate paying tolls:mad2::banned:

Any "locals" know a quick way to do it? At all coast I want to stay off any West to East Xway like 90.

Thanks

ChiTownMaraud3r
10-06-2014, 04:46 PM
The skyway, I90 would be the fastest, but most expensive route. Since you want to stay off of that, I would recommend good old 90/94 (dan ryan) east to 94 east (bishop ford) and then down to 394 south to Rt 30. There will be no tolls if you take this.

EDIT, Also I see you're leaving from around o'hare. I90 has some tolls around there so to avoid it this is the best way,

Oakton St east to S. River Road.

S River Rd south to Higgins Rd

Higgins east to Canfield Ave. make a right on Canfield,

First left is Seminole Rd, onramp to I90 after tolls.

Also, I90 merges with I94 through downtown and does not have any tolls until it becomes I90 again (skyway.)

Bigdogjim
10-07-2014, 01:25 AM
^^^ Thanks I give this a lookover and try it.

mnrauder
10-10-2014, 05:45 AM
Hopefully you can get an iPass. Then you can just drive through all the toll stops to the east coast.

71cyclone
10-10-2014, 05:59 AM
What are you Rollin in Big Dog ? [ Haven't driven a Coach or Road Wrecker in 3 years ]..

Bigdogjim
10-11-2014, 12:10 AM
I work for the American coach builder, M.C.I. Motor Coach Industry, factory is in Pembina, N.D. Des Plaines is HQ. I deliver new and used were ever they need to be moved to. Most of my work is between Blackwood, NJ, Chicago. IL., Dallas Tx., Loudonville, Ohio, Winter Garden Fl. The coach is always empty no passengers!

Bigdogjim
10-11-2014, 12:13 AM
Hopefully you can get an iPass. Then you can just drive through all the toll stops to the east coast.

We don't use I-pass or EZ-pass due to switching plates when deliveries are made.

Mr. Man
10-11-2014, 09:39 AM
If the factory is in ND how come you don't pick them up there?