PDA

View Full Version : Come see my band on tour with The Misfits!

Motorhead350
10-10-2014, 01:50 PM
We have 3 shows with The Misfits. We start and end with our own. See you all there!

Yes, I am pushing to live the dream. Putting everything on the back burner, everything. Transmission for my first car, paint job for the Marauder, kids, steady work. Everything else goes on hold. Do this and it may pay off if you have the drive, dedication and weed out any distractions or nay sayers. We have a new manager hitting the road with us, police lights for the stage and walk up to the theme song from Perry Mason.

10/22/14 Columbus, OH @ Bossy Grrls Pinup Club 2598 N. High St.
10/23/14 LANCASTER, PA @ CHAMELEON CLUB W/THE MISFITS!
10/24/14 PHILADELPHIA, PA @ THEATRE OF THE LIVING ARTS W/THE MISFITS!
10/25/14 SAYREVILLE, NJ @ STARLAND BALLROOM W/THE MISFITS!
10/26/14 NYC, NY @ PIANO’S 158 Ludlow St New York, NY 10002

We might need a place to crash in Lancaster if anyone will put up with us. None of us do drugs, not even dope and 2 out of 4 of us do not drink, myself included. Not that it matters, but what I am trying to say is we are very serious and really do not "party" at all.

You might have seen The Misfits logo before, pretty much everywhere. They also recorded some new Oldies covers and actually did one I suggested, Devil In Disguise. That will be released at the end of the month.

Night after night we will be playing to 600 to 1,600 people. It will be a gas. I invite you all to come and watch. PM me in time and I might able to get you on the guest list for free admission.

If you haven't heard us check us out here...

Private Instigators is the name of the band!

www.private-instigators.com .....Marauder pic there!

www.facebook.com/privateinstigators

www.reverbnation.com/Privateinstigators

Mebot
10-10-2014, 02:28 PM
Break a leg Dom! Have a blast

jwibbity
10-10-2014, 03:14 PM
That first pic with you guys hopping out of the marauder is pretty legit, good luck sir!!!

a_d_a_m
10-10-2014, 05:28 PM
Say hello to Danzig for me. Oh, wait...nevermind. :D

But good luck.

MMBLUE
10-10-2014, 08:15 PM
Awesome Dom!!! I proud of you buddy.. I love the pics in your gallery. Like I said before, you've got to bring this band south..

Mr. Quipster
10-12-2014, 09:27 AM
Awesome! I'm an old punk rocker myself. Best of luck to you in your quest!

Walk among us!

cat in the hat
10-12-2014, 10:53 PM
See you at the TLA on the 24th :)

Motorhead350
10-13-2014, 12:33 PM
Say hello to Danzig for me. Oh, wait...nevermind. :D

But good luck.

I wish. Danzig Era FTW! I keep saying, he keeps getting invited, but keeps saying no. There was even a few articles this year saying Doyle was trying to get a "real Misfits" reunion going.... then Glenn started suing everyone.

Awesome! I'm an old punk rocker myself. Best of luck to you in your quest!

Walk among us!

Thank you very much.

See you at the TLA on the 24th :)

PM me your name and number if you wish. I might be able to get you on the guest list. FREE ADMISSION.

Motorhead350
10-15-2014, 01:40 PM
These passes came in the mail today, the calls will not stop.

Banners are being made for the stage show.

We have police lights for the stage.

There is a LOT to factor in.

This is not easy, nor is it fun. The fun is on stage, off stage is stress, negotiation, paper work, expenses, orders, drama... you name it.

cat in the hat
10-15-2014, 05:18 PM
The Theater of the Living Arts (TLA) in Phila. is a great place to see a show ; it's small and has old-school atmosphere dripping from the plaster. It was the "Midnight Movie" spot when I was in high school, for stuff like Rocky Horror and Pink Flamingos, and live shows.
South Street was seedy and vaguely sinister then ; it smelled of urban decay and abandoned storefronts, and was carpeted with the last burned-out hippies reading Tarot cards on the sidewalk between the all-night pool halls, pizza joints and record shops. It was Philly's equivalent to the worst (best) parts of The Village - if only we had CBGB's. I even saw Travis Bickle cruise past me in his taxi one night. You took your life in your hands to walk west of 6th Street, but there was no reason to because there wasn't anything there.

WhatsUpDOHC
10-15-2014, 05:24 PM
The Theater of the Living Arts (TLA) in Phila. is a great place to see a show ; it's small and has old-school atmosphere dripping from the plaster. It was the "Midnight Movie" spot when I was in high school, for stuff like Rocky Horror and Pink Flamingos, and live shows.
South Street was seedy and vaguely sinister then ; it smelled of urban decay and abandoned storefronts, and was carpeted with the last burned-out hippies reading Tarot cards on the sidewalk between the all-night pool halls, pizza joints and record shops. It was Philly's equivalent to the worst (best) parts of The Village - if only we had CBGB's. I even saw Travis Bickle cruise past me in his taxi one night. You took your life in your hands to walk west of 6th Street, but there was no reason to because there wasn't anything there.
In for all of the above and Jim's Steaks -"Wit!"

cat in the hat
10-15-2014, 05:35 PM
In for all of the above and Jim's Steaks -"Wit!"

And pizza at Lorenzo's, at the other end of the block, at 3:30 in the morning - "No, we don't have "toppings" here, f*** you, how many slices do you want ?" ;)

STEPS
10-20-2014, 03:42 PM
when will you be in the Jacksonville area?

Motorhead350
10-20-2014, 04:31 PM
Maybe I can get on more of the tour. The whole band and crew loves us. I will see.

J-MAN
10-20-2014, 06:16 PM
This is so exciting! :woohoo:

Motorhead350
10-21-2014, 07:54 AM
It really is John, it really is. Dreams come true when you work for them. Seriously.

Motorhead350
10-21-2014, 08:10 AM
z-MbC1bXj60

That pretty much sums it up, but like I said it's no picnic, it's hard work, but no one seems to understand that.

You are on the road for 8 hours a day. Arrive hours before doors to load in gear, sound check, then wait more hours to play. Exercise before the show, shower and shave to look your best. Don't forget to play every note right. After the show you sell your merch, meet new people and turn away girls because there is no time for lust or room to accidentally create a kid and ruin everything. .. at least right now. Get food at 2am, go to bed at 5am, wake up at 9am, drive 8 hours... repeat.

It's hard work, it's draining, but it's always worth the satisfaction of stage time. 23 hours out of the day will suck, but for that one hour, you forget about all that bothers you. Everything.

Anthony84
10-22-2014, 08:24 PM
Let me know when you are in the Portland area!!! Can't road trip to the east coast. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

License2Bill
10-23-2014, 09:09 AM
If I didn't have tickets to go see Motley Crue and Alice Cooper on Sunday, I'd be jumping on a train to watch you guys play.

Motorhead350
10-23-2014, 03:21 PM
I cannot believe this is happening. We hit the stage in 3 hours. About to tear it up. This is.... living the dream.

Follow us on Facebook for photos and what is happening.

License2Bill
10-23-2014, 03:53 PM
Break a leg man!

Motorhead350
10-23-2014, 06:47 PM
Omg....

Persistence pays off.

More details later.

massacre
10-23-2014, 09:54 PM
Very nice Dom!

sailsmen
10-24-2014, 04:23 AM
Are the tickets FREE? Do you know where we can get FREE tickets and a sponsor for trip expenses?
We will auction off a diary of our trip consisting of receipts of all our comp "expenses" Bound in paper from the free soap they give at motels.

ps Congratulations on the accomplishment and good luck with the endeavor.

Motorhead350
10-24-2014, 07:26 AM
Are the tickets FREE? Do you know where we can get FREE tickets and a sponsor for trip expenses?
We will auction off a diary of our trip consisting of receipts of all our comp "expenses" Bound in paper from the free soap they give at motels.

ps Congratulations on the accomplishment and good luck with the endeavor.

I would not say free, but tickets can be a FREE cost if you help out or are a friend of mine.

Receipts are all accounted for, for Uncle Sam.... especially fuel.

Sponsors for bands are given out frequently by Monster Energy drink.

Nothing about this is free as much as it seems like it. Keeping soap and being lucky to find a shower... common. Very common.

J-MAN
10-24-2014, 10:25 AM
Most of the larger truck stops have showers.

Motorhead350
10-24-2014, 03:22 PM
Honestly, I am afraid to take a shower at those places. I get a lot of nasty looks for having green hair... from truckers..I would rather find a different place than have my butt kicked.

Cheap hotels and splitting the bill are what's keeping us going. 10 bucks a pop for a 40 dollar room. Win.

J-MAN
10-24-2014, 08:29 PM
Ah yes, a dream come true.

Maybe soap on a rope?

Motorhead350
10-25-2014, 08:08 AM
Ah yes, a dream come true.

Maybe soap on a rope?

Yes sir!

Body wash is more forgiving.

cat in the hat
10-25-2014, 03:42 PM
BTT - Private Instigators TONIGHT with The Misfits at the Starland Ballroom in Sayreville, NJ ! :beer:

Bigdogjim
10-26-2014, 10:09 AM
Honestly, I am afraid to take a shower at those places. I get a lot of nasty looks for having green hair... from truckers..I would rather find a different place than have my butt kicked.

Cheap hotels and splitting the bill are what's keeping us going. 10 bucks a pop for a 40 dollar room. Win.

Truckers are not "bad" people. Just making a living and trying to stay alive on the highways across America..:flag:

With out trucks we would all be homeless, hungry,& walking around with out a shirt on our backs.

America needs move by truck!

PS: They looked at me funny when I pull-up in the big coach to fuel and get out dress in a button down shirt and slacks with dress shoes:)
I do however put the gloves on to pump fuel:beer:

Motorhead350
10-26-2014, 03:39 PM
They think I am queer because of my hair. By definition, that's true, but not the sexual way they intemperate.