PDA

View Full Version : Ever see a 1948 Tucker up-close?

MyBlackBeasts
11-07-2014, 11:46 PM
Ever see a 1948 Tucker up-close?

Click
Here: http://www.laubly.com/1948tucker.htm

1 Bad Merc
11-08-2014, 12:05 AM
I actually saw a real "Tucker" car at the Francis Ford Coppolla winery in Napa Valley. He owns a real one and has it in a museum on the second floor with other collectibles from all of his' movies. Really a cool looking car.

Bluerauder
11-08-2014, 05:56 AM
Ever see a 1948 Tucker up-close?

I think the one in the article that you posted is # 1041. The 41st production Tucker.

There was one on display at the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn/Detroit when we visited during MV III /Woodward Dream Cruise in August 2005. I think it was a black one (Serial Number 1016 in the list). Left my camera in the hotel room so I never got pics from the Museum or the Rouge Plant. :(

Here a listing/pics for all 51 made (including the Tin Goose prototype) >>>>>> http://www.tuckerclub.org/html/see_a_tucker.php

A 52nd Tucker (#1051) was built in the 1980's using leftover Tucker parts but it is not part of the original production at the Tucker Factory.

FastMerc
11-08-2014, 06:28 AM
I saw that one as well. Also I saw a guy who rolled 2 of them out of a trailer at a show, one blue and red. A car way ahead of its time and very unique.

Merrill
11-08-2014, 08:13 AM
I have actually stood next to two of them at once, I knew it was a once in a lifetime moment. At the annual LeMay car show right here in Spanaway. Couldn't touch them but the one owner opened the doors and talked with me for 30 minutes.

yjmud
11-08-2014, 09:44 AM
volo had a ratty one about a year ago

Comin' in Hot
11-08-2014, 10:01 AM
I was at the Henry Ford Museum last year and the black one is still there.

The AACA in Hershey had a display case with Tucker memorabilia when we were there for MV9, I was told that they have two Tuckers, but they were in storage because the display wasn't finished. I have visited since and was told they acquired a 3rd Tucker.

I've also seen the two at the Swigart Automobile Museum in Huntingdon, PA.

teamrope
11-08-2014, 09:24 PM
I have actually stood next to two of them at once, I knew it was a once in a lifetime moment. At the annual LeMay car show right here in Spanaway. Couldn't touch them but the one owner opened the doors and talked with me for 30 minutes.
I've seen LeMay's Tucker a couple of times. They do bring it out to car shows every once in a while. Last time I saw it was last year at the main museum down by the Tacoma Dome.

shoman04
11-09-2014, 12:12 AM
Here in Atlanta, at a place call Stone Mountain. In their Museum 10yrs ago they had 3 Tuckers!!! Have not been to museum sense then but it still there so I think the Tucker are to.

Bluerauder
11-09-2014, 06:11 AM
The AACA in Hershey had a display case with Tucker memorabilia when we were there for MV9, I was told that they have two Tuckers, but they were in storage because the display wasn't finished. I have visited since and was told they acquired a 3rd Tucker.

The Tucker 48 Exhibit at the AACA Museum in Hershey, PA is now open.

From the museum site ..... "The AACA Museum has completed phase 1 on a most meaningful phase of its development – the renovation of the existing 5,200 square foot Cammack Gallery creating an unparalleled exhibit: the world’s largest and best-known collection of Tucker 48 automobiles, engines, mechanicals and automobilia from Tucker historian and collector David Cammack. This permanent, interactive and educational exhibit involves visitors in the compelling story of the development of these historic vehicles and dynamically displays their unique and advanced features."

The cars and parts came from a private Tucker Collection of David Cammack who donated the collection to the AACA upon his death in 2013.

Tuckers #1001, #1022, and #1026 belong to the AACA now. Number 1026 is considered the most valuable because it is the only remaining complete Tucker with the Tuckermatic transmission.

The AACA museum also has parts from #1018 and #1042.

AACA Cammack Collection Display >>>>> http://www.aacamuseum.org/tucker-automobiles-cammack-collection/

Motorhead350
11-10-2014, 02:22 AM
If you ever see the film, it might make you mad at the big three. It did for me.

Brad33
11-10-2014, 12:31 PM
I saw the display when I went up to the Hershey AACA meet in October. Fantastic. In addition to the 3 Tuckers, there is a Tucker chassis and numerous engines and other parts.

The Tucker 48 Exhibit at the AACA Museum in Hershey, PA is now open.

From the museum site ..... "The AACA Museum has completed phase 1 on a most meaningful phase of its development – the renovation of the existing 5,200 square foot Cammack Gallery creating an unparalleled exhibit: the world’s largest and best-known collection of Tucker 48 automobiles, engines, mechanicals and automobilia from Tucker historian and collector David Cammack. This permanent, interactive and educational exhibit involves visitors in the compelling story of the development of these historic vehicles and dynamically displays their unique and advanced features."

The cars and parts came from a private Tucker Collection of David Cammack who donated the collection to the AACA upon his death in 2013.

Tuckers #1001, #1022, and #1026 belong to the AACA now. Number 1026 is considered the most valuable because it is the only remaining complete Tucker with the Tuckermatic transmission.

The AACA museum also has parts from #1018 and #1042.

AACA Cammack Collection Display >>>>> http://www.aacamuseum.org/tucker-automobiles-cammack-collection/

fastblackmerc
11-11-2014, 06:28 AM
Tuckers are so cool! Thanks for the info! :beer: