PDA

View Full Version : Roll Back Ride.....

Marauderjack
11-15-2014, 08:58 AM
Well.......

Since nobody has a trailer for towing my car to my engine builder I had to contract with a local Towing Company to take it to Shrader Performance in Gastonia, NC!! :(

We'll be leaving early Tuesday and should get there early in the afternoon?? He hopes to get it done in 6 weeks or so.....stay tuned!!:beer:

I was looking around their website and Steve (the owner) was on "Pass Time" back in 2009 with a very quick Yellow Mustang....check him out!!:eek:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfGKMUb1GCA

MERCULES
11-15-2014, 09:23 AM
If you have the tow vehicle you can rent a car hauler from U-Haul reasonably.

Marauderjack
11-15-2014, 09:52 AM
NOPE!!:shake:

Panthers cannot be hauled legally on U-Haul car haulers....PERIOD....unless you lie about it.....not advised!!:cool:

The car/trailer weight exceeds 2" ball capacity of 5000# and the U-Haul computers say "Rental Denied".....end of story!!:rolleyes:

My neighbor still has an open trailer I sold him in 2003 but it is ROUGH......wouldn't want to chance it so I'm doing it the safe/right way IMHO!!:beer:

RubberCtyRauder
11-15-2014, 10:14 AM
NOPE!!:shake:

Panthers cannot be hauled legally on U-Haul car haulers....PERIOD....unless you lie about it.....not advised!!:cool:

The car/trailer weight exceeds 2" ball capacity of 5000# and the U-Haul computers say "Rental Denied".....end of story!!:rolleyes:

My neighbor still has an open trailer I sold him in 2003 but it is ROUGH......wouldn't want to chance it so I'm doing it the safe/right way IMHO!!:beer:

Not true..It is going to depend on the towing vehicle and the hitch rating..I just tried it using their 14 foot moving truck with auto trailer and no issues. but with a half ton dodge ram...not recommended. i hauled a Crown Vic in 2006 500 miles with a uhaul auto traier and a 17' moving truck.

Max. vehicle weight is 5290 lbs. max vehicle and trailer is 7500 lbs...so 1 ton dually and 10k rated hitch..no issues..not sure what your towing vehicle was you tried.

Marauderjack
11-15-2014, 11:22 AM
Listen guys....

My truck has pulled 7K# with NO PROBLEMS......U-Haul WILL NOT RENT ANY CAR HAULER WITH FOR Panther platform cars PERIOD!!:shake:

I argued with them at their National Headquarters but the combined weight of the car and trailer is about 6K# and the trailers ONLY fit 2" balls (5k# Max)!!:mad2:

I could tell 'em it's a Toyota Corolla BUT if anything happened I think there would be problems...OK??

It's not worth it to me to take the risk so argue all you want!!:shake:

RubberCtyRauder
11-15-2014, 11:59 AM
I'm not arguing. I tried various combos on their website. And it worked for me using different towing vehicles. Right on their website it says 5290 max vehicle weight for trailer and 7500 lb max weight of car and trailer. I'm only listing what it says on uhaul.com

justbob
11-15-2014, 12:18 PM
[ QUOTE=RubberCtyRauder;1420942]I'm not arguing. I tried various combos on their website. And it worked for me using different towing vehicles. Right on their website it says 5290 max vehicle weight for trailer and 7500 lb max weight of car and trailer. I'm only listing what it says on uhaul.com[/QUOTE]

Same. ^^ I had no issues renting the biggest hauler and a 14' truck per their guidance and telling no lies.

Self proclaimed Builder Of Badassery.

Buy it, Break it, Build it BETTER.
"Since 2004"

Marauderjack
11-15-2014, 02:05 PM
Well KISS MY GRITS!!!:cool: Never even thought about their website!!:shake:

I just called the location that has the hauler and HE said "NO PROBLEM" with a Marauder!!:eek::eek: "Country Boy" who knows his stuff!!

Thanks guys...picking it up Monday!!:beer:

I think the problem lies in the "computer entry" the women I talked to did??:mad2:

Stay tuned!!:D

MERCULES
11-15-2014, 02:27 PM
Well KISS MY GRITS!!!:cool: Never even thought about their website!!:shake:

I just called the location that has the hauler and HE said "NO PROBLEM" with a Marauder!!:eek::eek: "Country Boy" who knows his stuff!!

Thanks guys...picking it up Monday!!:beer:

I think the problem lies in the "computer entry" the women I talked to did??:mad2:

Stay tuned!!:D

That's why I mentioned U-Haul in the first place, I had no issue renting a trailer and hauling, they have two sizes, so if the employee does not know about the larger one you will get no where, good luck with the move, hope fully this saves you some money. :beer:

Marauderjack
11-15-2014, 02:42 PM
That's why I mentioned U-Haul in the first place, I had no issue renting a trailer and hauling, they have two sizes, so if the employee does not know about the larger one you will get no where, good luck with the move, hope fully this saves you some money. :beer:

My apologies too all!!:o

I don't know what any of the women I spoke to were putting into their DAMN computers but the website says exactly what "justbob" said and my truck is good for 7950# towing weight!!:beer:

Thanks again and I'll let ya know how it goes from here!!

MERCULES
11-15-2014, 03:14 PM
Good luck with the move, I recommend stopping again after 10 to 20 miles on the road and give everything and extra tug/pulldown on the straps to tighten in place.:beer:

Marauderjack
11-15-2014, 03:22 PM
I will and I do.....have done lots of towing but mostly boats!!:beer:

Spectragod
11-16-2014, 08:01 AM
I ran into the same issue, first saying it couldn't be loaded onto their trailer to we can rent that to you, when I found out it had a 2" ball, I took a pass....... I don't need to find out how good my insurance is.

MERCULES
11-16-2014, 11:10 AM
I found that most U-hauls have a standard car trailer that is very common, and they have a larger car hauler, not so common but is available if you ask for it.

The larger trailer and a 3/4 ton truck = no issues.