PDA

View Full Version : thinking of a CTS-V next year

chief455
11-19-2014, 09:00 PM
loving my Marauder, Eaton swap ten thumbs up, coolest car I've owned in years, or ever.

the CTS-V just has me nuts thinking about more power, comfort and handling.
I just wish it looked as unique as my Marauder.
And I have the title to my Marauder, no payments.

Stay tuned - I'm impulsive and a good guy to be around when I decide to sell my cars! :eek:

stevengerard
11-19-2014, 09:30 PM
I'm right there with you those are great cars or the new ATS V
or the Shelby GT350

chief455
11-19-2014, 10:16 PM
or the Shelby GT350
Pulling in my garage and seeing this holds me back though...I'd miss this beast so badly.
In the year I've owned it, never passed another Marauder, anywhere in 6000 miles! And everyone gazes at the colors - then it starts up and pulls away - whhhzzzzz - oh man.

License2Bill
11-20-2014, 01:28 AM
We should meet up sometime man. You're one of the only other active members in CT, even though you're about as far away from me in this state as possible. Would be cool to cruise around a bit with another Marauder!

martyo
11-20-2014, 03:55 AM
I would rock one of those Caddy's in a minute.

I suspect one is in my future...

LSp8
11-20-2014, 07:04 AM
That's on my shopping list too. Toss up between 392 Charger and second generation CTS-V. Both cost like hell but I would be happy with either. Especially a black V wagon!!!, those beasts are sick. 556 at the crank STOCK

jflave
11-20-2014, 08:40 AM
I picked up a new XTS in August, I like it. :)

MOTOWN
11-20-2014, 08:46 AM
I love the CTS V sedan looked at a black 2012 model

Embassy
11-20-2014, 09:08 AM
I have a 2008 AWD CTS and love it. It is another reason my MM is for sale.

If I had the coin, I'd get a V for the weekend toy.

Alas, I don't and the 3.6L V6 will have to suffice for now.

I will say I miss the simplicity of the MM/Vics/GMs. The CTS has 1000s of more bells and whistles and with that can come more maintenance or things to go wrong. Something to consider, especially if it will be a DD.

chief455
11-20-2014, 10:30 AM
Good feedback, thanks. I think I just haven't lost the thrill of my Marauder at all yet - so switching and adding cost feels wrong.
Had I become bored or unhappy with MM, I'd be all over the change.
I better wait, or go drive a CTS-V sedan and let it talk to me ;)

MOTOWN
11-20-2014, 10:34 AM
Good feedback, thanks. I think I just haven't lost the thrill of my Marauder at all yet - so switching and adding cost feels wrong.
Had I become bored or unhappy with MM, I'd be all over the change.
I better wait, or go drive a CTS-V sedan and let it talk to me ;)

If you drive it your as good as hooked! i made it a point not to drive it, knowing if i did i would have to have it!:depress:

tbone
11-20-2014, 11:21 AM
I just got my first Caddy. 03 Deville. Winter car. Needed a lot of work but I took care of it all myself, so costs were kept low. I love the thing.

Dude
11-20-2014, 01:50 PM
If I had the coin it would be a white cts-v wagon. They are sick..

chief455
11-20-2014, 05:51 PM
If you drive it your as good as hooked! i made it a point not to drive it, knowing if i did i would have to have it!:depress:
:beer:

I'm thinking the same thing.
I have much love for my Marauder, hate to give her up on impulse, and add debt for a toy.
Gearheads - we bring this on ourselves.:rolleyes:

stevengerard
11-20-2014, 06:19 PM
Same feeling here though as an original owner of my MM it adds a bit more to the urge to keep her along with fewer and fewer left. And the lack of payments as you mention make it even better,

But its hard to stay away from these newer cars - they have so much to offer in performance and safety - as well as comparable mpg. Nothing like cruising comfortably around town and having a great track car all in one.

chief455
11-20-2014, 07:06 PM
Same feeling here though as an original owner of my MM it adds a bit more to the urge to keep her along with fewer and fewer left. And the lack of payments as you mention make it even better,

But its hard to stay away from these newer cars - they have so much to offer in performance and safety - as well as comparable mpg. Nothing like cruising comfortably around town and having a great track car all in one.
Bingo.
I can't afford the CTS-V just by selling MM, but if I trade in my daily driver......I'd hate to have a CTS-V as my daily driver in northen winters!:eek:

Aside from that, myself, my brother, my mechanic, Marty O, forum members - we all have time vested in MM with love:D

In spring time, I'll probably not be able to resist driving one though....

chief455
11-20-2014, 07:12 PM
We should meet up sometime man. You're one of the only other active members in CT, even though you're about as far away from me in this state as possible. Would be cool to cruise around a bit with another Marauder!
let's hook up next spring! Car is running mint, ready for a 6 month nap.:depress:

I would rock one of those Caddy's in a minute.

I suspect one is in my future...
I strongly suspect the same. Hopefully right next to my Marauder in the garage, not in place of;)

Spectragod
11-20-2014, 07:22 PM
I had a CTS-V once..... it was a nice snack, I bet that guy sold it after that.:D :burnout:

But I did have a caddy before, I'll never own another POS built by Cadillac.

stevengerard
11-20-2014, 07:53 PM
the last caddy I drove was a 1976 coupe deville with the 472. Those doors were longer than most cars on the road today. Totally different type of caddy that's for sure.

chief455
11-20-2014, 08:42 PM
I had a CTS-V once..... it was a nice snack, I bet that guy sold it after that.:D :burnout:

Bravo ;)
My mechanic is telling me that these are fairly well built and not plaged with typical Caddy issues from days past.
Still, any performance car will have problems.
He also told me dollar for dollar, my MM with 400+ at the rear wheels and no payment......why bother.

I actually am not falling in love with the looks.
It would need to be customized well.

ChiTownMaraud3r
11-20-2014, 09:25 PM
or the Shelby GT350

It will be between those two cars for me. Been feeling a coupe for a while now, good thing I waited.

boatmangc
11-21-2014, 05:48 AM
I'm on a search for the elusive Vagon now

blkZooM
11-22-2014, 11:09 AM
I'm too broke for one and If I did buy it it would be a daily and I would be in debt again, but when you see what people have done with those cars when it comes to racing all you can do is just drool, some guy ran in the 9s on blower alone and in the 8s with Nos.. looks stock still

LSp8
11-22-2014, 02:32 PM
I'm on a search for the elusive Vagon now

+1 on that note. I was searching hard for a Black (or any other color for that matter) V Wagon and I just can't get over the cost factor. Would be one hell of a car but I think I'll just settle for a cheaper SRT and build power from their. However, that LSA is nothing but the truth!:bows:

boatmangc
12-02-2014, 03:14 PM
Drove my 1st Vagon this weekend.
Very similar in the seat of the pants acceleration, lotsa tech goodies, good sounds from the engine compartment.
Handles like its on rails.

But
Rides like its on rails, I think you would feel a piece of gum on the road.
And you would hear the same piece of gum.

I will say the car I drove was on 20s with Pilot Super Sports, liked it. Didn't love it.

Appearance wise I like it but this particular model was a murdered out black with freaking yellow calipers, didn't work for me.

It's not off the table but I will have to come up with just the right deal on the right car to consider giving up the MM for it.
After this test drive and seeing what a "used" 28000 mile car looked like I am more in the market for a new one if I do it.
There are still a few around. Found a blue one in Dallas Tx, seems to be as rare as our DBPs.

Mike D Mechanic
12-02-2014, 03:57 PM
Mines paid for from day 1. Every time I look at new cars and see the sticker I'm done. I'm staying with non bailed out American vehicles Just my opinion . :coolman: Thanks

chief455
12-02-2014, 08:51 PM
Challenger Hellcat - I'm sure they will make a Charger.
I can't believe how much car a well optioned 2012 up Charger is for the money:eek:

I'm over the CTS-V, sticking with Marauder until at least another full summer is enjoyed ;)

Motorhead350
12-02-2014, 11:37 PM
CTS-V is ugly and will break.

It has a warranty with speed though.

Ms. Denmark
12-03-2014, 04:40 AM

boatmangc
12-03-2014, 09:45 AM
It's amazing our cars ride better and have less road noise than a Caddy

boatmangc
12-03-2014, 09:49 AM
CTS-V is ugly and will break.

It has a warranty with speed though.

I think it would take a lot to break it.
The LS platform is pretty rugged.
I have joined a couple of V forums. The guys breaking are way into boost and a lot of other mods.
The V wagon will run low 12s high 11s with no more mods than sticky tires.
Exhaust, CAI, maybe a pulley change and a tune can get them into the 10s from the research I have done.

I think the only CTS V that looks right is the wagon. Tha sedan and coupe are FUGLY!

Embassy
12-03-2014, 10:13 AM
I personally like the sedan's appearance and I too am on several CTS forums. It is not uncommon to see them pushing 700HP. Someday, I plan to own a V.

Until then, I will settle for my AWD CTS.

stevengerard
12-03-2014, 11:27 AM
I like the looks of all the CTS-Vs and bet they are a ball around the track - could run circles around an MM - of equal drivers. But I'll stick with the MM as well.

ChiTownMaraud3r
12-03-2014, 12:10 PM
Looked at a CTSV for sale today online, the rear is just too plain jane by today's standards now. Still can't wait for ATS-V, much better looking. Wish it had a v8 though.

LSp8
12-07-2014, 05:09 PM
Challenger Hellcat - I'm sure they will make a Charger.
I can't believe how much car a well optioned 2012 up Charger is for the money:eek:

I'm over the CTS-V, sticking with Marauder until at least another full summer is enjoyed ;)

Same here, the regular RT is the cheapest V8 sedan in America and its a lot of bang for the buck. It's confirmed the Hellcat is already out and will be available to the public soon and its a tad faster than the Challenger Hellcat, lol.

LSp8
12-07-2014, 05:15 PM
I think it would take a lot to break it.
The LS platform is pretty rugged.
I have joined a couple of V forums. The guys breaking are way into boost and a lot of other mods.
The V wagon will run low 12s high 11s with no more mods than sticky tires.
Exhaust, CAI, maybe a pulley change and a tune can get them into the 10s from the research I have done.

I think the only CTS V that looks right is the wagon. Tha sedan and coupe are FUGLY!

The wagon is the way to go, just rare as hell, I thought our MMs were rare til I saw the build numbers for a Vagon!:eek:

chief455
12-08-2014, 04:16 PM
Same here, the regular RT is the cheapest V8 sedan in America and its a lot of bang for the buck. It's confirmed the Hellcat is already out and will be available to the public soon and its a tad faster than the Challenger Hellcat, lol.
Drove a 2012 R/T with every option, Flowmaster cat back and Eiback handling kit. What a nice driving car!
I love the manual shift by just tapping the lever to the right/left, or by paddles. Made it feel almost lke a manual car.
Smoother and more modern ride than Marauder.
Then I fired Marauder up, listened to the whine and snapping throttle - yup, keeping her for awhile.
I'll get an R/T Charger as a daily some time though....

boatmangc
12-08-2014, 04:48 PM
Drove a 2012 R/T with every option, Flowmaster cat back and Eiback handling kit. What a nice driving car!
I love the manual shift by just tapping the lever to the right/left, or by paddles. Made it feel almost lke a manual car.
Then I fired Marauder up, listened to the whine and snapping throttle - yup, keeping her for awhile.

Yup, when I drove the Vagon last week it was a bit stiffer and felt very electronically controlled, when I was ready to go I climbed back in the MM and left with the Trilogy screaming and the tires smoking, cyber nannies be damned!!

stevengerard
12-08-2014, 05:07 PM

I drove a few Mopars this summer, definitely nice cars and as you said a nicer, modern feeling ride. But when you consider our modified cars and the fact its paid off, its a bit hard to justify. Now in a few years when we have a choice of used V's, SRT's etc., well, that might change things for me.

chief455
12-08-2014, 08:39 PM
Yup, when I drove the Vagon last week it was a bit stiffer and felt very electronically controlled, when I was ready to go I climbed back in the MM and left with the Trilogy screaming and the tires smoking, cyber nannies be damned!!
cyber nannies! :lol: it did feel self controlled, and busy in the dash cluster, but with t/c off and tapping the shifter at 6 grand, it was stout and tight.

I drove a few Mopars this summer, definitely nice cars and as you said a nicer, modern feeling ride. But when you consider our modified cars and the fact its paid off, its a bit hard to justify. Now in a few years when we have a choice of used V's, SRT's etc., well, that might change things for me.
Ditto.
I got it out of my system with the test drive. It can't justify selling the Marauder (paid for, custom, fast, cool, unique)
but I can justify trading in my Accord with a bit of cash down for a nice, low mile R/T as a daily driver.
SRT8 car I'd think impracticle as a daily, and not rare enough for the weekend car, not yet anyway. I'd have to have a killer SRT instead of Marauder, and drive an Accord daily. Not this year.

justbob
12-09-2014, 05:28 AM
Last year I was literally 20 minutes late on purchasing a BEAUTIFUL blacked out two year old thunder grey sedan built to the hilt from some very well known caddy builder in Cali. Somewhere around 580 to the wheels IIRC. It was to be the wife's play toy, hence the automatic. FAIL.

Kinda glad now that I didn't get it as her true favorite is the tri diamond black (?) coupe that I couldn't stomach till I finally seen enough built ones on YouTube. I'm with her now.. We both agree the wagon is straight up FUGLY!

Builder Of Badassery

CalmSeasQuest
12-09-2014, 05:57 AM
The concept images released for the 2016 Eldorado caught my eye...

http://www.2015newreview2016.com/2016-cadillac-eldorado-changes-reviews/

Rumored power includes a turbo charged 4.8L V8 putting out 500/500

boatmangc
12-09-2014, 11:20 AM
I think I'm waiting to see if Lincoln has the cajones to build the new Mark on the mustang platform.
Luxury gt500 anyone??

http://www.boldride.com/ride/2015/lincoln-mk-coupe#gallery/2

ChiTownMaraud3r
12-09-2014, 12:03 PM
cyber nannies! :lol: it did feel self controlled, and busy in the dash cluster, but with t/c off and tapping the shifter at 6 grand, it was stout and tight.

Ditto.
I got it out of my system with the test drive. It can't justify selling the Marauder (paid for, custom, fast, cool, unique)
but I can justify trading in my Accord with a bit of cash down for a nice, low mile R/T as a daily driver.
SRT8 car I'd think impracticle as a daily, and not rare enough for the weekend car, not yet anyway. I'd have to have a killer SRT instead of Marauder, and drive an Accord daily. Not this year.

I was thinking of practical cars for a daily and the 2015 300s in cherry red caught my eye. I have never been a big 300 fan as they usually are donked out, but this new one looks damn good with the rear spoiler, 20" wheels and 5.7 390tq hemi. The only downside is the limp wrist dial shifter instead of a standard center console shiftknob..and they axed the SRT for our market.

boatmangc
12-09-2014, 12:34 PM
The concept images released for the 2016 Eldorado caught my eye...

http://www.2015newreview2016.com/2016-cadillac-eldorado-changes-reviews/

Rumored power includes a turbo charged 4.8L V8 putting out 500/500

That's purdy too!

LSp8
12-22-2014, 11:14 AM
Mines paid for from day 1. Every time I look at new cars and see the sticker I'm done. I'm staying with non bailed out American vehicles Just my opinion . :coolman: Thanks

Yeah but the "bailed out" American companies are building cars that WE want. I'm glad to see that my tax dollars wasn't a waste and my next car WILL be fast, cool, fun, 4door, V8, RWD car that our Marauders were built to be. When Ford decides to make something other than some FWD ugly crap I'd give them a shot. Til then I want something with a pushrod, GM and Mopar ftw!

ChiTownMaraud3r
12-22-2014, 11:17 AM
And here we go..

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/12/22/2016-cadillac-cts-v-official-photos-detroit-auto-show/

LSp8
12-22-2014, 11:30 AM
And here we go..

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/12/22/2016-cadillac-cts-v-official-photos-detroit-auto-show/

Case and point, that is something I'd buy if I had the funds. Too bad Lincoln can't play in this arena.

LSp8
12-22-2014, 11:37 AM

That's the best DD choice plus you can run 89 with it and it gets great mileage too. I'm keeping my MM but I need something to DD. 370/390 is not bad for a base. I'm curious to see what new Torqueflite 8-speed can do for the 2015.

ChiTownMaraud3r
12-22-2014, 11:52 AM
That's the best DD choice plus you can run 89 with it and it gets great mileage too. I'm keeping my MM but I need something to DD. 370/390 is not bad for a base. I'm curious to see what new Torqueflite 8-speed can do for the 2015.

The 2015 models will have the 8 speeds with the 5.7L V8 finally, although they lose AWD unless you do the 6 cylinder.

Just need to keep an eye out for issues for a bit after they are released since it is the first time they mate that drivetrain, I think I'll be getting the sporty 300.

71cyclone
12-22-2014, 02:15 PM
The hypo 392 has been dropped from the 2015 charger line ,No scat pack or super bee R/T

chief455
12-22-2014, 03:26 PM
The hypo 392 has been dropped from the 2015 charger line ,No scat pack or super bee R/T
Bad, because the Scat Pack was a great way to not buy an SRT8 to get the better engine:shake:

ChiTownMaraud3r
12-22-2014, 03:44 PM
I wouldn't write those off completely.. they are most likely going to release other trims eventually.

svtrichie
12-22-2014, 05:37 PM
I thought they are doing a scat pack charger. Starting price is 40k

chief455
12-22-2014, 06:04 PM
I thought they are doing a scat pack charger. Starting price is 40k
not on the website - just R/T and R/T Road & Track

svtrichie
12-22-2014, 06:56 PM
There also is no hellcat charger on the site either

boatmangc
12-22-2014, 07:12 PM
Gonna go take wifey for a ride in a new Vagon tomorrow

Jeronimojc
12-22-2014, 10:01 PM
The wagon is the way to go, just rare as hell, I thought our MMs were rare til I saw the build numbers for a Vagon!:eek:

^^ + 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boatmangc
12-24-2014, 05:33 AM
Crap, crap, crap.
Test drove it with my wife yesterday, much to my surprise she LOVED it, we make a deal, get down to the nitty gritty, they send it out to be washed and I do a good walk around. Friggin paint is SCREWED, silly ass me picking yet another black car.
I found the damage after we had started signing papers so my credit has already been run....
Steaming mad, disappointed, the car may have paint work on the hood and A pillar. Everyone at the stealership played dumb.
One of 1346, one of two in Florida. My accountant pretty much said I have to spend the $$

6 hours away from home in a hotel trying to figure out my next move.
I put an APB out for mobile car detailers capable of paint correction to meet me at the dealership and prep an estimate for the correction so I can haggle it out.

Bummed.....

ChiTownMaraud3r
12-24-2014, 06:50 AM
Crap, crap, crap.
Test drove it with my wife yesterday, much to my surprise she LOVED it, we make a deal, get down to the nitty gritty, they send it out to be washed and I do a good walk around. Friggin paint is SCREWED, silly ass me picking yet another black car.
I found the damage after we had started signing papers so my credit has already been run....
Steaming mad, disappointed, the car may have paint work on the hood and A pillar. Everyone at the stealership played dumb.
One of 1346, one of two in Florida. My accountant pretty much said I have to spend the $$

I put an APB out for mobile car detailers capable of paint correction to meet me at the dealership and prep an estimate for the correction so I can haggle it out.

Bummed.....

Wow. I would never trust a dealer with a dirty car. Wash it first before we talk! :mad2:

stevengerard
12-24-2014, 01:03 PM
sorry to hear that, that's tough. The excitement and everything, you would be surprised at what people can miss.

Hopefully they give you some credit towards making it better

Look at it this way - you don't have to be to upset over the first ding.

chief455
12-24-2014, 03:09 PM
Crap, crap, crap.

Bummed.....
no way they can force you to take delivery of that car. that's too much money to just take a hit. I'd tell them you are cancelling the deal, period. Unless they make the car right.
heck, it has paint coverage under warranty :confused:

boatmangc
12-24-2014, 05:22 PM
STOLE IT!!!!
Merry freaking Christmas to me!!!!

justbob
12-24-2014, 05:38 PM
Sweet Gary!

Builder Of Badassery

boatmangc
12-24-2014, 05:46 PM
Now to decide if the MM stays or not, obviously the Fairlane/Comet project is off the table for a while...

Kinda cool knowing there is over 1300 BHP in my driveway between 2 cars LOL!

chief455
12-24-2014, 07:18 PM
Now to decide if the MM stays or not, obviously the Fairlane/Comet project is off the table for a while...

Kinda cool knowing there is over 1300 BHP in my driveway between 2 cars LOL!
keep MM, you'd regret it.
Reduced final price to silence you on the paint flaw? Get that addressed on your own?
Anyway, congrats and Merry Christmas!
Somehow, this thread drove you to madness!!

kariamack
12-24-2014, 07:27 PM
Wheres the pics Gary? I will be following your foot steps in a few weeks. That V wagons are sick

martyo
12-24-2014, 07:34 PM
Wheres the pics Gary? I will be following your foot steps in a few weeks. That V wagons are sick

My thoughts exactly.

boatmangc
12-24-2014, 08:04 PM
Ok
I'm out of town til Friday at least
Made it back to hotel after dark
Snapped a few pics most are bogus
I will take some real ones tomorrow if the sun comes out

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/24/e4b54b39807c82915eb3b053294e89 af.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/24/026d4a12eb28a708c8cdb40628d307 7a.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/24/a8b639a0e773454639dcbf69db3bb1 92.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MOTOWN
12-25-2014, 12:28 AM
Thats a bad azz wagon! sure its going to be perfect when you get done with it.

martyo
12-25-2014, 05:03 AM
What cam are you going with?

justbob
12-25-2014, 05:17 AM
What exhaust and pulley combo did you order this morning?

Builder Of Badassery

RubberCtyRauder
12-25-2014, 05:40 AM
Sweet!!! Congrats!!!

chief455
12-25-2014, 06:19 AM
WAYYYY better then sedan or coupe - I see why that V was sought. really, what tuner will you use after the pullies and exhaust are installed? :)

boatmangc
12-25-2014, 07:06 AM
Wow, you guys are brutal LOL
It will keep up with the MM now.
I worked a deal with the dealer to buy any GM offered accessories at dealer cost for it.
I know GM offers a pulley kit, CAI and exhaust.
I need to speak with the GM dealer in Key West before going hog wild though.
The dealer that sold it had their service department out for the holiday and I want to know if pullying it using GM parts affects the warranty.
I am sure the CAI and exhaust (at least cat back) won't be an issue but I'm guessing long tubes, pulley and a tune might have an effect on the warranty. Unless the pulley kit comes with a GM supplied tune?

Already ordered a front parking sensor for it, that front splitter is LOW!!

Correction on my earlier post, my two cars make merely 1150ish BHP. Time for a trade!

chief455
12-25-2014, 07:30 AM
Wow, you guys are brutal LOL
It will keep up with the MM now.
I worked a deal with the dealer to buy any GM offered accessories at dealer cost for it.
I know GM offers a pulley kit, CAI and exhaust.
I need to speak with the GM dealer in Key West before going hog wild though.
The dealer that sold it had their service department out for the holiday and I want to know if pullying it using GM parts affects the warranty.
I am sure the CAI and exhaust (at least cat back) won't be an issue but I'm guessing long tubes, pulley and a tune might have an effect on the warranty. Unless the pulley kit comes with a GM supplied tune?

Already ordered a front parking sensor for it, that front splitter is LOW!!

Correction on my earlier post, my two cars make merely 1150ish BHP. Time for a trade!
My Dodge service manager friend says everything factory offered and dealer installed is under warranty. Hopefully, GM is the same. I'd think CAI, exhaust would be nice, pullies would be icing on the cake!
Either way, congrats - just looking at them, even used = WOW not in my future budget.
Best Christmas present I've seen yet :D