PDA

View Full Version : MM Won't Start - It Thinks I am A Thief

Jeronimojc
11-22-2014, 06:48 PM
When I bought the car it came with an alarm / remote starter system. The car won't start unless you unlock the doors with the alarm key fob. For some reason, the key fob won't unlock or lock the doors since this morning. As a result, the alarm / anti-theft system won't let me start the car.

I've been able to start the car three times today, by pressing the valet button and playing with the ignition. However, the alarm system hasn't gone back to normal. I still can't lock / unlock the doors with the alarm key fob.

Below is a picture of what they key fob looks like. There is a number behind the key fob that reads: GOH-FRDPC2002. I did an internet search on this and haven't found a manual yet. I was hoping someone here has deal with this system, which I understand was installed by a Ford dealer, and has some pointers.

Thanks.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=40 390&stc=1&d=1416707152

Spectragod
11-22-2014, 07:03 PM
That system is made by Audiovox

MERCULES
11-22-2014, 07:04 PM
Turn the key back all the way to accessory and forward all the way but not to start 4 times and on the fifth turn it all the way forward and try to start it. Sometimes this will reset it.

Not sure if that will work or not, I have had to do this twice in the past 5 years on another car of mine and it started on the fifth turn.

My nephew is a tech and told me about this. I hope you get lucky and this works. :beer:

Jeronimojc
11-22-2014, 07:14 PM
Thanks. I just tried that, but it didn't work.

BTW, I put a new battery in the fob to see it that was the problem, but nothing.

EDIT: I just tried the stock key fob to see if it locks and unlocks the doors. It does, but the alarm system is still not working as it should.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeronimojc
11-23-2014, 12:07 AM
Any other suggestions???

Marauderjack
11-23-2014, 03:54 AM
Contact the Alarm Manufacturer.....perhaps there is a simple fix or just remove it!!:confused:

larryo340
11-23-2014, 06:16 AM
That's the Ford dealer installed remote start system which is made by Audiovox. There should be a small button under the dash on the left side which you push at the same time you're turning the key to start the car......this is the manual override.

When you say it would not start does it crank or not? If it does not crank it the over ride switch should get you going. The system is wired to the starter crank wire at the ignition switch which could always be bypassed to eliminate that from the starting system...that of course will render the remote start inoperative.

I may have the full install manual with wiring which I have to try to find, let me know how you make out.

Stupid question...do you have only the one remote start remote? Sometimes they can lose programming, and need to be reprogrammed to the module.

Jeronimojc
11-23-2014, 07:19 AM
Thanks for the response. I believe you are correct in that this was installed by a Ford dealer.

I can start the car by playing with the small button you mentioned (valet button ) and the ignition, but this doesn't reset the alarm system.

When I say the car won't start, I mean it won't crank.

Unfortunately I have misplaced my other alarm system fob.

I'll do some internet searching under Audiovox.

larryo340
11-23-2014, 09:22 AM
There should be two different buttons...one should be a small black momentary button under the dash and a little hard to get to which is the one I referred to above, and the other which is actually the valet button/LED indicator for system status.

To put the system into valet after you get engine started...turn engine off then put key back into run position then press the "LED button" once and you should get a steady double flash which indicates that it's in valet mode. That should enable you to start car with the key without issue.

Jeronimojc
11-23-2014, 10:34 AM
There should be two different buttons...one should be a small black momentary button under the dash and a little hard to get to which is the one I referred to above, and the other which is actually the valet button/LED indicator for system status.

To put the system into valet after you get engine started...turn engine off then put key back into run position then press the "LED button" once and you should get a steady double flash which indicates that it's in valet mode. That should enable you to start car with the key without issue.

Thanks again. My LED indicator is a light only, no button. The one under the dash is the one that I've been able to use to start the car, but not to reset the alarm.

Any other ideas? I guess I may have to go to the dealer. This is my DD.

larryo340
11-23-2014, 10:42 AM
With that version you would still have to have the key in the run position then push the button under the dash once (it's been awhile so bear with my fading memory) and it should give the LED on the dash that double flash indicating it's in valet mode.

I'll try to find the manual that I should have later on today when I get home.

Jeronimojc
11-23-2014, 12:54 PM
IT WORKS! Thanks for your help. The problem is likely some loose wiring. I kept moving wires and suddenly the LED started acting in a normal manner. I identified a wire that is likely loose. The alarm system is back to normal. I'll need to address the loose wire to have peace of mind, but for now I know things are temporarily okay. Mahalo!

MERCULES
11-23-2014, 04:01 PM
IT WORKS! Thanks for your help. The problem is likely some loose wiring. I kept moving wires and suddenly the LED started acting in a normal manner. I identified a wire that is likely loose. The alarm system is back to normal. I'll need to address the loose wire to have peace of mind, but for now I know things are temporarily okay. Mahalo!

Nice, glad you were able to get it sorted out, now take it out and drive it like you stole it. :burnout:

larryo340
11-23-2014, 04:03 PM
Great..I'm glad you got it going :)