PDA

View Full Version : Marauder vs 2002 Lincoln LS V8

Finally
11-23-2014, 05:26 PM
Finally ended up at a set of lights today against my sons Lincoln LS 3.9,I lost by a car and a half lol.
Both cars,tuned ,CAI,mine is stock exh and his is muffler delete.from the lights he pulled that car and a half and just stayed there and at hwy speed he put me at his back door and kept me there,I wasn't gaining but he wasn't pulling.
Bottom line my kid kicked my ass and to everyone else,watch out for those little Lincoln V8's they are a fun and peppy car.

justbob
11-23-2014, 05:31 PM
I bow to no such vehicle. [emoji12]

ESPECIALLY if my son is driving! [emoji75]

Self proclaimed Builder Of Badassery.

Buy it, Break it, Build it BETTER.
"Since 2004"

LSp8
11-23-2014, 06:33 PM
Luckily it wasn't a 03-06. Those things fly but I guess Ford decided to kill everything that's RWD (sans Mustang). I love those beasts, my boy had a 05 LS-V8 and handed my ass to me one night. Great sleepers. Just imagine what that car could've evolved into had it still been in production and not replaced by any MK nonsense. One of the reasons I hate Ford now compared to GM and Mopar.

Jeffonebuck
11-23-2014, 06:51 PM
Time for Gears and Tune !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

camelgrundle
11-23-2014, 07:32 PM
B4 this thread gets shut down I beat a douche in a Cadillac srx (SUV looking thing) with my 04 Taurus winter beater! Better luck next time. 24v 3 litre baby lol. 2 lanes merging into one and he thought he could get in front.

Finally
11-23-2014, 07:39 PM
Time for Gears and Tune !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gears for sure,already has a MOE tune,I have the headers on the shelf along with a 3000 stahl converter but just been to busy to put it in.i give credit to those little LS while it is 4 to 500 pounds lighter it moves out pretty good for a 3.9.

ChiTownMaraud3r
11-23-2014, 08:17 PM
Luckily it wasn't a 03-06. Those things fly but I guess Ford decided to kill everything that's RWD (sans Mustang). I love those beasts, my boy had a 05 LS-V8 and handed my ass to me one night. Great sleepers. Just imagine what that car could've evolved into had it still been in production and not replaced by any MK nonsense. One of the reasons I hate Ford now compared to GM and Mopar.

My thoughts exactly. Hopefully its not too late for Ford to get their heads outta their a$$es once they start dumping some money into Lincoln again. I don't ever see them being as competitive as Cadillac that's for sure.

LSp8
11-24-2014, 09:39 AM
My thoughts exactly. Hopefully its not too late for Ford to get their heads outta their a$$es once they start dumping some money into Lincoln again. I don't ever see them being as competitive as Cadillac that's for sure.

As far as I'm concerned I don't ever see them pulling their heads out of their a$$es :lol::lol: and will NeVeR compete with Cadillac, maybe Acura at best. I own two Lacs, Escalade EXT and Seville STS and love them both. Seville is stock and leaves leaves stock MMs after 130 and is old as hell and FWD smh, Mark LT and Blackwood never could compete with the EXT. I grew up around Fords but I quickly began to see the light as time moved on. It's only a matter of time before we lose Lincoln too. The LS even had autostick, navigation, and even heated and cooled seats when it was out. I might start looking for one as a daily driver since you can buy them cheap lol..

Motorhead350
11-24-2014, 09:58 AM
Before the thread get's locked because of someone else's past actions, I think you could have beat the LS if you had the move on him.

71cyclone
11-24-2014, 10:48 AM
Luckily it wasn't a 03-06. Those things fly but I guess Ford decided to kill everything that's RWD (sans Mustang). I love those beasts, my boy had a 05 LS-V8 and handed my ass to me one night. Great sleepers. Just imagine what that car could've evolved into had it still been in production and not replaced by any MK nonsense. One of the reasons I hate Ford now compared to GM and Mopar. Amusing :D /Back then the larger tire and wheel package LS's had a more aggressive shift program from the factory and would churp the tire from a "stand still " A relative of mine had his base model LS v8 calibrated to the sport model specs, back then , and it was a fun car to drive.:banana:

Finally
11-24-2014, 11:15 AM
Before the thread get's locked because of someone else's past actions, I think you could have beat the LS if you had the move on him.

Couldn't even pull from him on the hwy,

Finally
11-24-2014, 11:19 AM

Twice now I've heard about this thread getting locked,I must be missing why ? Can someone elaborate even if it's in a pm

Mr. Man
11-24-2014, 12:08 PM
Twice now I've heard about this thread getting locked,I must be missing why ? Can someone elaborate even if it's in a pm
The owners of this site frown apon street racing and made rules against posting about it on this site. It all stems from a death that happened to a young member years ago who was street racing, crashed and subsequently died.

So hopefully you will see this post before the thread goes "poof" :)

MMBLUE
11-24-2014, 12:53 PM
I'm amazed that it is still here all day. The admins must be on vacay

Finally
11-24-2014, 03:54 PM
The owners of this site frown apon street racing and made rules against posting about it on this site. It all stems from a death that happened to a young member years ago who was street racing, crashed and subsequently died.

So hopefully you will see this post before the thread goes "poof" :)

Oh I see

Well there is nothing illegal about seeing who can get too the speed limit from the lights first,nor is it illegal to try and pass someone on the hwy and backing off after you realize you can't.
No rediculous speeds just some spirited fun with my son.

Fastbob
11-24-2014, 04:05 PM
Oh I see

Well there is nothing illegal about seeing who can get too the speed limit from the lights first,nor is it illegal to try and pass someone on the hwy and backing off after you realize you can't.
No rediculous speeds just some spirited fun with my son.Not trying to stir the pot, but.... any competition to out distance another vehicle is illegal and called racing. Speed limit has nothing to do with it. I really don't give a hoot what you post here, but I am sure the moderators won't like it. Just saying....

From the Kansas Statutes, many states are similar.

Statute 8-1565: Racing on highways; misdemeanor. (a) No person shall drive any vehicle in any race, speed competition or contest, drag race or acceleration contest, test of physical endurance, exhibition of speed or acceleration, or for the purpose of making a speed record, and no person shall in any manner participate in any such race, competition, contest, test or exhibition.
(b) As used in this section, "drag race" means the operation of two or more vehicles from a point side by side at accelerating speeds in a competitive attempt to out-distance each other, or the operation of one or more vehicles over a common selected course, from the same point to the same point, for the purpose of comparing the relative speeds or power of acceleration of such vehicle or vehicles within a certain distance or time limit.

(c) As used in this section, "racing" means the use of one or more vehicles in an attempt to out-gain, out-distance or prevent another vehicle from passing, to arrive at a given destination ahead of another vehicle or vehicles, or to test the physical stamina or endurance of drivers over long distance driving routes.

(d) Violation of this section is a misdemeanor.

History: L. 1974, ch. 33, § 8-1565; L. 1984, ch. 39, § 7; Jan. 1, 1985.

Mike D Mechanic
11-24-2014, 05:19 PM
my wife has 2000 LS 3.0 V6 Surprisingly nice and nimble & fun to drive. Really like built in dead pedal, wish they would have done that in my Marauder. Serious PITA to work on ! Every time I work on it i'm glad she doesn't have the V8 LOL When it comes to fun, only illegal if you get caught ! :banana2:

BeastmodeCowboy
11-24-2014, 05:40 PM
I was doing 90 mph in a 20 mph school zone just as kids were getting out and the school bus lights were flashing red.
Chit.....I don't care, I don't have kids. I just had to beat that Honda.

And I do it everyday!

:gunfire::bunny3: :gangster::bunny: :gunfire::bunny2:

There.....that should shut it down

:cowboy:

CoreyM75
11-24-2014, 05:44 PM
Free post.

eric jones
11-24-2014, 06:09 PM
I was doing 90 mph in a 20 mph school zone just as kids were getting out and the school bus lights were flashing red.

And I do it everyday!

That!!!!! was funny

Finally
11-24-2014, 07:11 PM
Not trying to stir the pot, but.... any competition to out distance another vehicle is illegal and called racing. Speed limit has nothing to do with it. I really don't give a hoot what you post here, but I am sure the moderators won't like it. Just saying....

From the Kansas Statutes, many states are similar.

Statute 8-1565: Racing on highways; misdemeanor. (a) No person shall drive any vehicle in any race, speed competition or contest, drag race or acceleration contest, test of physical endurance, exhibition of speed or acceleration, or for the purpose of making a speed record, and no person shall in any manner participate in any such race, competition, contest, test or exhibition.
(b) As used in this section, "drag race" means the operation of two or more vehicles from a point side by side at accelerating speeds in a competitive attempt to out-distance each other, or the operation of one or more vehicles over a common selected course, from the same point to the same point, for the purpose of comparing the relative speeds or power of acceleration of such vehicle or vehicles within a certain distance or time limit.

(c) As used in this section, "racing" means the use of one or more vehicles in an attempt to out-gain, out-distance or prevent another vehicle from passing, to arrive at a given destination ahead of another vehicle or vehicles, or to test the physical stamina or endurance of drivers over long distance driving routes.

(d) Violation of this section is a misdemeanor.

History: L. 1974, ch. 33, § 8-1565; L. 1984, ch. 39, § 7; Jan. 1, 1985.

Those laws are written so the law can ticket just about anyone they want,down here they like pushing stunting tickets and any thing that sounds like it's reving usually gets a stunting ticket,a buddy of mine pulled out onto the hwy with his 4 spd Roadrunner went through the gears shifting at around 3000 rpm hit the speed limit and was pulled over,the young cop said you were racing,my bud claimed with who all I was doing was shifting the gears to get to the speed limit so the cop gave him a stunting ticket for exsesive sound.
Bottom line if they want to ticket you they are going to do it wether you deserve it or not..
He'll even cops have been caught racing.

cer0413
11-24-2014, 07:18 PM
That!!!!! was funny
It was lmao!!!!!!

jwibbity
11-25-2014, 06:47 AM
In before the nuke!!!!!!

71cyclone
11-25-2014, 07:15 AM
Those laws are written so the law can ticket just about anyone they want,down here they like pushing stunting tickets and any thing that sounds like it's reving usually gets a stunting ticket,a buddy of mine pulled out onto the hwy with his 4 spd Roadrunner went through the gears shifting at around 3000 rpm hit the speed limit and was pulled over,the young cop said you were racing,my bud claimed with who all I was doing was shifting the gears to get to the speed limit so the cop gave him a stunting ticket for exsesive sound.
Bottom line if they want to ticket you they are going to do it wether you deserve it or not..
He'll even cops have been caught racing. Yepp, back in 1969 Los Angeles county had a Black Polara 440 Super Commando V8 with header's that 'They' personally took to the track. :burnout:

jerrym3
11-25-2014, 05:21 PM
I have a 2004 LS V8 and it's mechanical twin, a 2003 TBird. Yes, they are quick, and the LS can handle. The 03's and up are quicker than the 02's.

But, they are both too expensive to maintain over the long run.

Motorhead350
11-25-2014, 08:05 PM
Next time you line up against the LS from a 20mph run, turn the overdrive off.

Big Mercur
11-25-2014, 08:12 PM
Kool man! Time for gears......4.10's

Seneca
11-25-2014, 08:24 PM
My wifes 04 lincoln lsv8 did 14.5 @ over a 100 in the 1/4 definitely not a slouch for their time
My marauder did 14.7 with gears and tune..

MMBLUE
11-26-2014, 08:13 AM
IBTL !!!!!!!!!!!!

ChiTownMaraud3r
11-26-2014, 08:32 AM

And I do it everyday!

Best post on mm.net in years. :beatnik:

Finally
11-26-2014, 07:30 PM
Next time you line up against the LS from a 20mph run, turn the overdrive off.

I did have the overdrive off on the hwy,power to weight is were its at,I believe the Marauder is about 400 lbs heavier,gears high stall and headers should get him behind me..

loud2004marquis
11-27-2014, 03:51 AM

^^^BIIIG plus one to that!^^^

Motorhead350
11-29-2014, 03:50 PM
I did have the overdrive off on the hwy,power to weight is were its at,I believe the Marauder is about 400 lbs heavier,gears high stall and headers should get him behind me..

Honk the horn 3 times and floor it right before your 3rd.

whitey
11-29-2014, 04:55 PM
This thread is teeming with illegal activities.
Can someone show me the best way to smuggle cocaine in my rectum? Condoms make the coke all slimy, and Ziploc baggies sometimes break.

Ibtl!:p

Motorhead350
11-29-2014, 06:32 PM
Swallowing does the trick better than anal.

ChiTownMaraud3r
11-29-2014, 08:27 PM
First to post some boobage wins. And not their own!

justbob
11-29-2014, 09:20 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/29/c367c6b5a61a5922a5a4a2e8e98ea9 75.jpg

Builder Of Badassery

Motorhead350
11-30-2014, 12:14 AM
Awww.God this place is a much better playpin with Mods at rest. Hehe

LSp8
12-01-2014, 01:50 PM
This thread is teeming with illegal activities.
Can someone show me the best way to smuggle cocaine in my rectum? Condoms make the coke all slimy, and Ziploc baggies sometimes break.

Ibtl!:p

This thread is super illegal lol

RR|Suki
12-01-2014, 01:55 PM
Moral of the story: Marauders are slow

justbob
12-01-2014, 02:00 PM

No arguments there!

Builder Of Badassery

Bradley G
12-01-2014, 06:09 PM
This thread is full of win!, except for the losers!

Finally
12-01-2014, 11:18 PM

Trudat..:burnout:;)

jerrym3
12-02-2014, 05:18 PM
Not an MM owner, so I ain't got no dog in this fight. Just some opinions.

MM slow? Considering the size, weight, etc, not slow, but not a muscle car.

LS and TBirds, especially 2003 and up, are quick, but considering what today's V6 every day driver sedans can do, the LS really isn't that quick, at least not anymore.

CoreyM75
12-02-2014, 06:08 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/29/c367c6b5a61a5922a5a4a2e8e98ea9 75.jpg

Builder Of Badassery

Nice rack.

RR|Suki
12-03-2014, 09:13 AM
Not an MM owner, so I ain't got no dog in this fight. Just some opinions.

MM slow? Considering the size, weight, etc, not slow, but not a muscle car.

LS and TBirds, especially 2003 and up, are quick, but considering what today's V6 every day driver sedans can do, the LS really isn't that quick, at least not anymore.

Consider whatever you want slow is slow. 15 seconds in the 1/4 is a slow car. It's best to make peace with that.

babbage
12-03-2014, 09:26 AM
Finally ended up at a set of lights today against my sons Lincoln LS 3.9,I lost by a car and a half lol.
Both cars,tuned ,CAI,mine is stock exh and his is muffler delete.from the lights he pulled that car and a half and just stayed there and at hwy speed he put me at his back door and kept me there,I wasn't gaining but he wasn't pulling.
Bottom line my kid kicked my ass and to everyone else,watch out for those little Lincoln V8's they are a fun and peppy car.

Stock 2002 LS = Standing 1/4-mile: 15.1 sec @ 94 mph

After you get your headers and converter installed you should easily win.