PDA

View Full Version : Ford Comes in First.

jabird56
11-30-2014, 06:48 AM
https://autos.yahoo.com/news/criminals-beware-ford-police-interceptor-still-fastest-130039703.html

SpartaPerformance
11-30-2014, 01:10 PM
Really? An article on Police Interceptors, that should be on the Crown Vic page. :lol::lol::lol:

jabird56
11-30-2014, 02:01 PM
Really? That's why I put it in the Lounge Forum.

Shornaday
11-30-2014, 05:06 PM
I think its cool, from a true blue FORD man. :banana2:

Bigdogjim
11-30-2014, 07:16 PM
Problem is most Interceptors I have seen are not ecoBoost. My Twp. has a few an none are ecoBoost?

prchrman
12-01-2014, 06:32 AM
several in my family are LEO's. none ever talk of speed always comfort and they all are trying to hang on to their old CVs. My first cousin told me that the most senior officers usually get the new cars but they have been deferring to the younger cops because they want to keep their CVs. he said however that they are slowly being weaned out. my son is also a cop and he says the same thing.

LSp8
12-01-2014, 03:06 PM
several in my family are LEO's. none ever talk of speed always comfort and they all are trying to hang on to their old CVs. My first cousin told me that the most senior officers usually get the new cars but they have been deferring to the younger cops because they want to keep their CVs. he said however that they are slowly being weaned out. my son is also a cop and he says the same thing.

That's how it is in the real world. The ultimate police car is the car you spend all day in comfortably. I work long 12 hour shifts and the Crown Vic is the most comfortable cruiser choice out now. Every officer will tell you they'll miss the vic when they're fazed out completely. 0-60 times is NOT the most important aspect of a police car. Besides I have not seen a ecoboost interceptor yet. Nobody is paying for the maintenance cost that pig will cause once you start ripping through shifts each and every day. The NA 3.7l version is the engine mostly all departments will opt for. The LS2 6.0 Caprice and 5.7 Hemi Charger would be the more preferred choice maintenance wise and is better suited for longevity. Besides FWD still sucks:puke:

88LTDCV351
12-01-2014, 03:13 PM
I thought I heard that most departments are springing for the Ford Exploder police package. At least that is what the CHP has done.

LSp8
12-01-2014, 03:17 PM
I thought I heard that most departments are springing for the Ford Exploder police package. At least that is what the CHP has done.

The best choice if you just have to use a Ford would be the NA 3.7 Exploder. It offers lots of room, won't be a mechanical nightmare in 2 years with the turbos going tits up. We just got a 2015 PI Exploder utility and it's a very nice comfortable crossover for patrol but I'd prefer my RWD platform V8 sedan anyday.