PDA

View Full Version : It's Been Awhile

jabird56
11-30-2014, 07:07 AM
We've been busy since moving to Florida at the end of April. First up, yep we still have the MM in the garage bay. It took the movers 12 hours to load the 53ft moving van at our Maryland house. Even with months of "purging" and multiple garage sales, it still took 3 of them to force the back doors of the trailer closed. It weighed out at 26,000lbs of stuff. From the time we got to Florida until the first week of July we spent unpacking boxes and finding places for things. Then from that time on, we went on a 2 1/2 month walkabout with our 5th wheel and visited PA, OH, MI, WI, MN, NE, SD, and IA on our trek. We ended up at Mount Rushmore over the Labor Day weekend with a family reunion. We even saw snow that weekend. Overall, we put over 8000 miles on the 5th wheel and our SuperDuty.

We got back to Florida in early September and only spent 10 days at the house. We then spent a week up in the Massanutten VA area having fun with the fall colors.

In October, while I sprinted up to NJ for my 40th high school reunion, the wife went out to surprise her parents for their 67th wedding anniversary, all her siblings and allot of other relatives showed up for the festive occasion also.

In November, I migrated through Nebraska (visited the in-laws) and then onto Denver to visit friends and brother/sister in-laws before migrating down to the Taos NM area for an Elk hunt. I made it back in time for Thanksgiving along with elk venison in the freezer from a nice 6x6.

Ah retired life, I've been busier now then when I was working. :-)

For 2015, we're looking at a cruise for our 10th anniversary, the 12 hours of Sebring, hopefully Carlisle, and a moose hunt in upper Ontario

fastblackmerc
11-30-2014, 07:23 AM
:up: :up: sounds like a nice retirement!

Ms. Denmark
11-30-2014, 07:48 AM
Great to hear from you, Jay. Say Hi to Denise! You better put Carlisle on that to-do list...:cool:

Bigdogjim
11-30-2014, 09:54 AM
Nice! That the way it's done:up: