PDA

View Full Version : Why The Crow Was....Silent!!

Marauderjack
12-01-2014, 07:30 AM
As many of you know I take Sunrise photos daily here that may be seen on my website: http://www.coosawjackphotography.com/

Over the last few weeks several Crows have perched high in a dead Pine about 600 feet away and they chatter like CRAZY!!:eek:

Today one landed up high and I called out to him sorta (not much at Crow calls but they do usually answer...I think?) but today....SILENCE!!:confused:

In the first photo I saw what looked like a bulge on my camera screen below the Crow but when we walked back in there was an.......EAGLE...WOW...TOO COOL!!:eek::D

No wonder the Crow was QUIET!!;)

TJCOX
12-01-2014, 08:16 AM
Thanks for sharing!

Hadamustang1
12-01-2014, 09:32 AM
Thats awesome.. The crow ..not such a big mouth with that guy around.. LOL

fastblackmerc
12-01-2014, 10:39 AM
Neat! We have a pair for hawks that frequent our yard / neighborhood. They are great at cleaning up the squirrel carnage I create!

Fastbob
12-01-2014, 11:24 AM
Years ago I saw an Eagle fly by (yes we have them in Kansas) with a firm grasp of one of our kittens. Wish I had a chance to take a photo of that.

fastblackmerc
12-01-2014, 12:29 PM
Years ago I saw an Eagle fly by (yes we have them in Kansas) with a firm grasp of one of our kittens. Wish I had a chance to take a photo of that.

Survival of the fastest.......

Bigdogjim
12-01-2014, 01:03 PM
Nice shot! Thanks for sharing.

Marauderjack
12-01-2014, 03:04 PM
My pleasure folks!!:beer:

Ya know.....I'm certainly not a "photographer" but more a "pixture taker" thanks to digital photography and I always get excited when I luck into a shot like today's Eagle photo!!:eek::D

I have been taking Sunrise photos here almost every day since the Spring of 2009 and there is always something of interest....usually it's in a photo that reveals it when it pops up on the "puter"!!:eek:

BTW......I have cataloged over 300K photos since then and have saved most to DVD storage! I'll probably never see them again but someone will be entertained for a loooong time when I'm just a memory!!;)

Loving this 75 degree weather these days too!!:beer: