PDA

View Full Version : 3 kids dead after crashing Marauder into a tree

TiTo35
12-03-2014, 03:35 PM
http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/27540620/three-dead-in-single-car-crash-on-east-side-of-detroit

Fastbob
12-03-2014, 03:42 PM
That didn't look too good.

Motorhead350
12-03-2014, 03:44 PM
Idiots.....

PuntyMario
12-03-2014, 03:47 PM
another one down... ugh

justbob
12-03-2014, 04:47 PM
They probably read a story about street racing on the Internet.

Builder Of Badassery

slickster
12-03-2014, 05:04 PM

Builder Of Badassery

lol. Jesus Christ all these people doing all these crazy things makes me feel like owning this car is straight bad luck

Bluerauder
12-03-2014, 05:41 PM
Seeing how that tree trunk(s) is close to the rear axle, I suspect that his speed was closer to 100+ MPH than the maybe 80 MPH mentioned by the witness. The impact buckled the frame and lifted the rear. R.I.P. Marauder guys. :(

CalmSeasQuest
12-03-2014, 05:51 PM
I saw it earlier on the news but didn't realize it was a Marauder. :(

Baconbit
12-03-2014, 06:12 PM
Hopefully it was nobody from on here!

jwibbity
12-03-2014, 06:35 PM

Builder Of Badassery

I see what you did there, :lol:

ChiTownMaraud3r
12-03-2014, 08:42 PM
I thought there was a member from detroit here with black windows and blacked out tail lights?

CoreyM75
12-04-2014, 01:17 AM

Builder Of Badassery

Must have been some other site, that wouldn't happen here, unless it was a with a Lincoln LS at the time.

CalmSeasQuest
12-04-2014, 02:14 AM
They had just bought the car 3 hours prior from someone in St. Clair Shores. By the looks of the impact, not much left.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/3-people-killed-when-car-hits-tree-on-detroits-east-side/30042368

loud2004marquis
12-04-2014, 02:42 AM
Sobering...

justbob
12-04-2014, 05:26 AM
The driver was the SECOND son lost to the mother in just one month... Other being a hit and run.

I could never imagine how she could on.

Builder Of Badassery

BigM460
12-04-2014, 06:56 AM
The driver was the SECOND son lost to the mother in just one month... Other being a hit and run.

I could never imagine how she could on.

Builder Of Badassery

Wow........that is so sad.

stevengerard
12-04-2014, 07:18 AM
how sad and to think this was probably a young man dreaming of a cool car, finally getting it and making a decision he would never make again if given the choice. 3 close friends and a second son lost. And on top of that think of those trying to help, witnessing what they saw.

kernie
12-04-2014, 01:04 PM
Very sad, RIP.

442freak
12-05-2014, 05:51 PM
http://www.myfoxchicago.com/story/27561091/three-dead-in-single-car-crash-on-east-side-of-detroit

RF Overlord
12-05-2014, 05:56 PM
Already posted here.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=96123

442freak
12-05-2014, 06:03 PM
Didn't see it. Sorry

Logizyme
12-05-2014, 06:13 PM
Poor Marauder.

03blackvegas
12-05-2014, 06:19 PM
Sometimes you get the Bear,....... sometimes the Bear get's you. RIP.

442freak
12-05-2014, 06:20 PM
It didn't have the Marauder bumper. Had he known how expensive and hard to get those bumpers are, maybe he wouldn't of purchased it...

Comin' in Hot
12-05-2014, 06:26 PM
it says marauder... I could see the M and R

Crown Vicman
12-05-2014, 06:28 PM
It looked to me like it rained earlier. Potholes at high speed plus wet pavement equals dangerous conditions.

442freak
12-05-2014, 06:33 PM
I must be old cause I don't see it... lol

Comin' in Hot
12-05-2014, 06:35 PM
the pic lost a lot of definition being blown up that big... plus the bottom of a CV or MGM bumper is different.

Logizyme
12-05-2014, 07:30 PM
Anyone else notice no skid marks in the grass? I wonder if it was flipping/rolling to its destination at the tree.

LSp8
12-05-2014, 07:44 PM
This is a very sad story and a reminder how seconds of fun can lead to a lifetime of pain and grief, or no lifetime at all. As safe as these cars have been over the years the laws of physics and inertia just don't give. The only thing that would've avoided this would had been just saving it for the track or at least the highwa where trees and structures are separated by guard rails. There was a horrible wreck last year in PG County (Landover) on route 202 when a group of folks parished, one survived, when a late body style (2011/2012) black Charger RT with the cool red interior package had crashed into a park cement mixer truck in a work zone after it got away from it's driver at 100 mph.

stevengerard
12-05-2014, 10:00 PM
Anyone else notice no skid marks in the grass? I wonder if it was flipping/rolling to its destination at the tree.

It looks like it may have coe from the other direction in the first image that shows more of the house you can see skid marks in the grass, looks like it was sliding towards the tree from the other direction

JohnnyCashMerc
12-05-2014, 10:13 PM
Wow! Thats a horrible scene. Poor kids. Kids these days think they are invincible. This will definitely be shown to my daughter that just got her permit yesterday and wants to drive my Marauder. This will show her why I'm telling her she can't drive it without me.

Motorhead350
12-05-2014, 11:59 PM
EDIT: All gone because someone will get upset.

Ms. Denmark
12-06-2014, 06:08 AM
It looked to me like it rained earlier. Potholes at high speed plus wet pavement equals dangerous conditions.....Plus that Cobra engine. :(

Sad for all involved, car included.

Bigdogjim
12-06-2014, 07:29 AM
The link did not work on the other post for me. I will send prayers for all. Not the attention we marauder owners need or want.

Very sad, minutes after buying the car of his dreams he and his friends die..RIP

fastblackmerc
12-06-2014, 07:39 AM
....Plus that Cobra engine. :(

Sad for all involved, car included.

Sad indeed..

Probably had that "cop chip" also.

Bluerauder
12-06-2014, 07:55 AM
It looks like it may have coe from the other direction in the first image that shows more of the house you can see skid marks in the grass, looks like it was sliding towards the tree from the other direction

Yes ^^^^^. Charlevoix Street is one-way in the opposite direction from the way the car is pointing after it came to rest. Looks like he went off the left side of the road between the house and the telephone pole. Left some marks in the grass and did a complete 180* upon impact with the tree.

jflave
12-06-2014, 08:25 AM
Wow! Thats a horrible scene. Poor kids. Kids these days think they are invincible. This will definitely be shown to my daughter that just got her permit yesterday and wants to drive my Marauder. This will show her why I'm telling her she can't drive it without me.
Agree but most of us think like that when we are young. I am getting up there and a part of me will never change I just manage it better now.

VMARAUDER
12-06-2014, 08:28 AM
Terrible waste of 3 lives. I wonder if the accelerator may have stuck

jerrym3
12-06-2014, 09:14 AM
I know it's off topic, but my wife's cousin, who lives in Southern California, told us that the number of highway accidents has gone through the roof due to wet and oily roads and people who don't know how to adjust their driving.

Even here in the northeast, once we get our first snow (nothing big yet In northern Jersey), accidents will rise until people adapt.

(Back in 1994, I was one of the stupid ones. Totaled a real nice 1985 TurboCoupe driving too fast on slick roads. Fortunately, no human damage, but, I learned my lesson.)

CoreyM75
12-06-2014, 09:45 AM
It's tragic, but preventable. The reporter was annoying to listen to.

stevengerard
12-06-2014, 11:27 AM
Yes ^^^^^. Charlevoix Street is one-way in the opposite direction from the way the car is pointing after it came to rest. Looks like he went off the left side of the road between the house and the telephone pole. Left some marks in the grass and did a complete 180* upon impact with the tree.

Big bummer - that means the car most likely missed the whole house and hit the tree, a few feet the other direction and the car would have skidded through the yard. Seems life is a matter of inches or seconds.

VMARAUDER
12-06-2014, 11:30 AM
It's tragic, but preventable. The reporter was annoying to listen to.

More than annoying

jimbok1951
12-06-2014, 11:58 AM
how sad and to think this was probably a young man dreaming of a cool car, finally getting it and making a decision he would never make again if given the choice. 3 close friends and a second son lost. And on top of that think of those trying to help, witnessing what they saw.

Yea, thinking the same thing, probably having a blast and testing the MM's limits, thinking they are invincible. Most of us have been there. Sad story.

lji372
12-06-2014, 01:00 PM
At least no innocent bystanders were injured by the recklessness.......

tbone
12-06-2014, 03:03 PM
This is why my step son was never allowed to borrow my Marauder. He would come home with stories of his reckless driving antics and then ask me to borrow my car in the very next sentence. Ummmmm..........NO.

88CuttyClassic
12-06-2014, 11:57 PM
Im a lil shook. I own a marauder and an 83 hurst olds and both were involved in fatal wrecks in the same day. Its not like they are common cars!!! 50 yr old guy was driving his hurst in Maryland and a mustang gt hit him head on.

Back in 92 my dad sold a GN for one of his customers. A younger guy wanted to test drive it and my dad said no but took him for a ride. The guy swore he had big blocks and fast cars...well he came back and bought the car. Leaving my dads shop he lost it when the turbo spooled and ran into a hillside. High performance car...low performance driver.

Marauder24
12-15-2014, 01:27 AM
Sad story. I wanted to to pass my Rauder down to my son. But I might have to think twice on that now.

Spectragod
12-15-2014, 07:09 AM
Sad story. I wanted to to pass my Rauder down to my son. But I might have to think twice on that now.

Trade it for a DTR,mthen you can hand it down with the confidence that it will only go 11mph WOT, 12.5 if it's s/c.

STEPS
12-15-2014, 01:10 PM
very very sad may our Lord Jesus look over them and their family's

STEPS
12-15-2014, 01:13 PM
lol. Jesus Christ all these people doing all these crazy things makes me feel like owning this car is straight bad luck

I'm sure your vocabulary is full of other expletives than taking our Lords name in vane
I will pray for you
God Bless

jwibbity
12-15-2014, 01:21 PM
I'm sure your vocabulary is full of other expletives than taking our Lords name in vane
I will pray for you
God Bless

nevermind....

Mac-MerC
12-15-2014, 01:44 PM
Ride In Peace

MMBLUE
12-15-2014, 01:53 PM
I will pray for you
God Bless

I second that ;)

ChiTownMaraud3r
12-15-2014, 01:58 PM
I'm pretty sure he doesn't mind his good name being spread around..especially when Islam will take over the world at this rate..

RF Overlord
12-15-2014, 02:40 PM
I will pray for you
God BlessFYI, it's "vain".

Mr.MRder
12-15-2014, 03:24 PM
I'm pretty sure he doesn't mind his good name being spread around..especially when Islam will take over the world at this rate..

"Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain"

Folks, the Lord does mind His Name being used in vain. Think about this, if your name was used all the time in *vain*, most of you would get upset about it right? So more the Lord, His name is Holy and therefore He does mind when it's not used to honor Him.

There are situations where we could use the Lord's name, such as asking Him for mercy, or when Christians pray, or asking Him to save us from our sins, etc.

Folks, feel free to read the link on my signature, it tells you how to be saved from our sins. I hope those young men were washed by the blood of the Lamb though, really sad story.

slickster
12-15-2014, 03:49 PM
Forgive me Jesus for I have sinned

STEPS
12-15-2014, 04:53 PM
FYI, it's "vain".

That's what I meant

STEPS
12-15-2014, 04:55 PM

"Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain"

Folks, the Lord does mind His Name being used in vain. Think about this, if your name was used all the time in *vain*, most of you would get upset about it right? So more the Lord, His name is Holy and therefore He does mind when it's not used to honor Him.

There are situations where we could use the Lord's name, such as asking Him for mercy, or when Christians pray, or asking Him to save us from our sins, etc.

Folks, feel free to read the link on my signature, it tells you how to be saved from our sins. I hope those young men were washed by the blood of the Lamb though, really sad story.

amen thank you and god Bless

stevengerard
12-15-2014, 05:50 PM

Back on topic - all we can do is hope to teach our kids to respect the power and danger of any car. I wouldn't be afraid to let my kids drive my car I just waited until they had some experience before they drove my car. Of course if it is your only car than that is an issue.

jwibbity
12-15-2014, 06:55 PM
holy, that car is totaled!!!

:P:P:P

justbob
12-15-2014, 07:03 PM
Is church over yet? Where's the report button? Let's keep this to the normal oil and tires threads!

Builder Of Badassery

jwibbity
12-15-2014, 07:05 PM
Is church over yet?

Builder Of Badassery

:lol: ........

MOTOWN
12-15-2014, 07:08 PM
A bunch of ignorant azz comments that aren't called for , some truly need to grow the **** up!

lji372
12-15-2014, 07:48 PM
Forgive me Jesus for I have sinned

Sin

Vein (hehe)

Islam

Jesus

This thread is full of win :P

The only thing missing is __________ :banana2:

justbob
12-15-2014, 07:50 PM
A good preacher joke?

Builder Of Badassery

BeastmodeCowboy
12-15-2014, 08:00 PM
There is no god, lord or jesus christ.
Just like there's no humpty dumpty, easter bunny or santa claus.
Get real!

Sorry...sometimes the truth hurts!

:bandit:

ChiTownMaraud3r
12-15-2014, 08:01 PM
Eat
A
Doughnut people. Don't tell me when I can or can't speak to jeebus through the online forum of my choice.

chief455
12-15-2014, 08:03 PM
Having lost 3 friends and getting paralyzed in a single car wreck at age 19, I know EXACTLY what this represents.
Youthful ignorance.
Not the car, not the seller, not religion - kids without experience or fear of consequences.
In my incident, the 18 year old driver, no previous accidents, 2 years of driving, took us for a 'fun ride'. Chrysler Cordoba. big deal. Well at 110mph and a frost heave - we flew into 3 huge trees.
As said before, lost by inches and seconds.
During my youth, and still today - it seems every year, maybe graduation time, some kids get killed by their own wrecklessness. Sad, but also part of life.
Has the same thing happened in an old Honda Civic? sure, somewhere - and it will happen again and again. We lose few to keep many free.
Only the losses get TV coverage.
Carry on....

Mr.MRder
12-15-2014, 09:22 PM
[QUOTE=BeastmodeCowboy;1424981]There is no god, lord or jesus christ.
Just like there's no humpty dumpty, easter bunny or santa claus.
Get real!

Sorry...sometimes the truth hurts!

Not trying to win an argument with you or the others who mocked the Lord or us. Your truth did not hurt me, because it is relative. The Bible is an authoritative truth on the other hand.

Also, I do know this, you are not immortal, if you were immortal I would take you more seriously. But, you and I will be one day buried and worms will eat our flesh, but I have placed my trust in the Lord Jesus Christ Who promised me eternal life after death. Where will you be?

And, "ChiTownMaraud3r" I don't have anything against you. Where Muslims and others may behead you from not believing in their god, I'm just repeating what the Bible says concerning taking the Lord's name in vain, nothing else. The Lord commands all men to repent from their wicked ways though, but I'd rather wish you were saved and instead glorify the Lord's name, I'm not going to force you to do that, that's up to God to choose you, not me.

Best regards to y'all.

Motorhead350
12-15-2014, 11:06 PM
The kids were idiots and religion is the reason we have terrorism.

Good night.

jwibbity
12-15-2014, 11:22 PM

Good night.

Give this man a gold star!!! :beer:

BeastmodeCowboy
12-16-2014, 03:48 AM
Also, I do know this, you are not immortal, if you were immortal I would take you more seriously. But, you and I will be one day buried and worms will eat our flesh, but I have placed my trust in the Lord Jesus Christ Who promised me eternal life after death. Where will you be?

In the ground just like you. Your not gonna float away to some magical place where all is good.

:bandit:

BeastmodeCowboy
12-16-2014, 03:50 AM
FORUM RULES Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index. Although the administrators and moderators of MercuryMarauder.net Forums will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of MercuryMarauder.net Forums, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws. The following topics are not allowed on this message board and will be removed if posted: Religion, politics, race/racism, abortion, highly sensitive or controversial subjects that incites arguments, street racing, promotion of illegal drugs or illegal activity, software piracy, material which is exceedingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, extremely sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violate any law, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any form of solicitation unless authorized and approved by the owners beforehand. Please Note: If anyone comes here with the sole purpose to start , cause trouble, or hi-jack & derail threads, rest assure your post (and most likely you) will be gone as fast as you came. The owners of MercuryMarauder.net Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason. VENDOR & CLASSIFIEDS What are the rules for vendors? Are they allowed on the message boards? MercuryMarauder.net defines a vendor as any company or individual that sells, markets, promotes, manufactures or distributes any products or services for the purpose of generating a profit, regardless of the product or service's cost or profit margins. Vendors who choose not to contribute financially to the site are strictly prohibited from using the MercuryMarauder Message Boards to promote or conduct their business ventures in any capacity. Promotion includes, but is not limited to, including links to company web sites, posting email addresses or contact information (including phone and company address), posting blatant advertising or marketing messages or soliciting customers through messages of group purchases, pricing specials, etc. Conducting business activity may include posting order or product status updates or responding to inquiries about products that are not directly made to them. If you are vendor and someone asks about an order status, respond offline, not on the message boards. Violations of these rules are also violations of the Terms of Service that everyone agrees to when registering to use the MercuryMarauder.net Message Boards. As always, violations may result in immediate account termination, depending on their severity and perceived intent. We are very strict in enforcing vendor rules. The bottom line is likely this - if you are here to simply take advantage of the MercuryMarauder Community to further your financial goals and you do not wish to give something back to the operator of the site, you are likely not welcome here. If you are here as a Mercury Marauder enthusiast, you are more than welcome. HOBBY VENDOR: Any Member who makes an annual donation and becomes a Supporting Member, may sell items they make or have made or provide services to the Membership on a limited basis. If you are in the business, full time or part time, of selling such items or providing such services, you must become a Supporting Vendor. See above. MM.Net Administration

MERCULES
12-16-2014, 04:09 AM
A good preacher joke?

Builder Of Badassery

So I was at the airport going thru security and I see this kid about 8 or 10 years old freaking out and throwing a tantrum.

I get a little closer and he is screaming at the security guard and says to him "Get your hands off me your not a priest" :)

lji372
12-16-2014, 04:25 AM
So I was at the airport going thru security and I see this kid about 8 or 10 years old freaking out and throwing a tantrum.

I get a little closer and he is screaming at the security guard and says to him "Get your hands off me your not a priest" :)

Where is the like button:confused:

J-MAN
12-16-2014, 04:26 AM
BeastmodeCowboy, so glad you joined, it's like having another moderator.

Peace on earth, good will towards men.

justbob
12-16-2014, 04:51 AM

Good night.

Like button.

Builder Of Badassery

Spectragod
12-16-2014, 06:38 AM
FORUM RULES Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index. Although the administrators and moderators of MercuryMarauder.net Forums will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of MercuryMarauder.net Forums, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws. The following topics are not allowed on this message board and will be removed if posted: Religion, politics, race/racism, abortion, highly sensitive or controversial subjects that incites arguments, street racing, promotion of illegal drugs or illegal activity, software piracy, material which is exceedingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, extremely sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violate any law, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any form of solicitation unless authorized and approved by the owners beforehand. Please Note: If anyone comes here with the sole purpose to start , cause trouble, or hi-jack & derail threads, rest assure your post (and most likely you) will be gone as fast as you came. The owners of MercuryMarauder.net Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason. VENDOR & CLASSIFIEDS What are the rules for vendors? Are they allowed on the message boards? MercuryMarauder.net defines a vendor as any company or individual that sells, markets, promotes, manufactures or distributes any products or services for the purpose of generating a profit, regardless of the product or service's cost or profit margins. Vendors who choose not to contribute financially to the site are strictly prohibited from using the MercuryMarauder Message Boards to promote or conduct their business ventures in any capacity. Promotion includes, but is not limited to, including links to company web sites, posting email addresses or contact information (including phone and company address), posting blatant advertising or marketing messages or soliciting customers through messages of group purchases, pricing specials, etc. Conducting business activity may include posting order or product status updates or responding to inquiries about products that are not directly made to them. If you are vendor and someone asks about an order status, respond offline, not on the message boards. Violations of these rules are also violations of the Terms of Service that everyone agrees to when registering to use the MercuryMarauder.net Message Boards. As always, violations may result in immediate account termination, depending on their severity and perceived intent. We are very strict in enforcing vendor rules. The bottom line is likely this - if you are here to simply take advantage of the MercuryMarauder Community to further your financial goals and you do not wish to give something back to the operator of the site, you are likely not welcome here. If you are here as a Mercury Marauder enthusiast, you are more than welcome. HOBBY VENDOR: Any Member who makes an annual donation and becomes a Supporting Member, may sell items they make or have made or provide services to the Membership on a limited basis. If you are in the business, full time or part time, of selling such items or providing such services, you must become a Supporting Vendor. See above. MM.Net Administration

So we are not allowed to speak of religion, even in saying a prayer for those that have passed in a crash, yet YOU can curse God and Jesus, take their name in vain and mock everyone who has some religion in their live's, yep,
Seems the norm for all the y generation, 5th generation marauder owners, what ever...

Spectragod
12-16-2014, 06:40 AM

Good night.

Not exactly true, radicals are using religion as a reason to kill. That would be the same as blaming dogs because a whacko said his dog told him to kill people.

lji372
12-16-2014, 07:15 AM
BeastmodeCowboy, so glad you joined, it's like having another moderator.

Peace on earth, good will towards men.

everything in moderation they say....................

massacre
12-16-2014, 07:58 AM
This thread took a typical Panther fan turn for the worse.
The kids are dead and it was their own fault, hopefully their lives were not lost in vain, and others will learn from their experience.

Crown Vicman
12-16-2014, 08:01 AM
I believe in Jesus. He has always been a part of my life and always will be. Its sad because there are so many people who don't and time is winding up. The bible is being fulfilled with each passing day. Look at America today, lol people are fighting to remove religion and prayer out of schools, gay marriages, removing under God from the American preamble. My ancestors did not evolve from any type of ape or monkey.

Mebot
12-16-2014, 08:23 AM

Good night.
Best most accurate post you've ever posted most

Spectragod
12-16-2014, 08:51 AM
I believe in Jesus. He has always been a part of my life and always will be. Its sad because there are so many people who don't and time is winding up. The bible is being fulfilled with each passing day. Look at America today, lol people are fighting to remove religion and prayer out of schools, gay marriages, removing under God from the American preamble. My ancestors did not evolve from any type of ape or monkey.

And yet the same people to claim that there is no God or Jesus, love money, and what does it say on the back? Seems kind of hypocritical to me.

RF Overlord
12-16-2014, 09:46 AM
This thread has run its course and is wildly off track now...