PDA

View Full Version : What ever happened to people doing the right thing ??

larryo340
12-15-2014, 07:53 PM
I went to get something from my car early this morning at work, and at first glance I said out loud WTF I didn't park like that!! Then I see the right rear and instantly I could feel my blood pressure instantly go thru the roof. Some mother-effer hit it hard enough to push the car over a solid two feet and took off. It's a good thing there wasn't a car parked on my left as the left quarter and bumper surely would have hit that car.

There are cameras on the building, but my car is out of view and after reviewing the video I can't pick out the A-hole as all you can see is the drivers side of passing cars about 50ft past my car. There were a few vans that passed by it but both with very small lettering on the drivers door that can't be made out.

Result...right rear tail light broken, trunk facia broken and scratched, and obviously damage to the rear unobtainium (bumper cover) I haven't gotten under it yet to check the bumper reinforcement for damage.

That's the fourth time in the past couple months that it's been "hit". First was a small scuff on the left rear bumper, then a light side swipe to the left rear door and bumper cover, and a ding and scratch on the right front fender.
It just seems that lately this car is a magnet for people bumping into it, and not once did someone leave a note. I like most guys on here go out of my way to park away from everyone. Hell..I had the Marquis for eight years before it got hit.

Sorry for making this such a long rant, but it was a lousy way to start a Monday :shake:

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm288/larryo340/My%20Marauder/AED64C71-B56C-4564-B200-0005DC69A408_zpswhtqicss.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm288/larryo340/My%20Marauder/E64B781B-E2D4-4612-8904-97836CF338E0_zpssekedev9.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm288/larryo340/My%20Marauder/9CFF6E70-0357-4B1B-9603-5D6A08AA4658_zps4ho4zbnc.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm288/larryo340/My%20Marauder/052D5A20-E421-43FC-8951-80D820880F97_zpsijbuhfaq.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm288/larryo340/My%20Marauder/C2F1DB01-B61D-4589-9CF3-613E73A103C2_zpsupxy2ykh.jpg

ChiTownMaraud3r
12-15-2014, 07:58 PM
What in the :censor: :censor:

I would be fuming! Hopefully you can save that bumper cover.

BTW: That doesn't seem accidental. There's no way that was someone backing up and accidentally hit it.

jwibbity
12-15-2014, 08:00 PM
good news is the bumper cover looks repairable...ish

Have you thought about moving.....

jwibbity
12-15-2014, 08:02 PM

BTW: That doesn't seem accidental. There's no way that was someone backing up and accidentally hit it.

Looks like somebody pulling in to the parking lot probably clipped him, (first spot closest to the entrance/exit)

03blackvegas
12-15-2014, 08:04 PM
I feel really bad for you, I've been there. This is why I have said for many years, if you have a nice car, and you want to keep it that way, don't drive it every day. And I hate taking my car to work, it's like you said, seems like it's a magnet for B.S.

larryo340
12-15-2014, 08:05 PM

The cover looks like it can be saved...in fact about an hour after it was hit the cover popped back into shape by itself.

It had to be a vehicle turning from the main street to the right of my car.

larryo340
12-15-2014, 08:07 PM
Looks like somebody pulling in to the parking lot probably clipped him, (first spot closest to the entrance/exit)

The parking spots where I am are not in a "lot" they are on a street parallel to the train tracks.

Jeffonebuck
12-15-2014, 08:11 PM
A lot of Sorry Asz People out there ! Would of been awesome to catch their Sorry A ![emoji12][emoji327]

Every bad situation is a blues song waiting to happen.

larryo340
12-15-2014, 08:13 PM
well maybe somebody pulling in:confused::confused:

Doubt it.. That corner some mornings is like a Grand Prix track, you'd swear they come around the corner on two wheels sometimes. There's a busy train station a couple blocks away that everyone is rushing to.

chief455
12-15-2014, 08:27 PM
Soory man. So many recent threads on hits, crashes, totals - what the heck, a higher power thinning the Marauder population??
bumper cover should be fine with a decent body shop.

Merrill
12-15-2014, 08:32 PM
If you need a tail light I have one I will send you.

sailsmen
12-15-2014, 08:59 PM
I don't know if this would make a difference but my Viper alerts me on the 2nd floor with the MM parked in the back of the lot.

Motorhead350
12-15-2014, 11:16 PM
Sorry man, but it can totally be fixed and look even better with fresh paint on the bumper cover.

massacre
12-16-2014, 04:19 AM
It's not just MM, at work 2 accidents to the trucks, both drivers took off but were later caught. Also in same town woman was hit and killed, driver took off but was later caught.
It's a disturbing trend, on the news this morning a pickup truck hit a little kid getting on a school bus and took off and later caught.

CHSurvivor
12-16-2014, 04:27 AM
Im sorry to hear...in ONtario Canada we have no fault insurance....our own insurance would pony up for the repairs minus deductible. This is a no win situation....
Man , am I glad I have a garage.
thankfully you were not hurt

71cyclone
12-16-2014, 04:59 AM
I don't know if this would make a difference but my Viper alerts me on the 2nd floor with the MM parked in the back of the lot.

Ditto on the VIPER ' Goood Investment':beer:

Guittard22
12-16-2014, 05:31 AM
See in the complex that you live in if there is a video surveillance get a license plate and lay down the law !

larryo340
12-16-2014, 05:59 AM
See in the complex that you live in if there is a video surveillance get a license plate and lay down the law !
It happened at work, and the car is out of view of our cameras :(

larryo340
12-16-2014, 06:01 AM
If you need a tail light I have one I will send you.

PM sent.....

Bigdogjim
12-16-2014, 07:23 AM
It happened at work, and the car is out of view of our cameras :(

Maybe work could show you where the cameras cover?

Maybe you could park in a more remote area?

Bottom line is whoever hit your car had to know it...DUH!:bs:

IF they moved a car that heavy then there is major damage to their vehicle!

Good luck with the repairs.

Don't let it get you down :)

TJCOX
12-16-2014, 07:42 AM
It's possible that someone at your place of employment has a grudge against you?
Maybe they don't like your car or think you are the police?

loud2004marquis
12-16-2014, 07:47 AM
Big +1 on it not being an accident....hope it all gets sorted out.

WhatsUpDOHC
12-16-2014, 03:01 PM
Doubt it.. That corner some mornings is like a Grand Prix track, you'd swear they come around the corner on two wheels sometimes. There's a busy train station a couple blocks away that everyone is rushing to.

I see drivers take turns mindlessly/wide all of the time.

Maybe the perp will drive by that spot again on her/his way to work.

boatmangc
12-16-2014, 05:30 PM
That sux, some people...
I got scuffed on my rear bumper at Fun Ford Weekend, parked in the show, next to Zoltan, Cobra25

larryo340
12-16-2014, 07:37 PM
Maybe work could show you where the cameras cover?

Maybe you could park in a more remote area?

Bottom line is whoever hit your car had to know it...DUH!:bs:

IF they moved a car that heavy then there is major damage to their vehicle!

Good luck with the repairs.

Don't let it get you down :)
I have access to the cameras, and of all the vehicles turning that corner it could be one of two full size cargo vans. What's unfortunate is that neither of them have large lettering only very small lettering on the drivers door, and there's no reading the plates. Now if only we had cameras like they do on the TV show CSI then I'd be able to see what radio station they have on....lol

No remote areas to park at, way too citified where I work.

It's possible that someone at your place of employment has a grudge against you?
Maybe they don't like your car or think you are the police?
I doubt that, most of the guys are into my car.

Big +1 on it not being an accident....hope it all gets sorted out.
If you would see the way most drivers "drive" around here you wouldn't read more into it than simply someone couldn't control their vehicle.

Boy do I miss having the Marquis to use as my daily driver. I think what will do is replace the tail lamp to keep it legal, and repair the bumper cover after the winter.

Mr. Man
12-16-2014, 08:09 PM
How does someone move a 4200lb car and only dent the bumper cover and brake a taillight? I would have expected much more damage for that amount of movement.

TAKEDOWN
12-16-2014, 08:17 PM
Horrible... wth???

Shaijack
12-16-2014, 09:29 PM
They hit my black in WallyMart. fender, lights, grill and hood

sflrainmaker01
12-17-2014, 07:33 AM
But, sorry to hear about that, again! :depress: I can't see the pictures at work. At least it sounds like the rear cover can be saved! :)

Blaine B.
12-17-2014, 12:44 PM
On a lighter note, I like those Mountaineer caps that you are using with the flat 16" wheels.

Also, there are really a lot of idiot people in this world, and driving an expensive car and/or really nice car that you take care of is just waiting for destruction.

So many people complain about getting damage here or there. They should have assumed that it would happen sooner or later.

Don't get me wrong, I like a nice car. But regardless, it WILL get damaged, sooner or later, usually by someone other than yourself.

Damage is a lot easier to swallow when it's on an older car that didn't cost an arm and a leg.

Like my corner light and door trim getting broken as well as two dents in the driver door that cracked the paint last winter when a snow plow hit an ice pile and flung football chunks of ice all over my car. The city said that they weren't responsible, and that it was my responsibility since I chose to park in my own driveway. LOL. I saved their letter from their attorney - next time I cause some damage, I'll be sure to use it as a counter argument about the city taking responsibility for leaving something where it was.

Peachpicker
12-17-2014, 05:42 PM
Man that hurts to see those pictures and I know how you feel. Just this past summer I had my '01 Sport at a show and some douche leaned his fat arse against the driver's door of my car so hard that the car shook. I happened to be sitting behind my car and immediately jumped up and went for him. He was busy talking to someone so I politely asked him with my blood pressure pegged and half my lip bitten off if he would please not lean against my car. He said sarcastically " I didn't realize this was a show car". Ended up scratching the chrome trim around my driver's side door handle, scuffing the clear coat, and leaving a scratch that is into the paint which was probably from a rivet in his jeans. I could have cried.

8UWITH6
12-17-2014, 07:40 PM
Sorry to see this. Looks like you and I have some bad luck in the past couple of weeks. I am dreading the repairs on my car, I hope yours go well. Its very frustrating that we cant have anything "nice" because of others............