PDA

View Full Version : New Lotus Elise

darebren
04-24-2004, 01:28 PM
I don't know what it is about the new Lotus Elise, it will coming to USA soon, and I think it is the best looking bottle rocket of a car there is. fully loaded it's $10,000 less than the porsche boxster, and it does 0-60 in 4.8 secs... and the 1/4 in 13 secs. the car is small, but the curves and cut outs it has are just amazing. so, I put myself on a waiting list to buy it at a local import car dealer in Cinci. I don't think I'll buy it, but this way, I can at least go there and have a real good test drive when they arrive... should sticker for about $45,000 loaded up, and who knows... I do have a three car garage. I love my MM, but getting the elise has me pretty tempted.

woaface
04-24-2004, 01:29 PM
I have some experience with it, it is a BLAST to drive...:banana2:

darebren
04-24-2004, 01:31 PM
is it bigger than a miata on the inside? I'm freakin 6'4" and the miata is really pushing the limits for me when i drove one awhile back

woaface
04-24-2004, 01:33 PM
I don't know...it was a video game:lol:

But from what I've seen you wouldn't fit in that...and to break it too ya but you wouldn't fit in a 360 Modena either. My dad is 6'3 and couldn't squeeze in.

Reminds me...my sister worked at Car Max and there was this HUGE dude there, around 7 feet give or take a few and weight a butt load (haha no pun intended)

While everyone was taking a break he was driving around the lot in a convertible Miata, his head sticking OVER the windshield and barely being able to shift out of first gear. Car was sagging and squeeling tires all over.

Yeah normally he drives an Expedition.

Marauderman
04-24-2004, 02:41 PM
Well, I gotta admit--looking at the pic it reminds me of Jack Nickleson(sp) smiling as the "Joker" from that Batman movie awhile back---something that would tend to pixx me off seeing that it my rear mirrow....oh well, my initial thoughs on the "look" anyway........Tom

Hack Goby
04-24-2004, 02:52 PM
Well, I gotta admit--looking at the pic it reminds me of Jack Nickleson(sp) smiling as the "Joker" from that Batman movie awhile back---something that would tend to pixx me off seeing that it my rear mirrow....oh well, my initial thoughs on the "look" anyway........Tom"Waytill they get aload of me" :P

martyo
04-24-2004, 03:56 PM
darebren: I had breakfast the other day with a guy who is number 10 on the list. I am 6'3" and he said the car would be a real tight squeeze for me, so, at 6'4".......

If you are interested you better get on the list quick (if you still can). Lotus got an exemption on the Americanization of the car for the first year and then they must be Americanized which usually means that prices will go up.

These cars are sweet. Lotuses (Loti???) are terribly underated IMNSHO.

woaface
04-24-2004, 04:30 PM
These cars are sweet. Lotuses (Loti???) are terribly underated IMNSHO.
True, and is that InMyNo*****HonestOpinion?

TAF
04-24-2004, 05:12 PM
True, and is that InMyNo*****HonestOpinion?Naw... for Marty it means...
Intermittent

Mindless

Nonsense

Secretes

Humbly

On me

Marauderman
04-24-2004, 05:18 PM
Oh - I can't wait for re-union time--this is gonna be great--what--it's been since last Nov.since these two tangled...in so many ways...oh it was great then---gosh---4 weeks to go--oh so long....well I got my nites reserved next door to the CB .......light'um up boys.....Tom....

bigslim
04-24-2004, 05:25 PM
It has a face only it's mother could love. I think it looks like a kit-car. I am not impressed.

TAF
04-24-2004, 05:47 PM
It has a face only it's mother could love. I think it looks like a kit-car. I am not impressed.
Yep...it's got "Bradley GT" written all over it....

Bradley G
04-24-2004, 06:18 PM
Did someone say Bradley? :lol: for all you BIG guy's don't try to cram into a small car, It reminds me of a vain women trying on shoes.:down:

TAF
04-24-2004, 06:20 PM
Did someone say Bradley? :lol: for all you BIG guy's don't try to cram into a small car, It reminds me of a vain women trying on shoes.:down:
There was NOTHING personal meant Bradley...

I just remember those things from the '70s...with those powerful VW chasis and engines under them...:depress:

BillyGman
04-24-2004, 06:31 PM
Sorry, it doesn't impress me either. Like what's w/those headlights Dude? They look like cat's eyes. And I think it's for good reason that car is named after a girl ("Elise").......cuz it looks like a girl's car IMO.

No offence though. To each their own I guess. I much rather have your Marauder.

Bradley G
04-24-2004, 06:34 PM
I hear ya !! all show no go :banned:

BillyGman
04-24-2004, 06:37 PM
I hear ya !! all show no go :banned:

I don't even think it's "show".........sorry Darebren. :D

Bradley G
04-24-2004, 07:10 PM
Sorry I meant the Bradley GT,s on VW chassis were'nt much go . This car :P sounds like it's pretty quick!!

martyo
04-24-2004, 08:13 PM
Naw...for Marty it means...
Intermittent

Mindless

Nonsense

Secretes

Humbly

On me

Let me be the first to say: YAWN!!

martyo
04-24-2004, 08:15 PM
IMNSHO.

In
My
Not
So
Humble
Opinion

woaface
04-24-2004, 08:54 PM
In
My
Not
So
Humble
Opinion:lol: Damn...I like my answer better. I can't wait to be able to use it!

martyo
04-29-2004, 05:06 AM
Take a look at this:

http://autos.msn.com/advice/article.aspx?contentid=4022486&src=News