PDA

View Full Version : Who's MM was at the Raleigh RBC Friday night for the Prince concert?

Butch
04-24-2004, 05:52 PM
Girlfriend and I went to the Prince concert Friday night and saw an MM in the VIP parking area.

Yeah, yeah.....I was at the Prince concert......VERY GOOD CONCERT! He puts on one hell of a show!

Just wondering if it was anyone that is on here.

TAF
04-24-2004, 06:08 PM
Here's a guess...which is actually a pretty good one...

I say it was halucin8 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/member.php?u=1588) .

Marauderman
04-24-2004, 06:16 PM
Prince? I thought he was out of show business--he must be needing money ---- he must be playing his old stuff cause he doesn't have any new stuff--does he????...Now if that girl shows up on that cycle in his show and all--well, yeah =-it's gotta be good!........Tom...and..no I don't know who's MM that was---you know mine!.......Tom

Butch
04-24-2004, 06:46 PM
Tom -
Prince has a new album out. You actually get a copy of it as part of your ticket price. They give it to you when you walk in. It's not as good as his old stuff, but it's not bad. The concert was basically to play his old stuff "one last time", but Prince even admits that it probably won't really be for the last time.

Prince is now on a religious kick, so he doesn't play some of his old stuff, but it was still a great concert. He played an acoustical version of "Little Red Corvette" that was just totally awsome!

Anyway, I don't feel that it was "for money", because he has actually put out a couple of albums in the past 5 years, but he made the suck on purpose to finish out his contract. He's under a new contract now, and is ready to put on some real shows again. Great interviews with him in a couple of magazines this past month. He seems to be a much happier person than he was a few years ago. And on stage, he actually seemed to be enjoying himself, which made for a MUCH nicer show. I hate concerts where the performer just seems to want to get the show over with as quickly as possible. Prince seemed to like coming back out on stage.

No motorcycles on stage, but the bass player, and the sax player was pretty hot! They are part of his NPG group (New Power Generation).

One thing that was nice to hear was that Prince and the NPG were going to a club in town after the concert. They had not done that in a LONG time. Nice to see that they will interact with the general public! They used to do that a long time ago, but since they quit touring for a while, it was just nice to see that they still show the fans that they want to have fun also, and ask the fans to come join them.

Back to the MM.....
I didn't get to get real close to it, but I did see that it had the spoiler on it. I didn't see it until I got in line outside the building, and didn't want to get out of line. When I came back out, it was already gone.