PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Built a Full Spec 300A?

PuntyMario
01-07-2015, 06:05 PM
what I mean is has anyone or do you know anyone who has ever taken a 300a and then added all the remaining bells and whistles that 300bs got such as heated seats and sunroofs. turns into a fully optioned grand marquis/marauder.

ive wanted to do this for sometime now which is why im asking.

My plan is as follows:

since mines a Canadian 300A it has TC standard so no need for installing it
already got the 6 disc.
need a full size spare. (should have already had one but i assume it was lost/damaged by previous owner)
trunk organizer (shouldnt be too hard)
sunroof (no idea how ill pull that off. might skip this one. its a first world problem and im skeptical about modifying the roof. i also want to keep the exterior of the car as unmodified as possible because this keeps the original look)
heated seats (this one will need two panels with heated seat switches already in place. is it possible to add the heating systems to un equipped seats?)
as for the spoiler, again this is an aesthetic issue for me as it affects the exterior. I want to make a potent complete machine. she will be sleeper even among marauders)
and for extra extra extra options shes got the block heater too lol

thats it for main points. i could go on about my other interior plans but thats another story.

RubberCtyRauder
01-07-2015, 06:21 PM
Trunk organizers are about as rare as bumper covers it seems. Full size spare easy enough, just buy a rim. Spoilers can be bought and I believe we're dealer installed option not put on at factory

lji372
01-07-2015, 06:21 PM
Spend your money on s/c'ing it

Mebot
01-07-2015, 06:23 PM
I don't think sunroofs were necessarily an "A" or "B" feature. I think they were a dealer option as well as the spoiler

Mebot
01-07-2015, 06:24 PM
Plus just get a regular sized tire and throw it in the back. No special modification there

RubberCtyRauder
01-07-2015, 06:25 PM
I thought sunroof cars were pulled off line and sent to ASC for install ?

PuntyMario
01-07-2015, 06:38 PM
Spend your money on s/c'ing it

oh nonono you see i do have that in mind but thats another thingn lol

Plus just get a regular sized tire and throw it in the back. No special modification there

yeah but to me, and i know this will sound lame to some, having that proper size ready to swap out spare sounds awesome. its like oh damn i blew my tire... OH but wait! no problem i got one in the back boom no one will ever know.

RubberCtyRauder
01-07-2015, 06:44 PM
oh nonono you see i do have that in mind but thats another thingn lol

yeah but to me, and i know this will sound lame to some, having that proper size ready to swap out spare sounds awesome. its like oh damn i blew my tire... OH but wait! no problem i got one in the back boom no one will ever know.

Buy a Marauder rim and a 235/50/18 tire..the true full size spares that came with early 300a were NOT polished so it doesn't truly match.so buy a used marauder wheel fro $150-250 and a matching front tire..what is so hard about that?

PuntyMario
01-07-2015, 07:13 PM
Buy a Marauder rim and a 235/50/18 tire..the true full size spares that came with early 300a were NOT polished so it doesn't truly match.so buy a used marauder wheel fro $150-250 and a matching front tire..what is so hard about that?

well yeah thats what id figure id do. you cant honestly think id go find an actual, from the trunk, full size spare did you? lol

RubberCtyRauder
01-07-2015, 07:15 PM
You kinda made it sound that way..wanting to be all sleeper like, which means factory parts and factory looks.

PuntyMario
01-07-2015, 07:40 PM
You kinda made it sound that way..wanting to be all sleeper like, which means factory parts and factory looks.

spare isnt a problem. i wouldnt consider it a part of the exterior as it wouldnt be seen unless i had the trunk open.

Zack
01-07-2015, 07:51 PM
It would be easier to convert the B to the A.
And yes it's been done.
And sunroofs were a factory option. The build plant had the sunroof plant on the same grounds. Was it called Crown?

PuntyMario
01-07-2015, 07:58 PM
And yes it's been done.
And sunroofs were a factory option. The build plant had the sunroof plant on the same grounds. Was it called Crown?

yes youre definitely right. itd save me the trouble of adding the sunroof and heated seats. i am working with what i got but then it could be argued that id be saving alot of time and risk just buying a cheap 300b and putting all the effort into that.

maybe im attached to the 300A moniker. in 20-30 years itll be more meaningful perhaps.

fastblackmerc
01-08-2015, 05:54 AM
I have an '04.

Ordered it with the CD changer - since removed
Heated seats
Moon roof

BTW... moon roofs were only a factory option in 2004. The vehicle was an incomplete vehicle as noted in the VIN. I believe it was then sent to American Sunroof Corporation / American Specialty Cars for the moon roof install. Moonroof is a sliding glass panel, sunroof is a sliding metal panel.

I added:
Factory spoiler
Trunk organizer
Full size spare (mini spare will not fit front wheels with TCE brake upgrade)
Remote fuel door release
Automatic parking brake release

Working on adding the front seat map pockets, might add the pockets to the rear seats when I install the rear seat heaters.

PuntyMario
01-08-2015, 01:21 PM
Working on adding the front seat map pockets, might add the pockets to the rear seats when I install the rear seat heaters.

oh yes rear heated as well thats a good idea. you keeping the original rear seats and adding the heating system to it? and where are you gonna add the switches. on the rear door panel? or perhaps behind the drivers storage/armrest?

this reminds me that i was pondering how to add rear head rests. ive had friends point out how it can be uncomfortable with no head support in the back.

fastblackmerc
01-08-2015, 01:27 PM
oh yes rear heated as well thats a good idea. you keeping the original rear seats and adding the heating system to it? this reminded me that i was pondering how to add rear head rests. ive had friends point out how it can be uncomfortable with no head support in the back.

Yes keeping rear seats.

Just need headrests from front to install in back.... they will block your view so I'm not doing that.

PuntyMario
01-08-2015, 01:42 PM
Yes keeping rear seats.

Just need headrests from front to install in back.... they will block your view so I'm not doing that.

yeah thats an issue ive seen. if only the rear headrests could fold down...

Spectragod
01-08-2015, 07:32 PM
And yes it's been done.

Crown North America, ASC never touched these cars, I saw it for myself when I was at the plant in St. Thomas.

chief455
01-11-2015, 05:39 AM
I like the op's idea.
I'd like map pockets and fuel door release on my '04.
Probably look into an upholsterer adding pockets to my heated seats.
I'm learning to live without the moonroof.
Gives me an excuse to own another Marauder - that has one ;)

lji372
01-11-2015, 06:22 AM
I have a brother who works at a place that quite possibly stamped the cut out for the sunroof.
It's called "inalfa roof systems" used to be masco tech then metaldyne now inalfa.

I was surprised at all the different roofs (various mfg's) they stamp the cut out in.

Originally it thought it was zack and a plasma cutter :D

PuntyMario
01-11-2015, 09:32 PM
I like the op's idea.
I'd like map pockets and fuel door release on my '04.
Probably look into an upholsterer adding pockets to my heated seats.
I'm learning to live without the moonroof.
Gives me an excuse to own another Marauder - that has one ;)

LOL this guy knows whats up. marauder stockpiling! once i got into the motion of actually utilizing the front map pockets i became dependent on them lol