PDA

View Full Version : My Marauder needs a miracle

Pat
01-12-2015, 08:37 AM
I went to Seminole Texas via Midland to see my grandson's Basketball, tournament. A three day round trip of about 1170 miles. :burn:

On the first day, after stoping at a quick stop for coffee and a nature call, we came out of the store to find the PS tire completely flat. :sweat:
The bead must have somehow separated. I didn't drive over any bumps or hit any objects.

My son put the donut on and we proceeded to the next big town to get the flat fixed. It turned out there was nothing wrong with the tire, so a new valve stem and $10.00 we were back on the road. :banana:

A little later the engine developed a bad misfire and the CEL illuminated. The scan gage displayed P0358 and P0308, # 8 COP. I cleared the codes and the car ran fine but the codes were stored as pending. :(

The CEL illuminated once more durning the trip and once on the way home, but cleared OK. I have a new COP at home I'll change out. :)

The door key pad then went south on day two, lucky we had the keys in hand. Also on day two the DS rear door was intermittent in unlocking. :cheesed:

On day three the PS front window failed to raise completely and it was raining. We stopped and jiggled the window and it raised fully. :banghead:

Now this is in addition to a bad blend door motor and inop rear defroster before we left on the trip. :violin:

I think Silverback is going to need some serious cash thrown at him before we go anywhere else. :bigcry:

The good news is that Mo's tune worked perfectly and we got good gas milage plus cheap gas prices. :2thumbs:

Bigdogjim
01-12-2015, 08:50 AM
I think a more than a few marauders have had these issues I for one have the window issues.

Jeronimojc
01-12-2015, 09:17 AM
Rough few days for your MM. Hope you can get everything fixed nicely soon and get back to enjoying your SB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fastblackmerc
01-12-2015, 09:54 AM
Almost all the problems are fixable... some easier than others.

Professor
01-12-2015, 10:45 AM
I feel your pain. Mine only has 95K on it, but it seems like everything is breaking down at once (despite a history of excellent maintenance). For now, I'll keep fixing it because I'm always happy to have it back when it is fixed. But it's getting to be like having a car payment.

RF Overlord
01-12-2015, 12:14 PM
Pat, you're feeling the pain of owning a 12 year-old car. Take heart, they're all relatively small issues that can be fixed for short money.

Anthony84
01-12-2015, 06:00 PM
What RF Overlord said; in the last 7 days my now 12 year old Marauder with only 56k miles has had the drivers door lock only when it wants to unless I press down manually, wiper motor give up on life (Good thing I Rain-X the crap out of every window on every car I've ever owned), and now my headlights decided they want to be on anytime my ignition is on (Dont care if its "safer" lol; I want control of my lights)

My wife says it knew I had a moment of weakness and almost sold it last weekend...

Regardless, I've driven and owned plenty of old cars - even made before I was born. Its all the fun of a unique older car. But I feel your pain - paycheck to paycheck living and three things breaking in one week suck.

1stMerc
01-12-2015, 06:51 PM
I feel your pain. Mine only has 95K on it, but it seems like everything is breaking down at once (despite a history of excellent maintenance). For now, I'll keep fixing it because I'm always happy to have it back when it is fixed. But it's getting to be like having a car payment.

Back in the day, that was around the mileage mark you dreaded. All the little things started going south and the nickles and dimes started leaking out your pockets at a steady rate.

mrjones
01-12-2015, 07:14 PM
Pat, did you decide what happened to your rear defrost? Mine has gone out too, and it's just the rear window. The side mirrors are still heating. I think the rear glass has a separate relay, but I haven't checked it out yet.

BTW, I think it's time for some chicken fried steak again.

Pat
01-13-2015, 06:02 AM
Here I come, in the spring time, for another plate of that world famous, over the edge CFS @ Goodson's Cafe.

BTW it's Tomball, Texas not Tom Bull.

Bradley G
01-13-2015, 10:34 AM
If you decide to have your Marauder
Baptized , let us know !
Prayers for the break downs to get resolved!

TP Derrick D
01-13-2015, 06:17 PM
I think a more than a few marauders have had these issues I for one have the window issues.

I had front passenger side problems about 2 months ago where the window would make that clunking sound as if off track and would not raise on its on, had to assist by pulling it up by hand. I had the motor replaced, clunking sound went away and passenger can let window down but it will not go up from passenger side but will go up if driver operates it. My shop owner now thinks it is the passenger window control switch anyone else have this problem?

Pat
01-16-2015, 12:21 PM
Getting the little miracles one by one.

Replaced #8 COP- fixed the studder and CEL.
Replaced the door keypad, fixed door #1.
Oiled locking mechanism on DS rear, fixed door #2.
Oiled window tracks on PS door, cut out the center piece on the interior door plastic sheeting which was setting up a gosh aweful vibration (like a blown speaker), fixed door #3.

Next will be the blend door replacement when the weather permits.

4drcbra
01-16-2015, 12:33 PM
We can all relate. Though I no longer own my Marauder, and miss the crap out of it, My G8 had a lifter fail and drop into the motor and ate my cam.

RF Overlord
01-16-2015, 12:44 PM
See, Pat? I told you... :D

fastblackmerc
01-16-2015, 12:47 PM
Getting the little miracles one by one.

Replaced #8 COP- fixed the studder and CEL.
Replaced the door keypad, fixed door #1.
Oiled locking mechanism on DS rear, fixed door #2.
Oiled window tracks on PS door, cut out the center piece on the interior door plastic sheeting which was setting up a gosh aweful vibration (like a blown speaker), fixed door #3.

Next will be the blend door replacement when the weather permits.

Good job! I bet it didn't cost much either.......