PDA

View Full Version : Rented a PT Cruiser

Donny Carlson
04-24-2004, 09:52 PM
While I was in Marietta. Only $29 a day unlimited mileage. The rental agent had an accent I couldn't quite figure out (she wasn't from these here parts), but when I suggested that my arse was about a 4X and the car was a M, she closed the deal by throwing in a free tube of astro lube and suggested I open the door, back up ten steps and get a running start...

Well, not really.

But still, pretty cool that such a small car can accomodate such a fat dude.

Bigslim has one, so I gotta be diplomatic. I liked the car for the most part, with three exceptions. 1) the window controls are in the center of the dash, which is not intuitive. Sorta like havin an itch in your pants, but the only way you can scratch it is to rub your ear. 2) the cup holders are on the floor. Not a cool place for klutzy people, such as yours truly. 3) the clock only displays when the radio is off. Maybe there was a button or something to change this, but hell if I could figure it out.

Mileage was great. Getting my massive bulk up to speed was not so great.
The Marauder has spoiled me.

Eh, I reserved one for next time, but if they have the Pacifica available, whoa!

woaface
04-24-2004, 10:01 PM
1) the window controls are in the center or the dash, which is not intuitive. Sorta like havin an itch in your pants, but the only way you can scratch it is to rub your ear.
I'm not even going to ask...I AM going to use that next time it's appropriate around my buds...that's just funny!

woaface
04-24-2004, 10:02 PM
O...sorry.

Yeah, glad you liked the PT a lil and love your Marauder more now:beer:

BillyGman
04-24-2004, 11:53 PM
I was very surprised to see that there are Whipple/Kenne Belle twin screw Supercharger kits available for the PT cruiser, while there isn't even one available for the Marauder!!!! The twin screw S/Cer is supposed to be better than the Roots type and centrifugal as well.

bigslim
04-25-2004, 12:21 AM
I love my little PT for getting around, especially now with the price of gas. I have added some things since this picture was taken. There is a button on the radio that says time. Push it and the time is displayed. I am not a light weight my self but I do feel comfortable in my PT. I "love" my PT, I am "IN LOVE" with my MM.

bigslim
04-25-2004, 12:25 AM
I was very surprised to see that there are Whipple/Kenne Belle twin screw Supercharger kits available for the PT cruiser, while there isn't even one available for the Marauder!!!! The twin screw S/Cer is supposed to be better than the Roots type and centrifugal as well.
I visit the PT site from time to time and there are a few guys running pretty good time with their PT's. One guy is running in the lower 14's with a PT Turbo. Belive it or not, there is a guy putting a Viper engine in one with rear wheel drive.

BillyGman
04-25-2004, 12:31 AM
I think that if you got a S/Ced V8 in that thing, put some good lookin side pipes on it, along w/rear wheel drive and some 12" wide drag radials on the back, it would be one serious ride.

Marauderman
04-25-2004, 10:57 AM
I think that if you got a S/Ced V8 in that thing, put some good lookin side pipes on it, along w/rear wheel drive and some 12" wide drag radials on the back, it would be one serious ride.
Yeah--maybe for use in a James Bond Movie :rock:

woaface
04-25-2004, 11:03 AM
Belive it or not, there is a guy putting a Viper engine in one with rear wheel drive.
Yeah, well...holy *****!

cyclone03
04-25-2004, 11:15 AM
Belive it or not, there is a guy putting a Viper engine in one with rear wheel drive.

Talk about an engine stand with wheels....

That will be a fun ride.
Anybody remember the Monster Miata's?

gpfarrell
04-25-2004, 05:37 PM
I liked the car for the most part, with three exceptions. 1) the window controls are in the center of the dash, which is not intuitive. Sorta like havin an itch in your pants, but the only way you can scratch it is to rub your ear. 2) the cup holders are on the floor. Not a cool place for klutzy people, such as yours truly. 3) the clock only displays when the radio is off. Maybe there was a button or something to change this, but hell if I could figure it out.

I rented one about a year ago in Atlanta... aside from being hard to see out of it was pretty cool. No rocket, but even with the rental-engine it was fairly responsive.

Bigdogjim
04-25-2004, 07:27 PM
but when I suggested that my arse was about a 4X and the car was a M, she closed the deal by throwing in a free tube of astro lube and suggested I open the door, back up ten steps and get a running start...

Well I guess this leaves me and Mercman out:lol: