PDA

View Full Version : 6 inches more..

345HP87SSAC
01-24-2015, 07:16 AM
Am I crazy or would this make an awesome Rauder Clone. I do not mean to actually badge it up with any Mercury badges but this blacked out with a nice interior. I'm short but find even for a big car the Panthers rear leg room is lacking. My brother still has a long wheel base Lincoln and it is amazing what the extra 6 inches does for comfort.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/z/JMwAAOxyOlhSziuJ/$_4.JPG

RF Overlord
01-24-2015, 07:45 AM
Slightly off-topic...our guide at the STAP meet in 2009 explained how they made the P70s...the body shell actually starts as a normal car, then is routed off the assembly line to a special station where a crew cuts the car in half and a 6" piece is spliced into the roof and floorpan. My understanding is that the frames are actually made 6" longer from the start.

I do agree that for a luxo-barge, the car doesn't have as much rear legroom as it should.

tbone
01-24-2015, 08:24 AM
I do agree that for a luxo-barge, the car doesn't have as much rear legroom as it should.

Big trunk = short leg room.

fastblackmerc
01-24-2015, 08:39 AM
Slightly off-topic...our guide at the STAP meet in 2009 explained how they made the P70s...the body shell actually starts as a normal car, then is routed off the assembly line to a special station where a crew cuts the car in half and a 6" piece is spliced into the roof and floorpan. My understanding is that the frames are actually made 6" longer from the start.

Big trunk = short leg room.

I don't sit in the back so it doesn't bother me... :D

Never had any complaints from rear seat passengers. Even on a 12+ hour trip.

88LTDCV351
01-24-2015, 10:10 AM
When I have passengers in the back, I move the front seats up. Then the rear leg room is fine but then as the driver, I get unfortable and cramped.