PDA

View Full Version : Nissan Maxima. What the actual hell

cunaginc
02-12-2015, 11:22 PM
So my buddy has a 2002 Nissan Maxima and he just put LED lights in it inside and out. It said that you don't need to add resistors that they were already built into the bulb. Like a plug and play thing. Well I was driving his car last night and with the lights turned to the off position, i would press the brakes and this is no joke, the park lights would come on. Outside and the gauge cluster lights and center stack lights and everything like the switch was in the parking lamp position. So tomorrow we are going to put the regular bulbs back in it and see what happens but I've looked around and couldn't find where this had happe to anyone else. Wasn't sure if anyone here had any insight.
:help: :help: :help:

MGDriver
02-13-2015, 02:47 AM
Can't comment on the particular case but it always pays out to add extra resistors when swapping LED lights in simply because they burn significantly less power, especially those "older" cars will get confused with them. I swapped LED tail lights into my 2003 Audi A6, drove it the next day and as I braked the engine warning light would come on. The lights use less power and that will confuse the computer, had to solder in resistors that would match the resistance of the regular bulbs and it was fine. Swapping in LED lighting as an "energy saving" method as I've seen a lot of people do here doesn't work in a car.

fastblackmerc
02-13-2015, 05:38 AM
So my buddy has a 2002 Nissan Maxima and he just put LED lights in it inside and out. It said that you don't need to add resistors that they were already built into the bulb. Like a plug and play thing. Well I was driving his car last night and with the lights turned to the off position, i would press the brakes and this is no joke, the park lights would come on. Outside and the gauge cluster lights and center stack lights and everything like the switch was in the parking lamp position. So tomorrow we are going to put the regular bulbs back in it and see what happens but I've looked around and couldn't find where this had happe to anyone else. Wasn't sure if anyone here had any insight.
:help: :help: :help:

Sounds like some really crappy LEDs. I've never heard of resistors built into the bulbs.

Then again, it's a Nissan.....................

ctrlraven
02-13-2015, 06:34 AM
Sounds like some really crappy LEDs. I've never heard of resistors built into the bulbs.

Then again, it's a Nissan.....................

Yeah no resistors built in, only canbus ready or standard led bulbs.