PDA

View Full Version : questions on mustang shelby gt

svtrichie
02-20-2015, 04:17 PM
Thinking on buying a 07 shelby gt, not gt500. 37k miles auto. Are these cars worth 18k

Crown Vicman
02-20-2015, 04:46 PM
Being that it is a shelby its possible.

RichardP
02-20-2015, 04:54 PM
Definitely a fair price. As crown vicman stated above; your buying the name.

svtrichie
02-20-2015, 04:58 PM
I would be buying the car for around 14500. Figure I would keep it a year then probably sell it

RichardP
02-20-2015, 04:59 PM
Would you ever be interested in a terminator? I feel like you would get more for your money.

RichardP
02-20-2015, 04:59 PM
I would be buying the car for around 14500. Figure I would keep it a year then probably sell it Thats not bad at all.

chief455
02-20-2015, 05:02 PM
I would be buying the car for around 14500. Figure I would keep it a year then probably sell it
can't touch one up north for that price
not as much demand as manual trans, but still a Shelby
let me know when you're ready to sell, ;)
I need auto, so that or GT500 H are my only Shelby choices...
what color combo?

Zack
02-20-2015, 05:03 PM
14500 for a gt500?
That's a steal and a half

svtrichie
02-20-2015, 05:04 PM
Shelby gt, not gt500. Basically glorified mustang gt with a intake, suspension and stripes. Also guy has signed visor with his name

svtrichie
02-20-2015, 05:10 PM
Here is a pic of it

svtrichie
02-20-2015, 05:14 PM
Another pic

Fastbob
02-20-2015, 05:19 PM
2007 Shelby GT has the rotten 2 piece spark plugs. You are looking at an excellent price. Maybe get a 2008 or 2009 Bullitt Mustang instead?

chief455
02-20-2015, 05:43 PM
a regular GT auto with those miles sell for $13-14k every day in the northeast.
your plan to enjoy and resell sounds safe, good buy in price

Zack
02-20-2015, 06:14 PM
A Shelby GT is quite possibly the biggest joke ever to leave the production line in American carmaker history.
The quality of the 'modifications' is shameful and the performance is laughable.

I would be embarrassed to own one

Zack
02-20-2015, 06:16 PM
And don't forget: it's a Shelby, not a mustang

chief455
02-20-2015, 06:18 PM
Zack, how do you really feel? :)
it is lame to put a Shelby badge on a GT with some FRPP stuff, but hey,....

Bad_S55
02-20-2015, 06:21 PM
A Shelby GT is quite possibly the biggest joke ever to leave the production line in American carmaker history.
The quality of the 'modifications' is shameful and the performance is laughable.

Still, that color combo is NICE! You've got a great point though, all it was was an intake right? Everything else was just exterior, I don't think they even changed the ring & pinion!

chief455
02-20-2015, 06:38 PM
Still, that color combo is NICE! You've got a great point though, all it was was an intake right? Everything else was just exterior, I don't think they even changed the ring & pinion!
Ford Racing Performance Group provided Shelby its FR1 Power Pack to add 25 horsepower to the existing Mustang GT powertrain with an additional 10 ft/lb of torque. The package included a 90mm cold air kit, muffler kit, a new X-pipe and Ford Racing "GTA" axle-back mufflers. The Ford Shelby GT-H also had the Ford Racing Handling Pack (FR3) which included specially tuned dampers, lowering springs, sway bars, strut tower brace, and a Ford Racing 3.55:1 ratio rear axle assembly.
Differences include the deletion of the rear spoiler, a retro Shelby hood scoop in place of the CS6/8 Shelby hood, and silver versus the gold stripes, with the car available in either white or black
______________________________ _______________________
not bad mods to a GT

Davesvt2000
02-20-2015, 06:54 PM

It did not come of Ford's production line, it went thru the Shelby shops in Las Vegas, ford had nothing to do with these cars.

svtrichie
02-20-2015, 07:05 PM
I understand all this. But most people see the Shelby name and will pay extra for it. And it's the same price as mustang gt s with more miles on them. I am sure I can flip it for a few thousand extra. But it will probably be driven a few times a week and sit with the others. Going again tomorrow to closely look and drive it

chief455
02-20-2015, 07:47 PM
I understand all this. But most people see the Shelby name and will pay extra for it. And it's the same price as mustang gt s with more miles on them. I am sure I can flip it for a few thousand extra. But it will probably be driven a few times a week and sit with the others. Going again tomorrow to closely look and drive it
I concur - good car to have some fun and flip.

71cyclone
02-21-2015, 02:28 PM
Definitely a fair price. As crown vicman stated above; your buying the name.

Fair Deal / 'Browns' Muscle cars in Glen Burnie has sold ones in the past for more money. Also JPC in Millersville Maryland can supercharge it for a nominal fee. have fun at any rate :banana2:

MM03MOK
02-21-2015, 08:04 PM
http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/87505-looking-at-a-2008-sgt/

http://www.championcbg.com/VehicleDetails/used-2008-Ford-Mustang-Shelby_GT-La_Grange-KY/2325325663

SergntMac
02-22-2015, 12:00 PM
Thinking on buying a 07 shelby gt, not gt500. 37k miles auto. Are these cars worth 18k

Howdy, Gents. Hope y'all are well.

FYI on this Shelby GT, 2007 MY, white with auto tranny.

Records reflect this GT is one of 2260 Shelby GTs built and sold in 2007. No data on how many with auto tranny or Tremec 3650 5spd. Manual. If it is genuine, you should see a dash plaque and under hood VIN tag with the serial number reading 07SGTXXXX. Only a Shelby GT gets a Shelby VIN, the GT500, also premiering in 2007, does not. That "Shelby" is built by Auto Aliance in Flat Rock, MI.

The Shelby GT came to be, because the 2006-2007 GT-Hertz was not for sale to the public, rather it was contracted between Hertz and Shelby as a 40th. Anniversary edition for rental only. You could rent one, but not own one. Thus, the 2007-2008 Shebly was born, identical construction to the Hertz, but with 5 speed/auto option, and silver stripes.

This GT is a pre-title manufacture, meaning it was built by Shelby (SAI), in Vegas, then released to the public. You could order one from any Ford dealer, who was also a Ford Racing distributor. All 2007 builds were identical, choice of white or black, 5spd or auto. Blue, orange and 'verts were added to pre-title builds in 2008. Total builds for 2007 are recorded as 5632, with the balance of 3372 built in black. I am proud to own two of them. Total builds for the 1st generation 2007-2008 Shelby GTs is recorded as 8132. This is a rare automobile.

IMHO, this is a choice selection if one likes to own a special automobile with an impressive history. Truth be known, if you can get this car for 18K, do it. They can be worth much more to an interested collector. I cannot establish a market value for THIS car, but read this VERY CAREFULLY. Present value for a pre-title SGT is closer to 30K, than it is to 20K.

I have read Zack's comments about this car, and while I respect the man's viewpoint, I cannot agree with him, and I will not banter with him, our history is long and deep. However, I am entitled to my opinion too, and mine is based on actual performance in the market, not a emotional wisecrack.

I studied the racing market, and I invite y'all to do likewise. The 2007-2008 Shelby GT has earned its stripes. Commentary on its performance is well documented, I counted over 50 magazine articles before I gave up. Do your own googling/wiki search, any combination search string you care to imagine, but, magazine articles can be bought, or bartered for. Records cannot.

The SCCA alone, recorded first place wins in National and World racing events in 2007-2008. How many? Ummm...All of them? Well, it was easier to count the places and shows, and there are only 3. Only 3 titles not brought home by the 1st generation SGT. That means, roughly, 15-16 title wins. No wonder the magazines went wild.

Last note...Anyone could have bought their own Mustang GT, and sent it to SAI for conversion. They paid the same for the conversation, but could have struck a better deal on the base automobile. They got everything the pre-title SGTs, but the base car was their choice, thus, Shelby could not underwrite performance. Such a car could have more bells and whistles Shelby did not include, so beware of some options, and always beware of copies and "tribute" builds. These cars would be thought of as a 2nd generation, and not holding any collector value above that of the 1st generation. All Shelby VINs can be traced by SAI, and there is a World-wide registry against fraud. Any doubt can be addressed, give them a call.

Hope this helps y'all.

Take care Zack.

Be safe.

justbob
02-22-2015, 12:06 PM
Hi Mac!!

Builder Of Badassery

Zack
02-23-2015, 09:00 AM
It worked!!!!!!
I wrote all that to get you out of hibernation and here you are!!!

Hey Buddy!

svtrichie
02-23-2015, 10:27 AM
I people are thinking the car is worth $20k, I am happy. Hopefully it works out.

stevengerard
02-23-2015, 11:27 AM
I think its only worth 10k, buy it for 14k and I'll splurge and give you 14.5k :D

svtrichie
02-24-2015, 08:31 PM
I picked it up today. Could not pass it up

chief455
02-24-2015, 08:45 PM
good financial move with fun equity! enjoy it, nice looking ride:beer:

don't forget to update your sig

sflrainmaker01
02-24-2015, 09:28 PM

I agree. Unless I am willing to put out for a GT500, a regular Mustang GT is what I would buy. That is up to you though. YEARS AGO, you could buy a Saleen Foxbody Mustang, but all you got was a few exterior, interior and suspension upgrades. All in all, it didn't amount to much. But, now, 20+ years later, there is a bit of a market bump due to it being a Saleen. So, unless you plan on holding it for awhile, there isn't alot of value there IMHO.

teamrope
02-25-2015, 10:40 PM
Howdy, Gents. Hope y'all are well.

FYI on this Shelby GT, 2007 MY, white with auto tranny.

Records reflect this GT is one of 2260 Shelby GTs built and sold in 2007. No data on how many with auto tranny or Tremec 3650 5spd. Manual. If it is genuine, you should see a dash plaque and under hood VIN tag with the serial number reading 07SGTXXXX. Only a Shelby GT gets a Shelby VIN, the GT500, also premiering in 2007, does not. That "Shelby" is built by Auto Aliance in Flat Rock, MI.

The Shelby GT came to be, because the 2006-2007 GT-Hertz was not for sale to the public, rather it was contracted between Hertz and Shelby as a 40th. Anniversary edition for rental only. You could rent one, but not own one. Thus, the 2007-2008 Shebly was born, identical construction to the Hertz, but with 5 speed/auto option, and silver stripes.

This GT is a pre-title manufacture, meaning it was built by Shelby (SAI), in Vegas, then released to the public. You could order one from any Ford dealer, who was also a Ford Racing distributor. All 2007 builds were identical, choice of white or black, 5spd or auto. Blue, orange and 'verts were added to pre-title builds in 2008. Total builds for 2007 are recorded as 5632, with the balance of 3372 built in black. I am proud to own two of them. Total builds for the 1st generation 2007-2008 Shelby GTs is recorded as 8132. This is a rare automobile.

IMHO, this is a choice selection if one likes to own a special automobile with an impressive history. Truth be known, if you can get this car for 18K, do it. They can be worth much more to an interested collector. I cannot establish a market value for THIS car, but read this VERY CAREFULLY. Present value for a pre-title SGT is closer to 30K, than it is to 20K.

I have read Zack's comments about this car, and while I respect the man's viewpoint, I cannot agree with him, and I will not banter with him, our history is long and deep. However, I am entitled to my opinion too, and mine is based on actual performance in the market, not a emotional wisecrack.

I studied the racing market, and I invite y'all to do likewise. The 2007-2008 Shelby GT has earned its stripes. Commentary on its performance is well documented, I counted over 50 magazine articles before I gave up. Do your own googling/wiki search, any combination search string you care to imagine, but, magazine articles can be bought, or bartered for. Records cannot.

The SCCA alone, recorded first place wins in National and World racing events in 2007-2008. How many? Ummm...All of them? Well, it was easier to count the places and shows, and there are only 3. Only 3 titles not brought home by the 1st generation SGT. That means, roughly, 15-16 title wins. No wonder the magazines went wild.

Last note...Anyone could have bought their own Mustang GT, and sent it to SAI for conversion. They paid the same for the conversation, but could have struck a better deal on the base automobile. They got everything the pre-title SGTs, but the base car was their choice, thus, Shelby could not underwrite performance. Such a car could have more bells and whistles Shelby did not include, so beware of some options, and always beware of copies and "tribute" builds. These cars would be thought of as a 2nd generation, and not holding any collector value above that of the 1st generation. All Shelby VINs can be traced by SAI, and there is a World-wide registry against fraud. Any doubt can be addressed, give them a call.

Hope this helps y'all.

Take care Zack.

Be safe.

Good to see you back Mac. :)

1Marauder
02-27-2015, 09:53 PM

Awesome!

After all above and below... I want more! I want to see more photos AND I want more of your thoughts and perception after buying and driving it.

How much did you snag it for???

svtrichie
02-28-2015, 12:11 PM
. Have only put about 100 miles on it, very tight all around nice driver. Not too fast but quick enough, exhaust sounds good when you get on it but quiet at cruising speeds. I didn't think I would like the auto but shifts pretty firm. Pretty clean car, wanting to repaint the front bumper and maybe restripe it since there are a couple or small scratches. But I am pretty picky. Probably keep it for a year or so and upgrade to gt500 or new 5.0 car. Who knows, everything is for sale so it could be gone on a week!!

chief455
02-28-2015, 03:37 PM
. Have only put about 100 miles on it, very tight all around nice driver. Not too fast but quick enough, exhaust sounds good when you get on it but quiet at cruising speeds. I didn't think I would like the auto but shifts pretty firm. Pretty clean car, wanting to repaint the front bumper and maybe restripe it since there are a couple or small scratches. But I am pretty picky. Probably keep it for a year or so and upgrade to gt500 or new 5.0 car. Who knows, everything is for sale so it could be gone on a week!!

feedback on the svt site is the cars respond very well to handheld tunes, especially the trans shifting. Enjoy!

MM03MOK
02-28-2015, 05:08 PM
The Shelby stripes are only available from Shelby. You will need to document car ownership before they will sell them to you. To keep the authenticity and value of the car, don't put any other stripes on it. They are not cheap but they're the real deal.