PDA

View Full Version : A street outlaw charged with murder

chief455
03-10-2015, 06:17 PM
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2015/03/07/star-of-popular-reality-show-about-illegal-street-racing-now-facing-murder-charges/

Wonder if the show will feel a ripple effect?

babbage
03-10-2015, 06:26 PM
That sucks

Video of it....

ysS1Ts78KDs

Joe Walsh
03-10-2015, 07:33 PM
Never could understand the concept of standing 'downrange' of a 3,500 LB four wheeled missile.

:shake:

That's why they make dragstrips with jerseywalls, barriers and fences.

Shaijack
03-10-2015, 08:37 PM
I thought street racing was against the law. They should hang them..

TP Derrick D
03-10-2015, 09:08 PM
L.A. DA's office say they don't believe either guy was driving , so why are they charged with murder and bond set at 2 mil?

chief455
03-10-2015, 09:17 PM
L.A. DA's office say they don't believe either guy was driving , so why are they charged with murder and bond set at 2 mil?

Arranging the race, I believe. Accountability and zero tolerance - things I wish America held dearly these days.
This precedence would make 'Big Chief' accountable for anything illegal during prearranged races on the tv show, I guess.
He might want to step away from the racemaster stand...:run:

TP Derrick D
03-10-2015, 09:45 PM
Arranging the race, I believe. Accountability and zero tolerance - things I wish America held dearly these days.
This precedence would make 'Big Chief' accountable for anything illegal during prearranged races on the tv show, I guess.
OK, I feel ya. I don't think its right for them to charge him or Big Chief( if something happened like this, been several oh no's lately tho) but U.S justice system is all F'd up. Most jailed people of any country...man that's bad when communist countries put people in jail for almost anything and we jail more than them.

RocketCouch
03-10-2015, 10:03 PM
That race was about 20 minutes away from me. There's a huge street racing problem around here as they keep on closing down our tracks. Izzy's been a big name in street racing for a while now and if I read correctly anyone who participates in a street race whether it be organizer, spectator or racer is breaking the law.

It's terrible that people died but they were the ones out there at 2:xx in the AM and they knew the risks associated with it especially standing down range where anything could happen. Unfortunately this is just further proof we need a legal venue and people need to stop bitching about the noise and closing our tracks down

lji372
03-11-2015, 03:50 AM
OK, I feel ya. I don't think its right for them to charge him or Big Chief( if something happened like this, been several oh no's lately tho) but U.S justice system is all F'd up. Most jailed people of any country...man that's bad when communist countries put people in jail for almost anything and we jail more than them.

^^^^truth^^^^^^^

MOTOWN
03-11-2015, 04:24 AM

You can't honestly believe "Street Outlaws" the tv show is actually street racing "illegally" with a full camera crew , 30ft portable flood lights , and hundreds of spectators , not to mention full on race cars that make enough noise to wake the dead!

Its a tv show , those streets are closed to the public during taping , and you can bet the city they race in is fully aware of whats going on , no police department in world is so clueless they can't hear 2,000+hp race cars , and flatbed trailers galore converging on one area.

fastblackmerc
03-11-2015, 04:42 AM
You can't honestly believe "Street Outlaws" the tv show is actually street racing "illegally" with a full camera crew , 30ft portable flood lights , and hundreds of spectators , not to mention full on race cars that make enough noise to wake the dead!

Its a tv show , those streets are closed to the public during taping , and you can bet the city they race in is fully aware of whats going on , no police department in world is so clueless they can't hear 2,000+hp race cars , and flatbed trailers galore converging on one area.

+1..............

loud2004marquis
03-11-2015, 04:46 AM
×2........

fastblackmerc
03-11-2015, 04:53 AM
Never could understand the concept of standing 'downrange' of a 3,500 LB four wheeled missile.

Survival of the smartest?

MMBLUE
03-11-2015, 04:55 AM
+ 3 OMG......HELLO....Hello......h ello

cer0413
03-11-2015, 04:58 AM

Don't forget to ad that every time they get busted for testing on the street, they get off with a warning.

Marauderman
03-11-2015, 05:05 AM

Absolutely.......+ 4 now!!!...but love the show...........

BigM460
03-11-2015, 05:20 AM
I love this show!!!! Very fun! Just like Roger stated, the show HAS to be getting permitted and permission to do these races.

Triple Threat
03-11-2015, 05:23 AM
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2015/03/07/star-of-popular-reality-show-about-illegal-street-racing-now-facing-murder-charges/

Wonder if the show will feel a ripple effect?

NHRA has sent letters to anyone involved in the show that if they continue they will lose their license and membership and will not be allowed to race at any NHRA track.Street racing is against membership rules. See story on DRAGZINE.

RF Overlord
03-11-2015, 05:57 AM
Reality shows aren't.

1Marauder
03-11-2015, 08:26 AM
Used this as a topic of discussion with my 14 year old. WHERE to stand and not stand at ANY car race, rally, function.

Why street racing is bad / dangerous, and more importantly WHEN to be at an event, and when NOT, and if an event starts to get out of control (as this one did), WHEN to LEAVE.

sailsmen
03-11-2015, 09:22 AM
STUPID!
One friend suffered brain damage, loss of memory, due to a street racer running into him and another walks with a limp due to a street racer running him off the road.

Put me, my family or friends at risk and I call it into the police.

One member here is dead from street racing and another member wrecked his car street racing, possibly being hospitalized.

Video was posted here of a member street racing on a busy street and almost losing it, but not letting up. That's when I knew for certain a wreck was in the near future for him and yes he totaled his Marauder.

merc
03-11-2015, 09:43 AM
bring back Passtime and Pinks. :argue::burnout:

fastblackmerc
03-11-2015, 10:05 AM
STUPID!
Video was posted here of a member street racing on a busy street and almost losing it, but not letting up.

The difference between an experienced professional and an idiot is knowing when to let off the gas.

chief455
03-11-2015, 10:28 AM
NHRA has sent letters to anyone involved in the show that if they continue they will lose their license and membership and will not be allowed to race at any NHRA track.Street racing is against membership rules. See story on DRAGZINE.

While I do not believe the tv show is 'real', in any way, but - what activity it promotes is.
Do I feel it should be responsible for other people doing such a thing off tv, no. That would be Like holding the Kardashians responsible for off tv girls trying to look cool and being dumb.
I like watching guys race, they should just do the same thing - top 10 list, grudge matches, out of town call outs - on a race track with full safety crew.

slickster
03-11-2015, 10:28 AM

Faith?.....

TP Derrick D
03-11-2015, 08:10 PM
While I do not believe the tv show is 'real', in any way, but - what activity it promotes is.
Do I feel it should be responsible for other people doing such a thing off tv, no. That would be Like holding the Kardashians responsible for off tv girls trying to look cool and being dumb.
I like watching guys race, they should just do the same thing - top 10 list, grudge matches, out of town call outs - on a race track with full safety crew.
I go to a performance shop and know several guys that know Boosted GT (the yellow Mustang Cobra) who is from Ft Worth and has been around for a long time. I also know a guy named Eric that has a shop here and he was on season 1 and all say in separate conversations that the wrecks and racing is real as far as who actually wins but yes the show has all types of permits and street closings. I too was a non-believer and one day while at the shop (JKS Performance Mansfield, Texas) brought up the subject that Josh (JKS owner) needed to replace Boosted because he was getting his aaaaaaa$$ kicked and embarrassing the Texas guys with his popping, cutting out & mis-fires. By the way Josh has won several True Street events with his small tire fox body

MyBlackBeasts
03-11-2015, 08:41 PM

Natural Selection... :shake:

chief455
03-11-2015, 09:24 PM
I go to a performance shop and know several guys that know Boosted GT (the yellow Mustang Cobra) who is from Ft Worth and has been around for a long time. I also know a guy named Eric that has a shop here and he was on season 1 and all say in separate conversations that the wrecks and racing is real as far as who actually wins but yes the show has all types of permits and street closings. I too was a non-believer and one day while at the shop (JKS Performance Mansfield, Texas) brought up the subject that Josh (JKS owner) needed to replace Boosted because he was getting his aaaaaaa$$ kicked and embarrassing the Texas guys with his popping, cutting out & mis-fires. By the way Josh has won several True Street events with his small tire fox body

I have a friend in Laplace, La. and the street racing scene (10 sec and faster) is huge, and real. But not televised or endorsed.
He told me a month ago, they were filming for the show in his area, and the GTO was now white. I just saw it white in this weeks previews.
He said he spoke to one of the on camera drivers, and was told they are paid a bit of money per episode, and funding for the cars. So it's a business.
All that aside, my original question remains - I wonder if the murder charges will have a ripple effect on the tv show?

MOTOWN
03-11-2015, 09:51 PM
I have a friend in Laplace, La. and the street racing scene (10 sec and faster) is huge, and real. But not televised or endorsed.
He told me a month ago, they were filming for the show in his area, and the GTO was now white. I just saw it white in this weeks previews.
He said he spoke to one of the on camera drivers, and was told they are paid a bit of money per episode, and funding for the cars. So it's a business.
All that aside, my original question remains - I wonder if the murder charges will have a ripple effect on the tv show?

Ummm no , that would be any competent defense attorneys dream!

chief455
03-11-2015, 10:01 PM
Ummm no , that would be any competent defense attorneys dream!

Not with charges, or assigning guilt - I mean, will the shows producers react in fear of being targeted by the public to tear them down. Maybe not, it's all fake anyway! ;)

MOTOWN
03-11-2015, 10:17 PM
Not with charges, or assigning guilt - I mean, will the shows producers react in fear of being targeted by the public to tear them down. Maybe not, it's all fake anyway! ;)

Thats not how the law works bud , and all of the things you bring up are outlined in the contract , do you think the Discovery channel or the guys that act like clowns are really stupid? i think not , its TV Entertainment!

chief455
03-11-2015, 10:30 PM
Thats not how the law works bud , and all of the things you bring up are outlined in the contract , do you think the Discovery channel or the guys that act like clowns are really stupid? i think not , its TV Entertainment!
yah, I figured when I first saw the show, it is pretty well sorted out behind the scenes, as you say - they aren't stupid. just characters on the tube for our viewing pleasure!
I wonder if the show gets any public heat from conservatives for the 'display' of racing? guess it would be like flaming a show that has scenes of drug use - will never matter.

MMBLUE
03-11-2015, 11:58 PM
I wonder if the show gets any public heat from conservatives for the 'display' of racing? guess it would be like flaming a show that has scenes of drug use - will never matter.

What does this have to do with conservatism :confused:

Crown Vicman
03-12-2015, 09:30 AM
I hope what a couple idiots did own their own doesn't ruin the street outlaws show. Its one of the few shows on Tv that I really like. Big Chief's car the crow is the best.

TP Derrick D
03-12-2015, 10:13 PM
I hope what a couple idiots did own their own doesn't ruin the street outlaws show. Its one of the few shows on Tv that I really like. Big Chief's car the crow is the best.

Chief's car was black and called the crow so the name fit, but now that its white that name no longer fits unless there are white crows flying around I never seen or heard of. Need something mythical & white and like The Yeti, another name for the abominable snowman

chief455
03-12-2015, 10:25 PM
Big Chief's car the crow is the best.

By my screen name, you can guess I'd agree ;)
Doing it ALL PONTIAC!! Basic engine designed in 1955, kicking butt.
Chevy guys never know what hits em when a properly built Pontiac torques them by....Mustangs with chevy engines and crap.
GTO with a Pontiac motor :cool:

BigM460
03-13-2015, 06:41 AM
Chief's car was black and called the crow so the name fit, but now that its white that name no longer fits unless there are white crows flying around I never seen or heard of. Need something mythical & white and like The Yeti, another name for the abominable snowman

Maybe now it's "The Abominable Crow"! :D