PDA

View Full Version : Anyone own or drive a 2015 Mustang GT?

chief455
03-12-2015, 01:46 AM
Curious what the impression is, from a Marauder driver point of view.

MGDriver
03-12-2015, 02:13 AM
I've got a test drive booked with my local Ford branch whenever the first Euro spec demonstrator vehicles hit their showroom floor which is scheduled for May-ish so if you guys are interested I can post a review of what the Euro model is like.
I've had a chance to take a first glimse at the 2015 at a local Importer just the other week which was the US spec model with the 5.0 Coyote V8 and I must admit it actually looks better in person than in picture. The front is great and still very Mustangy but I don't really know what to make of the rear yet, the taillights are very oddly shaped and that's gonna be a pain to keep clean I thought. The interior is still very retro but I prefer the previous shape to be honest.

ctrlraven
03-12-2015, 06:27 AM
Interior is very nice with a pleasant euro feel to it, the seats however if you are above average size (height, width or weight) are not that comfortable. The outgoing model had more comfortable seats IMHO.

Gryphonzus
03-12-2015, 10:10 AM
My wife traded in a 2012 Shelby Cobra and a 2014 v6 Mustang for the 2015 GT model. Before that she had the 2011 GT. The seats are more comfortable in the 2015 but the headrests to me are still too high, they give me a headache. It has more get up and go than all but the Shelby Cobra. Our only complaints are the fly by wire throttle has too much delay in responding, and the brakes when they are cold squeal loudly. the mustangs with the Brembo units do not do this. My wife really likes this Mustang enough so that she does not complain about trading in the Cobra. I would have liked to keep the Cobra but she would not drive it. It had only 2200 miles on it. Hope this information helps.

Logizyme
03-12-2015, 10:19 AM
I did the pre-delivery inspection on a few.

Ecoboost performance package is a wicked fun car to drive - all around balanced.

5.0 is just plain stupid fast.

Handling is great and the rear suspension setup is something I've never seen before - crazy - and it works.

V6 and non-performance packages are pretty boring.

jsignorelli
03-12-2015, 10:55 AM
I had the chance to drive a 2015 at one of the Ford sponsored field days events.
I'm a big guy and found the seats comfortable. I agree about the throttle response from the fly-by-wire peddle. As a racer, I like instant response.
For a street car, it is fine. I did like the feel of the manual trans as I shifted through the gears.

chief455
03-12-2015, 08:20 PM
My wife traded in a 2012 Shelby Cobra and a 2014 v6 Mustang for the 2015 GT model. Before that she had the 2011 GT. The seats are more comfortable in the 2015 but the headrests to me are still too high, they give me a headache. It has more get up and go than all but the Shelby Cobra. Our only complaints are the fly by wire throttle has too much delay in responding, and the brakes when they are cold squeal loudly. the mustangs with the Brembo units do not do this. My wife really likes this Mustang enough so that she does not complain about trading in the Cobra. I would have liked to keep the Cobra but she would not drive it. It had only 2200 miles on it. Hope this information helps.
All replies helped, but this one is best. I wondered how the 2015 changes stood against 2010+ models. Sounds like a nice car to drive and enjoy, hmmm...

I did the pre-delivery inspection on a few.

Ecoboost performance package is a wicked fun car to drive - all around balanced.

5.0 is just plain stupid fast.

Handling is great and the rear suspension setup is something I've never seen before - crazy - and it works.

V6 and non-performance packages are pretty boring.
encouraging.
thinking about a basic GT for low money in, lighter car, then a few FRPP add on's.

chief455
03-12-2015, 08:21 PM
I had the chance to drive a 2015 at one of the Ford sponsored field days events.
I'm a big guy and found the seats comfortable. I agree about the throttle response from the fly-by-wire peddle. As a racer, I like instant response.
For a street car, it is fine. I did like the feel of the manual trans as I shifted through the gears.
I'll have to test drive one, see if I pick up on this.

ChiTownMaraud3r
03-12-2015, 09:21 PM
I'm planning on picking one up soon. Haven't been able to man up and drive 74 miles one way for the one I like, (priced at MSRP) without knowing if they will deal some.

One of my good friends introduced me to his 2015. As far as Marauder-point of view... it feels way more solid- the ind. rear suspension is just what was needed. The car feels just as fast, if not faster than an eaton swapped marauder, sounds great (a bit too quiet stock), the manual trans is awesome, short throw, easy to shift. The only downside, is the must have perforamance package, with the 15" rotors means no previous mustang 18s will work for winter use, must be "19+... But overall I see it as a good, fun daily.

chief455
03-12-2015, 10:36 PM
I'm planning on picking one up soon. Haven't been able to man up and drive 74 miles one way for the one I like, (priced at MSRP) without knowing if they will deal some.

One of my good friends introduced me to his 2015. As far as Marauder-point of view... it feels way more solid- the ind. rear suspension is just what was needed. The car feels just as fast, if not faster than an eaton swapped marauder, sounds great (a bit too quiet stock), the manual trans is awesome, short throw, easy to shift. The only downside, is the must have perforamance package, with the 15" rotors means no previous mustang 18s will work for winter use, must be "19+... But overall I see it as a good, fun daily.

making me want to sign and drive here :help:
I'd have a HARD time letting my Marauder go without another year, or more after making so personally mine.
I found a GT, cloth, 3.55 gear and auto needed for my disability) only options in color Gaurd. $2k below sticker advertised price. Paddle shifters, buy a tuner and later upgrade brakes and exhaust.
I'm sure I'd love it, they remind me of my youthful attraction to 65, 67 and 70 fastbacks.
I could justify big payments, keep the MM, and alternate :eek:

But, can't drive either in these nasty, salty winters. hmmm...

ChiTownMaraud3r
03-13-2015, 11:43 AM
Same here^ difficult to justify driving such nice new car, or my rare marauder through salty *****y Chicago winters.

I can't find a base GT with the performance pack in white...only top of the line premiums. I already had a company mail me vinyl color samples for racing stripes.

chief455
03-13-2015, 02:36 PM
Same here^ difficult to justify driving such nice new car, or my rare marauder through salty *****y Chicago winters.

I can't find a base GT with the performance pack in white...only top of the line premiums. I already had a company mail me vinyl color samples for racing stripes.
so is your intent keeping the Marauder, getting a 2015 GT, and driving something else in the winter months?
I might do that. Swap the plate from Marauder to an old beater through winter....keep the GT in the garage, miles down. Trade in my new Accord for a GT.

ChiTownMaraud3r
03-14-2015, 01:29 PM
I'm still on the fence as what to do, I'm definitely keeping the MM, but not sure if I should just daily the GT and get rid of my GM.. Having three cars and a motorcycle ( I want another street bike as well) is kind of expensive with tag fees and insurance, etc..I need to move closer to my job to minimize problems driving the GT in the snow. ( I work 50mi away currently)