PDA

View Full Version : You gearheads will love this!

Dr Caleb
04-28-2004, 07:40 AM
Ohhhh! W-16 churning out 1,001 HP. Sweeeeet!

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/bugatti.htm

merc406
04-28-2004, 07:53 AM
Good article Doc, love the motor, I'd have to hire a full time plummer for the turbo's. :D
For a million simolies, that thing beter wipe my butt getting out after those 250mph run's. :lol:
It's ugly. :puke:

MAD-3R
04-28-2004, 08:01 AM
Good article Doc, love the motor, I'd have to hire a full time plummer for the turbo's. :D
For a million simolies, that thing beter wipe my butt getting out after those 250mph run's. :lol:
It's ugly. :puke:

For a cool million, it's not ugly, it's excentric (sp?)

BillyGman
04-28-2004, 09:54 AM
a V-16? That thing is like two straight-8 engines clamped together. And the thing consumes gasoline at the rate of 1.33 gallond per minute during WOT!!!! It should have a 100 gallon gas tank. Not the prettiest thing around though. What's w/this trend among exotics like this car and the Ferrari Enzo to have a "paddle" shifter on the column? Kinda lame if you ask me. Why don't they just stay w/a good ole standard shifter on the console?

hitchhiker
04-28-2004, 09:57 AM
a V-16? That thing is like two straight-8 engines clamped together. And the thing consumes gasoline at the rate of 1.33 gallond per minute during WOT!!!! It should have a 100 gallon gas tank. Not the prettiest thing around though. What's w/this trend among exotics like this car and the Ferrari Enzo to have a "paddle" shifter on the column? Kinda lame if you ask me. Why don't they just stay w/a good ole standard shifter on the console?

Simple...Twits can't shift a stick!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dr Caleb
04-28-2004, 10:39 AM
a V-16? That thing is like two straight-8 engines clamped together.

What's w/this trend among exotics like this car and the Ferrari Enzo to have a "paddle" shifter on the column? Kinda lame if you ask me. Why don't they just stay w/a good ole standard shifter on the console?

It's a W-16, slightly different. 2 V-8's with a common crankshaft, but the block isn't much longer than a standard V-8.

Paddle shifting allows gear changes in 2 tenths of a second. Much faster than the regular stick, and no manual clutch to operate. :) Plus, it has two clutches, so you'd need both feet ;)

BillyGman
04-28-2004, 11:13 PM
then why not simply have a real automatic transmission w/a shifter on the floor? You can have the "paddle". I'll pass thankyou. Paddles are for boats.

merc406
04-29-2004, 04:42 AM
then why not simply have a real automatic transmission w/a shifter on the floor? You can have the "paddle". I'll pass thankyou. Paddles are for boats.

Both hands on the wheel, a big advancement. :rock:

Michael_S
05-05-2004, 11:25 AM
I'll take the naturally aspirated 13.6L V16 in the Cadillac 16 concept, thank you very much.

Pop Led Zeppelin in the CD player and drive around with the windows down, blasting 'Rock and Roll'.

merc406
05-05-2004, 12:07 PM
I'll take the naturally aspirated 13.6L V16 in the Cadillac 16 concept, thank you very much.

Pop Led Zeppelin in the CD player and drive around with the windows down, blasting 'Rock and Roll'.

So what time ya picken me up. :up: :lol:

Michael_S
05-05-2004, 02:35 PM
So what time ya picken me up. :up: :lol:

:D Right after GM gives me the car and enough money to pay for the insurance. Don't hold your breath. :)