PDA

View Full Version : Not again!

Long Live #3
04-28-2004, 10:45 AM
My grandfather is going to be having surgury sometime this week. I don't know what kind though. It's a life or death kind of thing. My dad is already on the plane bound for New York.I don't want him to die, not before my graduation. I was planning on staying there in New York with my grand-parents for 2 weeks. Now it's all up in the air. I don't want him to die like my dog did, on the operating table. I'm really having a hard time with this. One 1/2 of me says to stay home and hope for the best, the other 1/2 says "get your butt to New York." I don't know what to do!!! First it was my dog Emmie, then my Auntie, then my friend's grandmother. I don't want to have to go to another wake! Please, say a prayer and hope he's still alive.

Dr Caleb
04-28-2004, 10:56 AM
I feel for you Joe. I pray he's all right, but if he's not, it's part of life and soemthing we all have to come to grips with.

Get on the plane. If he's going to be OK, he will be and he'll be glad to see you. If not, you will regret it for the rest of your life.

You. Plane. Now.

Paul T. Casey
04-28-2004, 10:59 AM
Joe, consider yourself and Grandfather in my prayers.

mcb26
04-28-2004, 01:05 PM
What the DR. said

rookie1
04-28-2004, 04:09 PM
I feel for you Joe. I pray he's all right, but if he's not, it's part of life and soemthing we all have to come to grips with.

Get on the plane. If he's going to be OK, he will be and he'll be glad to see you. If not, you will regret it for the rest of your life.

You. Plane. Now.

ditto
You. Plane. Now

Long Live #3
04-28-2004, 04:36 PM
I can't get on the plane. It costs $800 for last minute tickets.

Bigdogjim
04-28-2004, 04:45 PM
Joe: their are no words at a time like this.

Just keep everyone close:)

The Big Guy upstairs has reasons for what life hands out.

Problem He does not always make it clear. Some day but not now!

Stay the course. If you can not come with the money for a plane ticket then do not beat yourself up over it. You did try! You did your best! That is all any one can ask!

You and your Grandfather are in my prayers.

God Bless!

BUCKWHEAT
04-28-2004, 05:43 PM
My grandfather is going to be having surgury sometime this week. I don't know what kind though. It's a life or death kind of thing. My dad is already on the plane bound for New York.I don't want him to die, not before my graduation. I was planning on staying there in New York with my grand-parents for 2 weeks. Now it's all up in the air. I don't want him to die like my dog did, on the operating table. I'm really having a hard time with this. One 1/2 of me says to stay home and hope for the best, the other 1/2 says "get your butt to New York." I don't know what to do!!! First it was my dog Emmie, then my Auntie, then my friend's grandmother. I don't want to have to go to another wake! Please, say a prayer and hope he's still alive.

Joe, check the fares on SWA from Midway to Islip. If you're headed for the City of NY, then it's about a two hour train ride. Might beat $800. God's speed.

Long Live #3
04-28-2004, 09:57 PM
I already talked it over with my dad. I can't go.

Patrick
04-29-2004, 01:29 AM
No easy answers, and life's not Fair! Things happen for a reason, what?? Who knows. Follow your heart and may God Bless!!!

junehhan
04-29-2004, 10:01 PM
I hope everything works out okay. Life is not fair and unfortunately when your number comes up, it's time to go. I'll keep your grandfather in my thoughts tonight.........

Long Live #3
04-30-2004, 08:14 AM
Today is the day. He goes in for surgury. I'll post when I get any news.

Ross
04-30-2004, 08:29 AM
We're praying for you and your grandfather, Joe.

Long Live #3
04-30-2004, 08:37 AM
He came out ok. It'll be 2 hours before he can go home though.

Ross
04-30-2004, 08:40 AM
Joe, not to preach too loudly, but right now you need to be down on your knees thanking God for his mercy and love. We are all very happy to hear the good news! :up: