PDA

View Full Version : My Rebuilt Engine.......

Marauderjack
03-20-2015, 03:23 PM
Got everything back together today after sending the LEAKY P1SC back to ProCharger for their upgraded seals and.........WOW....WOW....WOW! !:eek::burnout::beer:

It really is much better than before......new belt with no oil on it......no belt slip and the motor seems to have loosened up some.......NEW REAR TIRES next!!:burnout:

Now on to 500,000 miles....if I live that long!!:bandit:

Very HAPPY!!:D

chief455
03-20-2015, 03:53 PM
Congrats!!
I felt a difference when my D1SC was rebuilt also - enjoy :)

lji372
03-20-2015, 07:30 PM
Congrats!!
I felt a difference when my D1SC was rebuilt also - enjoy :)

Hopefully I'll feel the difference too! :banana2:

MOTOWN
03-20-2015, 07:50 PM
Hopefully I'll feel the difference too! :banana2:

You sent yours in for surgery?

lji372
03-20-2015, 08:04 PM
You sent yours in for surgery?

Yup, she's all fresh in a box. No time :alone:

MOTOWN
03-20-2015, 08:26 PM
Yup, she's all fresh in a box. No time :alone:

Cool! git er done!

BeeDamn
03-20-2015, 08:41 PM
Ich gratuliere, Viel Glück :)

1stMerc
03-20-2015, 09:57 PM
Got everything back together today after sending the LEAKY P1SC back to ProCharger for their upgraded seals and.........WOW....WOW....WOW! !:eek::burnout::beer:

It really is much better than before......new belt with no oil on it......no belt slip and the motor seems to have loosened up some.......NEW REAR TIRES next!!:burnout:

Now on to 500,000 miles....if I live that long!!:bandit:

Very HAPPY!!:D

How much did it run u and what was the turn around time? Mines leaking also.

Marauderjack
03-21-2015, 02:58 AM
Long story short.......I have had FOUR P1SC "Leaky Heads" and have complained for 9+ years but this last one was horrible!!:argue::mad2:

It leaked from both input and output seals and made one HELL OF A MESS....worked fine but messy!!:( I read all the stories on several forums and ALL agreed that ProCharger had a problem...eventually I had a long talk with Jon Bond..see here: https://jonbondperformance.com/index.php?main_page=product_in fo&cPath=26_142_157&products_id=700&zenid=n4cur9nouubd994jbnao76c0 v7

Jon suggested I send it back to ProCharger one last time so I contacted my buddy who is in "Inventory Control" now and he pulled a few string and got my unit repaired ($468.50) and back to me in less than 2 weeks!!:beer:

ProCharger admits they had inferior seals for a long time (confirmed by Jon Bond) and they went to a new sealing system along with different bearing pre-loads back in 2012 (2 years after I got my last rebuild)!!:mad2:

Jon Bond said if the current rebuild leaks he can fix it and guarantee it for 3 years......funny how a little competition can change things!!;) I really think ProCharger finally (under pressure...no pun intended:rolleyes:) figgered it out....only time will tell?? :cool:

Stay tuned!!:burnout:

martyo
03-21-2015, 03:59 AM
Jon is a good dude!

Marauderjack
03-21-2015, 05:30 AM
Jon is a good dude!

He seemed to be a "Straight Shooter" on the phone Marty!!:beer:

I came real close to sending the "LEAKER" directly to him but he said to give ProCharger another chance!!:beer:

O's Fan Rich
03-21-2015, 10:51 AM
Next time I make plans to see my sister in Charleston (south near Folly Beach) I have GOT to make arrangements with you to meet up.
I'm such a scatter brain when it comes to this ****.

Marauderjack
03-21-2015, 11:56 AM
Come on Rich....right on the "scenic way" to Folly and you are welcomed anytime!!:beer:

chief455
03-21-2015, 12:26 PM
How much did it run u and what was the turn around time? Mines leaking also.

mine was ~$700 and a few weeks. all seals, bearings and fasteners replaced = mandatory. nothing else was bad.

lifespeed
03-22-2015, 11:49 PM
Long story short.......I have had FOUR P1SC "Leaky Heads" and have complained for 9+ years but this last one was horrible!!

How disappointing. Hotrodding is fraught with problems to be overcome, this sounds ugly. Hope it is truly fixed once and for all.

teamrope
03-23-2015, 08:12 PM
Glad to hear she's back in service.

Not looking forward to having to send my head unit in for the new seals. It's not leaking that bad yet so I will probably wait till after Vegas.

Marauderjack
03-24-2015, 03:10 AM
Since I've had so many leak complaints my "buddy" at ProCharger put a rush on mine......less than 2 weeks back to me and normally this time of year it would be 4-6 weeks turn around time!!:shake:

You may consider trying Jon Bond......but if it's not leaking bad I'd wait 'til turn around is better at ProCharger...call 'em and see!!:bandit:

Good Luck!!:beer:

Marauderjack
04-01-2015, 02:55 PM
Got the ProCharger back and have about 500 miles on it.......so far.....DRY!!:beer:

Steve and I have been working on WOT shift points and for some reason we were coming up with with shifts at about 5500 RPM's regardless of RPM set points??:confused:

Found out today that the OEM "MPH Shift Points" were the culprit....he moved them up and.......WOW......1-2 shift at 6300 RPM's and 2-3 at 6000+.......did I say WOW!!??:eek::D

The SCT Dyno tuning is absolutely essential with a blower IMHO and it also gives amazing throttle response that I never had with the FIT Diablo "Canned Tune".......I'm truly a BELIEVER now!!:burnout::beer::eek:

Now.......on to 500K miles with lotsa SMILES!!:D;)

Marauderjack
05-10-2015, 06:48 AM
At 2300 miles the new motor is smooth and strong.......no apparent leaks and the ProCharger is even dry for a change!!:beer:

Steve and I are working on a "Valet Tune" for blower cars for when you take it in for service work and don't want the "Wrench Monkeys" destroying your car!!;)

Looking at limiting shifts to 3000 RPM's with max speed of 60 MPH....thoughts??:confused:

MMBLUE
05-10-2015, 06:50 AM
Awesome !!! Great to hear Jack. Don't you love when a plan comes together.

Marauderjack
05-10-2015, 07:25 AM
Most definitely and especially the fact that the motor has basically "forged internals" and conservatively tuned......hopefully will make it to 500,000 miles!!:beer::burnout:

martyo
05-10-2015, 10:10 AM
At 2300 miles the new motor is smooth and strong.......no apparent leaks and the ProCharger is even dry for a change!!:beer:

Steve and I are working on a "Valet Tune" for blower cars for when you take it in for service work and don't want the "Wrench Monkeys" destroying your car!!;)

Looking at limiting shifts to 3000 RPM's with max speed of 60 MPH....thoughts??:confused:

Welcome to 2004!!! :D

8UWITH6
05-10-2015, 10:53 AM
Yes, when mine was in paint jail it had 2900 rpm rev limiter. :)

BTW, if you have any questions related to your Procharger or need references I know a few of the guys there. Their shop is a couple miles down the road from me. Glad to hear the car is running well.

Marauderjack
05-10-2015, 01:07 PM
Welcome to 2004!!! :D

^^^????^^^:confused:

Marauderjack
05-10-2015, 01:09 PM
Yes, when mine was in paint jail it had 2900 rpm rev limiter. :)

BTW, if you have any questions related to your Procharger or need references I know a few of the guys there. Their shop is a couple miles down the road from me. Glad to hear the car is running well.

Thanks.......

I have had a looooong and strained relationship with ProCharger and they seem to have come around on this 5th rebuild......so far so good!!:beer:

MOTOWN
05-10-2015, 01:14 PM
Thanks.......

I have had a looooong and strained relationship with ProCharger and they seem to have come around on this 5th rebuild......so far so good!!:beer:

SHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Don't let the blower hear you! LOL;)

martyo
05-10-2015, 07:08 PM
^^^????^^^:confused:

You said you were "working on a valet tune" and my point is they have been around for a long time and should only take Steve about five minutes behind his keyboard and that is if he stops to have a can of Coke while he is doing it!

JBeezy
05-10-2015, 07:29 PM
Mine leaks a little, but nothing to be worried about. Although I would like if it didn't at all

Marauderjack
05-11-2015, 05:14 AM
You said you were "working on a valet tune" and my point is they have been around for a long time and should only take Steve about five minutes behind his keyboard and that is if he stops to have a can of Coke while he is doing it!

Oh....I wasn't aware but think it's a good idea!!:beer:

Other way is to put same size tires all around and unplug the Traction Control switch....top speed 35 MPH!! Don't ask me how I know!!:shake: