PDA

View Full Version : Gun fun in Vegas

Donald
03-28-2015, 02:35 PM
http://www.myimagecollection.com/vegasgunfun/

:banana:

rauder88
03-30-2015, 08:13 AM
I'm jealous! Sweet firearms, I've always wanted to shoot a full auto Thompson, but I bet the Vector was fun too.

Donald
03-30-2015, 09:18 AM
Went to Vegas with a friend to check out his property. I wanted to shoot some big weaponry. I chose Battlefield Las Vegas. Besides gun shooting for $2200 you can drive a tank over a junk car. I stuck with shooting. I think all the instructors are ex-military. Mine was very professional. Went over the aspects of each gun, loaded it and handed it to me while in our station and always pointed down range. He stood behind me while I was in shooting stance. And depending on the gun I was shooting I could feel his hand on my back spotting me. Buddy took a pic of me with each gun.

Went twice in 2 days. My guy from the first day was there the 2nd day so I asked for him.

Day 1
S&W 500 revolver 5 rounds
Desert Eagle .50 AE. 5 rounds
FN F2000 100 rounds (850 rnds/min full auto)
Barrett 50 BMG M107A1 5 rnds

Day 2
FN PS90. 100 rounds full auto
KRISS Super V SMG 50 rounds full auto
1920 Thompson sub. 50 round drum full auto

S&W 500: I wore gloves and my hand still tingled when done. Instructor loaded alternate chambers.

Desert Eagle: not as bad as the S&W. Not knowing what to expect I requested a single round to be loaded. No problem. Instructor then inserted mag with remaining rounds.

F2000: Initial pull on trigger gets 1 shot. Keep pulling further and it goes auto. Fair amount of muzzle rise. Very obvious hand support with this one. :)

Ah, the Barrett. Front end mounted in a captive rest that minimized recoil. But did not minimize the whump felt. My buddy watching said it pushed him back.

P90: I have the FiveSeven pistol so was familiar with ammo. A little muzzle rise.

KRISS: Medium rise but controllable. Little recoil due to mechanics. 3 options. Single shot, double shot or full auto.

Thompson (Chicago typewriter): Heavy with the drum and 50 rounds. Weight kept the rise and recoil down. Felt the hand again.

Now, some folks lose $700 gambling. I shot 7 interesting guns, stayed 2 nights free at buddies house and he did all the driving!