PDA

View Full Version : I just missed out on a great deal

MarauderMatt200
03-29-2015, 10:28 AM
im always searching the web for stuff and i stumbled upon a black 2003 MARAUDER last night at 1:30am right here one mile from my house at a dealership (Autonation). Car had 34k miles and they were only asking $9800. So knowing they are closed on Sundays i had to go see it and strike a deal. So kissed the wife threw on some shoes and i hopped the gate and searched all over that huge lot looking for it. I came up empty. So i emailed them to call me. Just got the text that it sold yesterday. He said the car was nearly immaculate and they recieved calls from all over the US for it. Im so dissappointed. I was either going to flip that car or most likely keep it and sell the one i just got. Or hell keep both. I never got to inspect it myself so who knows but ive never seen one with that low of miles for that good of a price. and the damn thing was literally in my back yard :mad2:

as i typed this out the manager texted me again and said it had 2 previous owners and a clean carfax S.O.B. Oh well, win some ya lose some

Guittard22
03-29-2015, 11:01 AM
That happen to me a few times ... More will come around good luck in your search !

slickster
03-29-2015, 11:47 AM
It was posted on here a few days ago. Set up email notifications from cars.com and get the craigslist pro app for 1.99 not the free one. Sorry bout that spectra and lji ;)

MarauderMatt200
03-29-2015, 11:49 AM
i love my Marauder i just got, but i has 90k miles on it. i bought it with 88K and it cost me $11,000. This from what i have searched for seemed like a stupid deal. what makes it worse it was right here at home. No shipping fees nothing lol dang it

RF Overlord
03-29-2015, 12:48 PM
You didn't get a bad deal. We paid more than that for Phoebe with 87k in 2007 because we know the PO and it already had a number of mods we would have done to it anyway.

MarauderMatt200
03-29-2015, 07:49 PM
It was posted on here a few days ago. Set up email notifications from cars.com and get the craigslist pro app for 1.99 not the free one. Sorry bout that spectra and lji ;)

lol thanks. thats funny because after i missed this deal. I was thinking to myself i wonder if there is a way to get notifications on deals like these

Gerry24
03-29-2015, 07:52 PM
lol thanks. thats funny because after i missed this deal. I was thinking to myself i wonder if there is a way to get notifications on deals like these

Your always gonna have to be vigilant on these sites... That's what I do of I'm
Lookin for a part or a ride. :drive:

89TxDPSstang
03-29-2015, 08:01 PM
That sucks. Looks like from the Carfax that it spent it whole life across the Bay from you in Portland,

Tom

MarauderMatt200
03-30-2015, 12:19 PM
That sucks. Looks like from the Carfax that it spent it whole life across the Bay from you in Portland,

Tom

ouch, thanks for making it hurt worse lol

89TxDPSstang
03-30-2015, 09:00 PM
Didn't mean to. Just means the car didn't see much daylight in the past 12 years with 38 k miles.

Tom

MarauderMatt200
03-31-2015, 07:19 PM
ok so the person thaat wanted it from out of town backed out. the manager at the dealership called me at 3pm today and said heres my chance. He said come down right now and get it. I told him i couldnt i cant leave work till 5pm. he said its 1st come 1st serve. So what did i do. I sneaked out of the office and hauled ass to look at it. Then they tried the whole well we just did 3k worth of work to it so the boss is raising the price. (i called BS. They knew the interest it was bringing with all the calls) I couldnt drive the car because it was on the lift with the tires off. there was a dent on the fender. Nothing big and the rear seat was ripped. To me it looked like there was more than 34k miles on it. Being n a crunch for time to get bakc to work i passed on it. In the end i probably should have bought it. They had turned the rotors, flushed all fliuds and were putting new tires on it and they were going to honor the price of 9800. But being i just bought my Marauder i couldnt gamble on it at this time. Funds just arent there. Oh well maybe i made a mistake. Someone is about to enjoy her

88CuttyClassic
03-31-2015, 08:53 PM
I got mine last march with 60K but it only had 8k on 3 years prior amd 12k 2 years prior. Basically the guy who had it before me put on 48k in 2 years...all highway. Car was immaculate underneath. It popped up on a cars.com ad. The only reason reason i was looking was because i made an,offer the night before on a car in IL and the guy had someone coming 6 hours to look at it. I knew it was gonna sell , which it did, so i resumed my search that morning. So i saw the ad and called up and the salesman at the dealer ship said it was posted like 20 mintues before i called. There werent even , pics up yet so he texted me photos. I said im coming up now see you in 2 hours. Left work "sick", ran to the bank and grabbed a grand and headed to cleveland. So i get there and im waiting and waiting, turns out they were showing the car to someone random who showed up. I was pissed cause i drove all that way. Finally saw it . wasnt even prepped yet, it had just been traded in 2 days prior. Looked at the sales man and said im not leaving here until we make a deal. Got him down $500 beacuse it needed tires and i was out the door @$12,500. Came back the next day to pick it up. Previous owner had dropped of 4 steelies with 4 BRAND NEW snow tires that went with the car. Bonus!!

Sometimes you just gotta jump at them chances...work will be there tmw. Lol

Gerry24
03-31-2015, 10:27 PM
ok so the person thaat wanted it from out of town backed out. the manager at the dealership called me at 3pm today and said heres my chance. He said come down right now and get it. I told him i couldnt i cant leave work till 5pm. he said its 1st come 1st serve. So what did i do. I sneaked out of the office and hauled ass to look at it. Then they tried the whole well we just did 3k worth of work to it so the boss is raising the price. (i called BS. They knew the interest it was bringing with all the calls) I couldnt drive the car because it was on the lift with the tires off. there was a dent on the fender. Nothing big and the rear seat was ripped. To me it looked like there was more than 34k miles on it. Being n a crunch for time to get bakc to work i passed on it. In the end i probably should have bought it. They had turned the rotors, flushed all fliuds and were putting new tires on it and they were going to honor the price of 9800. But being i just bought my Marauder i couldnt gamble on it at this time. Funds just arent there. Oh well maybe i made a mistake. Someone is about to enjoy her

Matt, it shouldnt be that hard.. if it was meant to be it wouldve been easier and the car wouldve been ready for a test drive. I had an 08 MGM DTR with 35k.. i sold it and jumped on my 03 MM 300a w/156k for $6000 clean interior, needed paint and a few other things. but the deal feel in to place and i was like wow that was easy... so no worries:beer:

1Marauder
04-01-2015, 06:17 PM
There were not enough pictures of this car when I saw it on line. And no photo of the one side, so I expected (cynical much?) a dent on the hidden side. No photo of back seats(which are usually untouched) so again I expected as much. I was going to buy it over the phone AFTER they sent the photos but never got them.

This car didn't feel right to me. And how do you go from PDX to Austin?

Also no PHOTOs of engine? Portland rains non stop... RUST?

MarauderMatt200
04-01-2015, 07:40 PM
Portland? This car was in Gregory Portland, Texas which is right over the bridge from Corpus christi texas where i live. it needed some TLC. I was in a rush and the car didnt feel right to me either. Rear bumper was also down to the yellow where the M is. like they bumped something. Im sure it coulda been a great car for someone just wasnt feeling it

MarauderMatt200
04-01-2015, 08:00 PM
here is the same car now priced 2 grand higher from $9800 to $11,911 smh...they realized the attention it was recieving and jacked the price up.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=78412&endYear=2016&modelCode1=MARAUDER&showcaseOwnerId=0&startYear=1981&makeCode1=MERC&searchRadius=0&showcaseListingId=0&mmt=%5BMERC%5BMARAUDER%5B%5D%5 D%5B%5D%5D&listingId=396534657&Log=0

Gerry24
04-01-2015, 08:04 PM
here is the same car now priced 2 grand higher from $9800 to $11,911 smh...they realized the attention it was recieving and jacked the price up.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=78412&endYear=2016&modelCode1=MARAUDER&showcaseOwnerId=0&startYear=1981&makeCode1=MERC&searchRadius=0&showcaseListingId=0&mmt=%5BMERC%5BMARAUDER%5B%5D%5 D%5B%5D%5D&listingId=396534657&Log=0

DisclaimerNew Quoted price subject to change without notice to correct errors or omissions. Price may include manufacturer ("OEM") incentives which may expire at any time and are subject to OEM qualification criteria and may be contingent upon OEM finance company approval. See store for details. Quoted price does not include dealer documentary fee. Tax, tag, and registration fees not included. Standard features are based upon trim level. Accessories, options and color may vary. Used Subject to prior sale. Quoted price subject to change without notice to correct errors or omissions. Price may include manufacturer ("OEM") incentives which are subject to OEM qualification criteria and may be contingent upon OEM finance company approval. See store for details. Quoted price does not include dealer documentary fee. Tax, tag, and registration fees not included. Standard features are based upon trim level. Accessories, options and color may vary.

95ColdBird
04-01-2015, 09:53 PM
im always searching the web for stuff and i stumbled upon a black 2003 MARAUDER last night at 1:30am right here one mile from my house at a dealership (Autonation). Car had 34k miles and they were only asking $9800. So knowing they are closed on Sundays i had to go see it and strike a deal. So kissed the wife threw on some shoes and i hopped the gate and searched all over that huge lot looking for it. I came up empty. So i emailed them to call me. Just got the text that it sold yesterday. He said the car was nearly immaculate and they recieved calls from all over the US for it. Im so dissappointed. I was either going to flip that car or most likely keep it and sell the one i just got. Or hell keep both. I never got to inspect it myself so who knows but ive never seen one with that low of miles for that good of a price. and the damn thing was literally in my back yard :mad2:

as i typed this out the manager texted me again and said it had 2 previous owners and a clean carfax S.O.B. Oh well, win some ya lose some
I was looking at this same one to start out at, but since I can't move on anything till the 29th, it wouldn't have done me much good to call them about it. I almost thought I had something. They said a guy from Dallas was coming down and would be there any minute. He kept trying to sell me a Toyota and I just hung up after he said he would keep me "updated, but would love to put me in a new tundra"
Yeah, right.

NXSBOB
04-03-2015, 06:15 AM
Still for sale. Price went up from $9821 to $11,921
http://shop.autonationscioncorpuschri sti.com/Corpus-Christi/For-Sale/Used/Mercury/Marauder/
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?ownerId=5 0745726&searchRadius=0&listingId=396534657
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=97343