PDA

View Full Version : Newest Mod - Coming Jan 5th!

Slowpoke
12-29-2002, 10:51 PM
for those who have not checked the Chicagoland get-together thread; I have 'invented' a new Mod for your MM.

It does NOT make it go faster; nor improve gas mileage; in fact, it's about the craziest goofiest thing you could have ever thought of, except that I thought of it first.

'IT' is highly useful for all of us and you will find it an excellent addition to your vehicle.

I am debuting these at the Jan 5th Chicago get-together - with freebies to all in attendance.

The way I worked it out was that postage will cost about $2.00; the bubble pack envelope about $0.60. I am going to charge $5 for two of them; and $1 for every additional one. I guess most people will order 3 or 4. It is a consumable item and one should last a month or two under normal use. It takes many hours to create and manufacture these aside from the hours spent in re-creating and remastering the MM god's head logo and the MM type face, so I am really not making a profit on them. I just want to add some coolness to your daily use of the MM. The raw materials for 'IT' are cheap, but you need a special machine to finish it properly and some specialized knowledge to manufacture properly. Otherwise, I would not even ask for any money toward labor.

Still don't know what I am talking about?? Well, that's the kicker - it's meant to spure a little curiousity so that when I revel all next week, you slap yourself on the forehead and say, "what a cool idea, I gotta get me some of 'em".

Samples went out to to Logan and to White Knuckles; I expect they will report in a few days on this thread whether or not they think they will use 'it' and whether or not it would make a good addition to your MM. [Logan gave permission to sell them since it does not compete with the paid sponsors of the site] - I hope Logan and White Knuckles don't spoil the surprise!

I did not join this board to sell a product - it was only after I started using my new car I realized that it was missing something special that I needed. I made some up for myself and figured other would also benefit from this cool addition.

by the way; it does not hang from or attach to, any surface of the vehicle, nor is it an 'ID card' of any type.

guess away, but I don't think anyone will figure it out because it is so simple and most people will try to overthink it. However if you do guess; heck, I'll send you a few just for fun!

Just to make things interesting, pre-orders will be accepted at a cost of $4 for two. [$5 for 3; $6 for 4; etc].

I'll send them out and trust you for the $4 if you send me a complete mailing address before Jan 5th. [I wont mail them for a few days so the surprise is not ruined for everyone else]

oh, and just for fun, every fifth order before Jan 5th will be sent FREE. [I really will not be making ANY money on these!!

Have a spectacular New Year and don't go nuts trying to figure it all out!

-------------------------
s l o w p o k e

Murader03
12-30-2002, 01:53 AM
You've got private mail!

hd2805
12-30-2002, 04:42 AM
I'll try anything once....Have a great New Year!!!

TAF
12-30-2002, 06:07 AM
You have mail from me as well.

Slowpoke
12-30-2002, 07:17 AM
Thanks for the orders!!

To place your pre-release order at the discount price, send a "PM" [private message] to me with your complete mailing address. All orders will be mailed on Jan 4th.

Macon Marauder
12-30-2002, 10:44 AM
More private mail coming at you!

Slowpoke
12-30-2002, 10:47 AM
got a bunch of pre-orders -- Thanks!!

slowpoke

Slowpoke
12-31-2002, 01:00 PM
If you intend to pre-order, PLEASE include complete mailing address and quantity desired.

Thanks

slowpoke

LincMercLover
12-31-2002, 02:51 PM
Are they X-Ray glasses? So we can see what the other guy has under the hood before we race? :confused:

How many do you think we'll want? I'd like to order, but you scare me! LOL, JK! :D

chapel1
12-31-2002, 03:30 PM
I know what it is!!!!!!!!!!!
IS IT A " A GET OUT OF JAIL CARD"!

LincMercLover
12-31-2002, 03:31 PM
LMAO! Then I better order A LOT! :D

Logan
12-31-2002, 03:45 PM
bwahahha! I got mine today... You should all be jealous. Pretty cool. I like em. :)

Slowpoke
12-31-2002, 04:39 PM
it's not a get out of jail free card
it's not a deodorizer
it's not sunglasses
it's not a decal or membership card.

But Logan got some and he thought they were cool! White Knuckles got them too but he's too busy to comment..probably out driving around.

get them while you can, except those coming to the Chicago Chicken Conclave on Sunday.

Slowpoke

SergntMac
12-31-2002, 04:49 PM
c l e v e r p o k e...

White Knuckles
12-31-2002, 07:18 PM
Thanks Slowpoke:D Got mine yesterday but I've been away from computer. Yesterday was too nice a day and I was out playing on my other toy----the two-wheeled kind.

Bigdogjim
12-31-2002, 07:58 PM
Slowpoke: Do I need one in BIG size? (hahaha) I'm in, check your private mail. Thanks?
Big Dog

jefferson-mo
12-31-2002, 08:17 PM
IS it bigger than a bread box?

Slowpoke
01-02-2003, 05:11 PM
I said every fifth pre-order would be shipped free -- so far there are two free orders going out.....

Bob Mathis, and
Mike Eaton

I will mail them all out on Saturday.

slowpoke

Mikeenh
01-02-2003, 05:53 PM
Slowpoke,
Very COOL :cool: . I was a 5th and free, but I'm sending you cash anyway to invest in another HOT :flamer: MM item. All you MM owners NEED at least one of these.
Thanks Rick

LincMercLover
01-02-2003, 07:53 PM
Just get me the best of what you got, and how ever many you think my ride needs!:coolman:

Slowpoke
01-05-2003, 02:43 PM
The slowpoke mod now unveiled.......

How often do you need to write something down when you are in your car? These nifty NOTEPADS are custom designed to fit exactly in the overhead compartment [in the sunglass thing]. The are printed with the god's head logo and roughly 75 sheets or so and grey in color.

Every person who has seen them has said 'boy, those sure are neat!'

Hurry up and get 'em while I got 'em.

$5 for two; $1 each additional. Postage included.

Just send me your complete mailing address and they will go in the mail together with an invoice.

I gave some away at the Chicago get-together... they sure seemed to like them!

slowpoke

Bigdogjim
01-05-2003, 03:07 PM
What a great idea! Never would have though of that. Happy I got my order in already. Much better than a notepad in the glovebox.
A BIG thank you Slowpoke. :rock: :rock:

Big Dog :banana: :banana2:

ps: Sorry I miss the Chicago get-together sitting here in Pa. watching the snow fall.

gonzo50
01-05-2003, 03:21 PM
I hope I'm not to late to order me some of those nifty note pads, sorry I couldn't get with you earlier. My e-mail is listed and if possible, I would like three of them. Thanks.

TAF
01-05-2003, 04:24 PM
Looking forward to receiving my order. That is a GREAT idea....now I guess the "boys from the South" need to come up with something as creative as you Windy City boys...

UncleLar
01-05-2003, 04:47 PM
Is there any truth to the rumor these are treated with a "dreaded Sable" repellant?

Bob Mathis
01-05-2003, 06:32 PM
Thanks Slowpke I cann't wait to get mine and se them.

Slowpoke
01-05-2003, 07:37 PM
Here is a photo of the notepads

---slowpoke

LincMercLover
01-05-2003, 09:47 PM
Hmm... but I use my sunglasses slot... :(

Slowpoke
01-05-2003, 09:53 PM
dont worry, there is still room for the notepads behind your sunglasses!

slowpoke

Bigdogjim
01-05-2003, 10:44 PM
Slowpoke: Tanks for the picture. Most times it is the simple thing that give us joy. I would have never ever thought of it. :beer: Thanks again.

Big Dog :lol: :banana: :banana2:

Bob Mathis
01-07-2003, 06:02 PM
Thanks Slowpoke, got mine today, they are great.

Macon Marauder
01-08-2003, 06:17 AM
Yeah, very cool! Checks in the mail.

MAD-3R
01-08-2003, 07:00 AM
Ditto: Check went out yesterday.