PDA

View Full Version : Horse chase beating

MMBLUE
04-14-2015, 12:08 AM
http://www.newsadvance.com/news/national/wire/video-shows-california-deputies-beating-man-fleeing-on-horse/article_11f9aab0-01b8-51a9-b523-85f3b892350b.html

I must admit, very disturbing. Recently a lot of police bullying / shooting incidents. Making the right level headed responsible leadership decisions seems to be missing. Yeah, I get it, broke the law, ran away, yada, yada, yada, it doesn't justify police brutality. We should be more civil than this. I realize this is going to cause a lot of debate here because of LEO membership but, police state here we come. What is this turning into :confused:

camelgrundle
04-14-2015, 03:52 AM
Sometimes under adrenaline you do stupid things. Also it's only going to get worse, cops are hated and only a select few want to do the job then you get paid garbage man salary. And idiots video tape everything now and think the GED they have is from a law school. Yes some cops are bad but we are lucky it only happens to dumb people breaking the law like evading. Travel to Russia might change your mind. I'm not knocking you. And punishment for LEO's is more prevalent now which is good. I blame dumb people or dumb LEO's lol.

J-MAN
04-14-2015, 04:07 AM
I thought they hung horse thieves. Seems as though he got off easy.

RF Overlord
04-14-2015, 06:15 AM
"Pusok has a slew of vehicle code violations and pleaded no contest to several criminal charges, including multiple instances of resisting arrest, attempted robbery, animal cruelty and fighting or offensive words, according to San Bernardino County Superior Court records.

McMahon said deputies had previously been called to Pusok's home when he allegedly made threats to kill a deputy and fatally shot a family puppy in front of family members. "We were very familiar with his aggressive nature," McMahon said."

I don't condone unnecessary violence, but this guy deserved what he got.

MMBLUE
04-14-2015, 07:52 AM
"Pusok has a slew of vehicle code violations and pleaded no contest to several criminal charges, including multiple instances of resisting arrest, attempted robbery, animal cruelty and fighting or offensive words, according to San Bernardino County Superior Court records.

McMahon said deputies had previously been called to Pusok's home when he allegedly made threats to kill a deputy and fatally shot a family puppy in front of family members. "We were very familiar with his aggressive nature," McMahon said."

I don't condone unnecessary violence, but this guy deserved what he got.

I don't either but, it still doesn't justify vigilante justice under the auspices of the badge. We are, or should be more civil than that. When he was CLEARLY submitting to the authorities, they would just keep on beating him for NO apparent reason. THAT, is a culture that needs to end.

Ms. Denmark
04-14-2015, 09:20 AM
No, you're so depraved you shoot a helpless puppy...better be glad the cops dealt with you, not me! :mad2:

BTW yes, we do have many members in law enforcement here. I am grateful for what they do day in and day out. It's a tough job and I'm glad they're on it. These high profile cases get a lot of attention and maybe rightfully so. Given the total lack of humanity shown by some criminals, it's impressive that most cops manage to restrain themselves to the degree they do. I gotta give them a lot of credit. I could never do it.

Mr. Man
04-14-2015, 09:38 AM
Shooting puppies, cops should have shot him on the spot and buried his useless ass in the desert. POS got what he deserved.

super3960
04-14-2015, 10:22 AM
I never thought I'd see the day that Police were now the enemy. Sad days for sure.

Lowndex
04-14-2015, 10:28 AM
I thought they hung horse thieves. Seems as though he got off easy.

I agree. Texas justice should have applied.

Pat
04-14-2015, 11:10 AM
Yes, to all of the above.

fastblackmerc
04-14-2015, 11:13 AM
Yes, to all of the above.

+ 1,000!!!!!!

Badass_forever
04-14-2015, 02:11 PM
If you really want the answer to if police are out of control, watch this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRd5oucG114

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRd5oucG114

Marauderjack
04-14-2015, 02:59 PM
What we have here is a MAJOR media problem.......they stir the pot and sensationalize EVERYTHING!!:argue::mad2:

Fastbob
04-14-2015, 03:29 PM
Although the police did something they probably should not have, the guy that took the video ought to have his bag cut off. Just my opinion as a former LEO.

Gerry24
04-14-2015, 04:42 PM
When you are in a position of authority, you have to put it in your head that you are being recorded PERIOD. Remember the badge signifies PUBLIC TRUST... All the hurdles and polygraphs and all other tests agencies give, in my opinion is not meeting the standards...

sailsmen
04-14-2015, 08:32 PM
The "problem" is not the Officers, the Problem is what we are ordering them to do.

The Police training has gone from "Protect and Serve" to Shoot and give us the answers. It started with SWAT and as the militarization of the Police continues Public Safety above all has been replaced by Officer Safety above all. I believe this is a direct result of the War on Drugs, excuse me the War on People.

There are over 300,000 Federal Laws with 3,800 new Regulations that carry the weight of law issued each year in addition to the 150,000+ State Laws!

Per the WSJ - Boston civil-liberties lawyer Harvey Silverglate calls his new book "Three Felonies a Day," referring to the number of crimes he estimates the average American now unwittingly commits because of vague laws.

25% of our youth has been arrested for a non traffic related offense.
Per Wiki In October 2013, the incarceration rate of the United States of America was the highest in the world, at 716 per 100,000 of the national population. While the United States represents about 4.4 percent of the world's population, it houses around 22 percent of the world's prisoners.

It is now more "efficient" for Gov't to tell us what to do in lieu of what not to do.

MMBLUE
04-14-2015, 10:50 PM
When you are in a position of authority, you have to put it in your head that you are being recorded PERIOD. Remember the badge signifies PUBLIC TRUST... All the hurdles and polygraphs and all other tests agencies give, in my opinion is not meeting the standards...

Thank you :bows: Exactly.

Mr. Man
04-15-2015, 10:35 AM
Amazes me that at shift change it isn't standard procedure to remind officers going on shift to assume they are being taped no matter where they are.