PDA

View Full Version : SS Titanium Bumper Inserts

Architect
04-17-2015, 07:42 AM
Got my rear bumper hit in parking lot...:( just enough to need repainting.
I need to remove the undamaged inserts before the shop removes and repaints the bumper. I am open for all helpful hints on how to go about this procedure. I was hoping that there might be a solvent that would loosen them and then maybe pull fishing leader down behind them to separate them from the bumper. Also if worse comes to worse are they still available and who from?
Thanks, Architect

MOTOWN
04-17-2015, 07:44 AM
A heat gun , and a lil patience!

fastblackmerc
04-17-2015, 07:45 AM
Got my rear bumper hit in parking lot...:( just enough to need repainting.
I need to remove the undamaged inserts before the shop removes and repaints the bumper. I am open for all helpful hints on how to go about this procedure. I was hoping that there might be a solvent that would loosen them and then maybe pull fishing leader down behind them to separate them from the bumper. Also if worse comes to worse are they still available and who from?
Thanks, Architect

Use some Goof Off. Try to get some fishing line behind the letters to pry them off while adding Goof Off behind the letters. Go slow, take your time and you'll do OK.

They are still available.

I have a new set in gold polished SS if your interested.

Architect
04-17-2015, 02:16 PM
A heat gun , and a lil patience!
Might work...I'll give it some thought...Thanks, Architect

Architect
04-17-2015, 02:21 PM
Use some Goof Off. Try to get some fishing line behind the letters to pry them off while adding Goof Off behind the letters. Go slow, take your time and you'll do OK.

They are still available.

I have a new set in gold polished SS if your interested.
Good idea too...
Your Marauder and mine are almost identical...wheels, trim, etc... so why in the world do you have a set of GOLD letters ...:dunno:.....:D
Thanks, Architect

Mebot
04-17-2015, 02:27 PM
The gold inserts look best on a DTR imho

Can't stop the signal

fastblackmerc
04-17-2015, 04:09 PM
Good idea too...
Your Marauder and mine are almost identical...wheels, trim, etc... so why in the world do you have a set of GOLD letters ...:dunno:.....:D
Thanks, Architect

Got them as part of a trade.

Anthony84
04-17-2015, 04:22 PM
For the right price I'd try the gold on my DTR; but my OCD tells me I'd like silver/chrome better to match everything else...

At the OP; could they just mask them very well off before paint?

88CuttyClassic
04-17-2015, 07:33 PM
Who ever hit you..their insurance should pay for new letters because they need to be removed to paint the bumper. Mine got hit last year. I showed them a reciept for my letletters and they added it on to the estimate. Buy new set and stick the old ones on a tool box

fastblackmerc
04-18-2015, 05:36 AM
;)
For the right price I'd try the gold on my DTR; but my OCD tells me I'd like silver/chrome better to match everything else...

PM me your "right" price.

Architect
04-18-2015, 06:10 PM
Got them as part of a trade.
OK you are forgiven.. :D

Architect
04-18-2015, 06:14 PM

This is a very good body shop... used by several the of the line dealers ...
They said it would not meet their standards for a finished product...
I might have to agree... how to properly prep the product with the inserts still in place...?

Architect
04-18-2015, 06:16 PM
Who ever hit you..their insurance should pay for new letters because they need to be removed to paint the bumper. Mine got hit last year. I showed them a reciept for my letletters and they added it on to the estimate. Buy new set and stick the old ones on a tool box
This was what I found when I left the theater... "Hit and Run"...a quality kind of person....:rolleyes:

Architect
04-27-2015, 11:34 AM
They hit my car and then left the scene... :mad:

88CuttyClassic
04-29-2015, 08:07 PM
That sucks man. I had an honest guy come into the post office and said he hit a black car..i was praying it was the caddy but i know my bad luck lol.