PDA

View Full Version : voodoo economics

Pat
04-17-2015, 05:36 PM
News media today reports that Ford is going to spend $5 Billion on manufacturing in Mexico, GM is going to spend $1 Billion, VW, Toyota and other main Auto manufacturers are doing the same. Why? Cheap labor.

Since our economy in the US is mostly service and not manufacturing and the auto is a key ingredient, then why isn't the cost of cars much lower?

Why are Mexicans poring across our common border when jobs at higher wages (for Mexico) are booming?

This is backwards, Americans should be going to Mexico for jobs at higher than US minimum wage.

justbob
04-17-2015, 05:52 PM
Blame it on the unions! It's "always" the fault at hand...

When your done, you can thank them for your 8 hr work day, breaks, and a hundred other labor laws..

Builder Of Badassery

sailsmen
04-17-2015, 07:01 PM
With over 300,000 Federal Laws, over 3,000 new Federal Regulations issued per year and over 84,000 EPA regulations it will take decades to answer your question.

WPG_Merc
04-17-2015, 07:30 PM
Maybe make Mexico the 52 US State,Then they have to comply with Federal Regulations.:D

sailsmen
04-17-2015, 07:41 PM
Maybe make Mexico the 52 US State,Then they have to comply with Federal Regulations.:D

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

MMBLUE
04-17-2015, 11:00 PM
Exactly, UNIONS stink.

teamrope
04-19-2015, 09:39 PM
Then they would move farther south.

Mike D Mechanic
04-20-2015, 05:45 PM
If you made Mexico 52nd state who would be 51st China ?? Lets get rid of all unions once and for all ! Then we can have 1%er's and minimum wage workers to do their work. Which is what capitalist's want anyways. :alone: thank you for allowing me to express my opinion :eek:

sailsmen
04-20-2015, 08:12 PM
And our previous Capitalist System created the largest amount of wealth for the largest number of people while freeing the largest number of people from tyranny in the history of man.

What Capitalist want to do is make money and in a largely free market when they do they create wealth for many in the process.

What Crony Capitalist do is use a highly regulated system controlled by a powerful Gov't to guarantee they make money by favoring those in Gov't who are in power.

MGDriver
04-21-2015, 12:12 AM
I can't really comment on this particular matter but I can tell you it's the same scenario in Europe, manufacturing jobs are being outsourced to Eastern Europe and yet we get all the Eastern Europeans pour into Western Europe.