PDA

View Full Version : Why!?

Fourth Horseman
04-30-2004, 09:36 AM
Why do I never have any money when I really need it!?

Somebody buy me this (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6169&item=2476638494&rd=1)

Dan
04-30-2004, 09:59 AM
Ummmm, NO. :P

woaface
04-30-2004, 10:00 AM
Cool, but the interior gives me that impression of a wallowing pig...you know, slushy in the corners? The outside looks great, but the interior doesn't inspire performance confidence.

Besides, it's got a week or so left, that bid will jump up real quick towards the end...

But it IS a pretty color...

Fourth Horseman
04-30-2004, 10:03 AM
Hehe. Have you tried cornering a Marauder quickly? I slide out of those seats in a hurry. :)

woaface
04-30-2004, 11:03 AM
Never said the Marauder was perfect, but it sure looks a lot more perfect:beer:

Yeah, thanks rub it in, NO I HAVEN'T DRIVEN A MARAUDER!!!:shot:

duhtroll
04-30-2004, 11:41 AM
Wow - nice car and in a cool color too.

-A

Fourth Horseman
04-30-2004, 12:21 PM
Wow - nice car and in a cool color too.

-A

Yup, it's exactly what I want in a '96 Impalla SS. And it's pretty close to me, too. Low milage. Perfect. I passed on getting one of these back in '96 when they were new and I've been kicking myself ever since.

DL04
04-30-2004, 12:38 PM
Hehe. Have you tried cornering a Marauder quickly? I slide out of those seats in a hurry. :)
Get a dead pedal- it really helps keep you planted :up:

Bigdogjim
04-30-2004, 12:58 PM
Yup, it's exactly what I want in a '96 Impalla SS. And it's pretty close to me, too. Low milage. Perfect. I passed on getting one of these back in '96 when they were new and I've been kicking myself ever since.

Well now is our chance:)

I sure you can unload the Marauder?

Dream car?

Strike while the iron is hot:)

duhtroll
04-30-2004, 01:28 PM
Just for a lark I checked autotrader.com and they have lots of these cars for sale right now. A couple with under 10K on them within a couple hundred miles of me - so they obviously aren't too hard to find as I found a dozen of these within one search.

Looks like the MM will be more rare. Of course who knows if that matters given the return to RWD we are seeing.

-A

merc406
04-30-2004, 02:09 PM
Still looks like a bath tub, but a very nice tub indeed. :rock: :rasta:

NOMARQUIS
04-30-2004, 02:37 PM
A guy I work with has a 95 (I think) Same color. BTW would a stock MM smoke a stock Impala SS? He wants to run 'em.

Nice looking car for a 1996.

Eric

stevengerard
04-30-2004, 02:45 PM
A guy I work with has a 95 (I think) Same color. BTW would a stock MM smoke a stock Impala SS? He wants to run 'em.

Nice looking car for a 1996.

Eric

I always liked these and wanted one - until I test drove one 2 years ago. Cool looking outside - a normal taxi on the inside. And my 04 MM is much quicker seat of the paints than the SS That is what I was most disappointed in, yet with aftermarket stuff - I've heard many have been turned into great cars.

I slide a lot in my MM too, the dead pedal and a 4 point harness will help a lot.

Fourth Horseman
04-30-2004, 03:59 PM
Eric

I've never raced one, but my understanding is that the SS is quicker off the line, but that the MM is a touch quicker in the quarter. My guess is that's due to the SS having more low-end torque, and our horsepower advantage, respectively. This is stock of course. That said, however, there are a ton of great after market mods for the SS and it's 350 engine. Most of the enthusiasts' SSes that I've seen are pretty bad-arse. We're getting there, though. More goodies to buy all the time.
:rock:

RCSignals
04-30-2004, 08:06 PM
a little too much leather polish huh Fourth... :)

RCSignals
04-30-2004, 08:11 PM
If you must have one, a '96 is the best one to have IMO. It's also the year GM figured out how to put a floor shift in them.

HwyCruiser
04-30-2004, 08:43 PM
Why do I never have any money when I really need it!?

Somebody buy me this (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6169&item=2476638494&rd=1)

"Get low monthly payments"... just ride around with a Pizza Hut sign during weekends and she'll pay for herself!

MapleLeafMerc
04-30-2004, 09:21 PM
I've never raced one, but my understanding is that the SS is quicker off the line, but that the MM is a touch quicker in the quarter. My guess is that's due to the SS having more low-end torque, and our horsepower advantage, respectively. This is stock of course. That said, however, there are a ton of great after market mods for the SS and it's 350 engine. Most of the enthusiasts' SSes that I've seen are pretty bad-arse. We're getting there, though. More goodies to buy all the time.
:rock:

I loved my 96 SS (w/flr shift RC ;)) in DGGM. I think the picture might be a DCM 96. It was faster off the line than my Marauder, but was 'plainer' inside. I still believe that there's room in the heavyweight corral for both!

JGaignat
04-30-2004, 09:41 PM

Exactly what you said Fourth!! Got mad at the dealer, ended up with a Blazer :cry:

Fourth Horseman
05-01-2004, 09:40 PM
Oh well, I still owe quite a bit on my Marauder so I won't be adding anything to the stable anytime soon. I need to start buying lottery tickets. :)

Constable
05-02-2004, 10:09 AM
One of my best friends has owned a 96 SS since he got his license. The car has 135,000 miles on it now and can still run consistent 15.1's all day long. The only mod is a K&N panel filter.

I reaced him several times when my MM was still stock. At that time, he had about 120,000 miles on it and would take me off the line everytime.

The LT1's in those cars were choked up from the factory and only rated at 260 hp. With headers / exhaust, intake, gears, chip, torque converter I've seen SS's running low to mid-13's... same as a MM.

I've loved these cars for a long time... I will own one after the MM is retired.

RCSignals
05-02-2004, 01:34 PM
I've loved these cars for a long time... I will own one after the MM is retired.
Better not wait that long. by the time your mm is ready for retirement the Impala SS s left will be very long in the tooth

teamrope
05-02-2004, 03:01 PM
I have herd rumors that there are a few WILDLY moded (non-street able) trailer queens out there that are running 9's in the 1320. :eek:

I wonder what our cars will be doing in 8 to 10 years.:)

woaface
05-02-2004, 03:19 PM
I have herd rumors that there are a few WILDLY moded (non-street able) trailer queens out there that are running 9's in the 1320. :eek:

I wonder what our cars will be doing in 8 to 10 years.:)

NEW FROM MERCURY! BRINGING BACK THE PAST!

THE ALL NEW 2014 Mercury Marauder! 450hp/420lb-ft of torque

SuperCharged Version with 515hp/500lb-ft of torque

Is that wild enough?:baaa: