PDA

View Full Version : The "Crown Vic Effect" - My 1st provable break

Dan
04-30-2004, 10:24 AM
I was at a meeting on Wednesday night with my 4X4 club. We have the meeting at a local gun dealer and shooting range. After the meeting a close friend of mine wanted a run in the MM so I obliged. He drives a new Stang and wanted to comare. It was after dark.

Of course, as we are leaving, a bunch of the other guys want to see a little burnout action. Since I knew that I could take advantage of the posi effect while pulling out of the drive and turing on to the road I obliged for just long enough to get into the lane and then backed right off of the throttle.

As soon as I am done and in my lane he says, "Oh, *****! There's a cop there. You're gonna get a ticket!" When I saw the cop he had his breaklights on and his car was in motion but the, as soon as we went passed he just stopped and didn't move another inch.

My friend could not believe it. He said that if it were him he would probably had gotten several tickets for that.

I don't ever plan to take advantage of it but it sure is nice when stuff like that happens. I just love my Marauder!

Best,

Dan

BillyGman
05-03-2004, 09:42 AM
I was about to say that it happens to me too, but now that I think of it, it's usually in the day time when it happens, and it might have something to do w/the shield that my brother gave me which I've attached to the License plate.

Dan
05-03-2004, 01:29 PM
What kind of shield? Is it one of those mini badges? If so, let me know. I know where I can get those.

Do you get asked about it? What do you say?

Best,

Dan

BillyGman
05-03-2004, 07:43 PM
It's the shield that you can get from a police officer. My brother's on the force. It's silver, about the size of a silver dollar, and has a stem on it w/a mounting hole to be screwed onto the license plate frame, so that other officers can see it when they're driving behind you. I think that you would either have to have family on the force to get one, or be a really close friend of an officer, because as far as I know, it's only an officer that you can get one from

Dan
05-03-2004, 09:02 PM
Nice. I wish I could be so lucky. :)