PDA

View Full Version : The 16 Best Beer Cities in America

fastblackmerc
05-03-2015, 08:12 AM
Asheville, N.C. is #16

http://www.thrillist.com/drink/nation/best-beer-cities-in-america

jwibbity
05-03-2015, 08:29 AM
Ashville and Grand Rapids are #1 and #2 for the most micro breweries or something like that

ace2184
05-03-2015, 09:59 AM
I almost feel guilty living so close to Seattle and relatively close to Portland and drinking Rainier. :rolleyes:

Mebot
05-03-2015, 10:49 AM
I concur with the list and the respective cities in relation to where they help drive the craft beer movement.

But coming from Washington DC/Virginia, I still have an affinity for those east coast breweries and I will champion their cause as much as possible. There's been a lot of change in the legal system before we moved to Seattle and a lot of breweries were starting to open up in Virginia. And it's refreshing. You can totally see the way that Virginia is following in the footsteps of Denver, Seattle, and Portland. I think in a couple years when they do this list, you'll find cities like Cleveland and Asheville higher on the list and smaller cities in Virginia cracking the list for the first time.

But of course this list is subjective to a point. Meaning, there are great craft breweries all over the U.S.. so don't take what a magazine article tells you. Go out and find a small local brewery and support the hell of it.

Can't stop the signal...

Ms. Denmark
05-03-2015, 12:28 PM
For a small California town, Paso Robles has some great micro and not so micro breweries; the larger operation, Firestone-Walker makes a bunch of good beers (805 being my favorite but you can only get it in area code 805) and then a very small operation, Barrel House Brewing Company. Both have tours and tasting rooms, great live music in the evening. If you're out in the Central Coast it's worth the trip.

ARodmarauder
05-03-2015, 01:10 PM
For a small California town, Paso Robles has some great micro and not so micro breweries; the larger operation, Firestone-Walker makes a bunch of good beers (805 being my favorite but you can only get it in area code 805) and then a very small operation, Barrel House Brewing Company. Both have tours and tasting rooms, great live music in the evening. If you're out in the Central Coast it's worth the trip.

I agree I'm am from the central coast and there are a bunch of new local breweries opening up on our area. I can't wait for are local brew fest this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mebot
05-03-2015, 01:10 PM
+1 to Firestone Walker. Their sticky monkey Belgian is one of the best American quadruple I've ever had

Can't stop the signal...

Mebot
05-03-2015, 09:10 PM
Here's a better article on types of IPAs to try

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2015/04/blind-tasting-116-of-the-best-american-ipas-we-hav.html?a=1

Can't stop the signal...

jwibbity
05-03-2015, 09:25 PM
How the hell can you guys drink IPA's!?!? The aftertaste is the worst thing ever created!!:puke:

Curless
05-04-2015, 06:13 AM
Grand Rapids is #1 for Micro brews, I just wish I liked beer!

Zack
05-04-2015, 09:10 AM
Craft beer Is no longer craft beer, since every corner seems to have a craft brewery.