PDA

View Full Version : Chase Elliott Nascar

MMBLUE
05-06-2015, 07:14 AM
This kid is making a HUGE mistake taking Jeff Gordon's #24 for his number. He already started a race this year with the 25 which has historically been a Hendrick number with no one ever standing out enough to be saddled with that's (fill in the blank's) old number. By taking Gordon's number he'll never be his own person making his own history. He'll always be compared to Gordon and his success. And, if he ever has a successful career, it'll never match Gordon's and he'll always be under his shadow. I'm not sure who is filling this kids head up with " this is a good idea fairy stuff " but, it isn't. BAD IDEA FOLKS :confused: Whatcha ya'll thinking ?

fastblackmerc
05-06-2015, 07:16 AM
Stopped "caring" about NASCAR back in the 80's.

RF Overlord
05-06-2015, 08:57 AM
Yeah, when they started letting Toyotas in...

"The Redneck Wreck-fest."

vkirkend
05-06-2015, 11:13 AM
I really don't see the problem. It's the man and not the number that has the accomplishments. Same as other sports.

Marauderman
05-06-2015, 11:23 AM
I QUIT CARING AFTER DALE...............GONE DOWN HILL EVER SINCE.....WAY TO MUCH COMMERCIALIZION..NO MORE "LITTLE MAN" AS SUNG BY ALAN JACKSON ANYMORE.........carry on

Blk Mamba
05-07-2015, 05:41 AM
They don't say it about Austin Dillon in the 3 so I don't think that it'll be that bad, on a side note, Dale Jr. has the best developmental driver program in NASCAR.

CHSurvivor
05-07-2015, 06:28 AM
Junior drove the #8 which was his grand fathers number.
I can see your point, its like giving a rookie the #99 in hockey....

MMBLUE
05-07-2015, 06:39 AM
They don't say it about Austin Dillon in the 3 so I don't think that it'll be that bad, on a side note, Dale Jr. has the best developmental driver program in NASCAR.

You're right they don't. Although, it's been quite some time since SR has passed. Besides, RC had that # when he drove I think? Or, was it #2? IDK?

Austin Dillion Stinks. He'll never be a factor. He has a small bit of talent but $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ got him in the sport. That's all it takes.

MMBLUE
05-07-2015, 06:42 AM
Junior drove the #8 which was his grand fathers number.
I can see your point, its like giving a rookie the #99 in hockey....

Yup, or giving someone number 77 on the Bruins :help:

MarauderCyclone
05-08-2015, 02:45 AM
He might be stepping in to Jeff's ride but he'll likely like Dale junior , be measured against his dad's accomplishments?

Does any measure Brad K's driving the #2 Ford against Rusty Wallace's accomplishments?

Time moves on....people have short memories for the most part....that's why they don't retire numbers , they's run out too quickly if they did.

MMBLUE
05-08-2015, 02:54 AM
Does any measure Brad K's driving the #2 Ford against Rusty Wallace's accomplishments?

Time moves on....people have short memories for the most part....that's why they don't retire numbers , they's run out too quickly if they did.

You have a great point. :beer: However, Rusty can't hold a stick to Gordons accomplishments( I'm so anti Gordon to begin with. His nick-name to me is "the whiner"). Besides Kurt Busch stepped in after Rusty and Brad is a long time removed from Rusty's seat.

MarauderCyclone
05-09-2015, 12:53 AM
You have a great point. :beer: However, Rusty can't hold a stick to Gordons accomplishments( I'm so anti Gordon to begin with. His nick-name to me is "the whiner"). Besides Kurt Busch stepped in after Rusty and Brad is a long time removed from Rusty's seat.

Kurt Busch's accomplishments weren't all that for Roger Penske , so I just skipped the reference for simplicity sake.

I'm with you. I'm no Jeff Gordon fan either. The way he screwed over Ford after they spent huge money on his GN Series development in the Carolina Ford Owners Association car , then the Baby Ruth car and along comes Hendrick offering up a deal and Ford whom took him in didn't even get an opportunity to make a competative offer against Hendrick/GM.

Right now I'm so disillusioned with Roush/Fenway I can hardly speak.

Thank God Penske came back to Ford. The return to Ford has been good for both parties..and has elevated all in the Blue Oval except Roush/Fenway.

They have certinly dropped the ball and have no clue as to where to find it.