PDA

View Full Version : Need some advise please

sam
05-06-2015, 02:12 PM
Hello every one.

I have a question if you guys can help.
Im thinking about getting a Taurus SHO.
Any one have any experiences with that car? I love the fact its AWD and its got
2 turbos. ANyone know of reliable it is?
I have always been a Ford guy

TIA

Bluerauder
05-07-2015, 09:28 AM
Im thinking about getting a Taurus SHO.
Any one have any experiences with that car? I love the fact its AWD and its got
2 turbos. Anyone know of reliable it is?

I have a 2012 Taurus SHO as a daily driver. It is nice and I enjoy driving it. So far after 3 years and nearly 40K miles, there has never been a problem. However, the battery died last Thanksgiving with only about 2.5 years on it. Since it is the same battery as the MM (Motorcraft BXT-65-650), I figured that it was just a bad one to start with (luck of the draw so to speak).

Plenty of power and acceleration in the SHO with 365 HP/350 TQ. You can bump that to 400 HP with a Livernois tune.

Lots of nice features on the SHO not found on the MM (2012 vs 2003 technology).

The SHO trunk is huge and I'd estimate about 50% larger than the Marauder even with the rear seats up.

Some people don't like the higher center console or the hip/knee space on the SHO as compared to the MM/CV. I don't have a problem.

The only issue for me on the SHO is blindspots and all-round visibility. It just doesn't provide the "fishbowl" visibility of the MM. A rear view camera (standard with the SHO) is an absolute necessity because of the high rear end.

IMHO .... I like the badging and the honeycomb grill on the 2013 and Later SHO's. Unfortunately, they are NOT interchangeable. The 2012 SHO model year was a very limited 1,808 production as they were awaiting the introduction of the changes for 2013. I think that the year before (2011) and the year after (2013) production numbers were 6,000 or more.

sam
05-08-2015, 09:22 AM
Thank you sir.
New ones are just expensive. I might look for a used one thou.
Maintenance looks fairly easy on?

Bluerauder
05-08-2015, 03:45 PM
Thank you sir.
New ones are just expensive. I might look for a used one thou.
Maintenance looks fairly easy on?

I am not far from you across the river in Prince William County.

All my maintenance is done at the dealer and I bought the extended warranty coverage on this one. It was stickered at about $45K; but I got it for $37.5K.

The engine compartment is very crowded when compared to the accessibility of the Marauder engine compartment. My windshield washer reservoir developed at leak/crack about a year ago. The service department had to remove the front passenger wheel and part of the wheel well shroud to access the fluid reservoir since only the filler neck can be accessed from the top. The reservoir has to be inserted from below. So I would say that maintenance is significantly more difficult on the SHO just due to access areas.

Here's a pic of the MM with the SHO ...

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/medium/TwoCars0001.JPG

fastblackmerc
05-08-2015, 07:46 PM
I am not far from you across the river in Prince William County.

All my maintenance is done at the dealer and I bought the extended warranty coverage on this one. It was stickered at about $45K; but I got it for $37.5K.

The engine compartment is very crowded when compared to the accessibility of the Marauder engine compartment. My windshield washer reservoir developed at leak/crack about a year ago. The service department had to remove the front passenger wheel and part of the wheel well shroud to access the fluid reservoir since only the filler neck can be accessed from the top. The reservoir has to be inserted from below. So I would say that maintenance is significantly more difficult on the SHO just due to access areas.

Here's a pic of the MM with the SHO ...

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/medium/TwoCars0001.JPG

Bet you got taken to the "cleaners" on that repair. .... :D

Bluerauder
05-09-2015, 04:32 AM
Bet you got taken to the "cleaners" on that repair. .... :D

Bet I didn't because it was covered under warranty. :P It didn't cost me a dime for parts or labor. :D

The plastic bottle/reservoir has an integrated fluid pump so I'd guess that this would have been a $200-250 repair out of warranty. 1 hour labor and $150 in parts.