PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding Marauder parts

Bulldog5.0
05-07-2015, 07:31 AM
Sooooo,
I have a chance to get a Marauder.... not sure what year... It has 1XX,XXX ... motor has the timing chain slap going on, front and rear bumpers have no cracks, but the paint is messed up on the corners of each..... the cam covers are corroded looking and dirty engine compartment... but it does run..... interior is in good shape but someone stole the gauge pod out of it... trans was good when parked, but it has been sitting for almost a year.
The rear window has a hole busted in it.... and the air ride leaks.... other than that, it is in surprisingly good shape.... lol
No title....

My question is..... would it be hard to sell parts if I part it out? If so, how much could I get for most parts like the interior, the wheels, the trunk lid with spoiler, the headlights, bumpers, etc.... probably gonna keep the engine unless I get a silly offer for that.

The car is at a mechanic shop... the owner brought it in to have the timing chain issue, and the air bag issue fixed.... then decided they didn't have the money, left the car sit, the shop charged storage fees, etc... basically, the owner said keep it.... not the guy who runs the shop is considering selling it. without a title... and has zero interest in trying to get one for it.

Any info on part values would be greatly appreciated.....

Mebot
05-07-2015, 08:26 AM
I wouldn't part it out... Lot of that stuff can be fixed, but it will take some time and patience

Can't stop the signal...

rauder88
05-07-2015, 08:28 AM
Not sure about your state, but in Nebraska you can file for a lost title, takes a while but the owner gets sent 1 letter, then an certified letter, if no response after x amount of days you get the a title in the mail.

Shouldn't be hard to sell some of the stuff but shipping wheels bumpers and the other big stuff would be a huge PITA!!

If you do part it out, I would take the headlights and marker lights lol

Bulldog5.0
05-07-2015, 08:28 AM
I wouldn't part it out... Lot of that stuff can be fixed, but it will take some time and patience

Can't stop the signal...

I don't have the funds or time to fix it, plus go through the BS to get a title for it.... and if I don't get it to part out, he is gonna part it out himself....

Bulldog5.0
05-07-2015, 08:30 AM
Not sure about your state, but in Nebraska you can file for a lost title, takes a while but the owner gets sent 1 letter, then an certified letter, if no response after x amount of days you get the a title in the mail.

Shouldn't be hard to sell some of the stuff but shipping wheels bumpers and the other big stuff would be a huge PITA!!

If you do part it out, I would take the headlights and marker lights lol

My buddy wants the interior.... and the wheels I can sell locally.... wondering about the bumpers... the trunk lid with spoiler I can probably sell locally as well... the motor I could definitely sell locally if I don't keep it

and if I get it, I will sell you the headlightsand marker lights.... lol

Mebot
05-07-2015, 08:31 AM
Would make a nice project Marauder for a Coyote swap lulzwtf

Can't stop the signal...

Bulldog5.0
05-07-2015, 08:35 AM
Would make a nice project Marauder for a Coyote swap lulzwtf

Can't stop the signal...

lol..yes, yes it would... and if I have the money to do it, you know I would.... lol

ctrlraven
05-07-2015, 08:49 AM
My buddy wants the interior.... and the wheels I can sell locally.... wondering about the bumpers... the trunk lid with spoiler I can probably sell locally as well... the motor I could definitely sell locally if I don't keep it

and if I get it, I will sell you the headlightsand marker lights.... lol
Trunk lid doesn't have a spoiler on it.

Bulldog5.0
05-07-2015, 08:52 AM

Spoiler is in the car.... he took it out for pics...

Bulldog5.0
05-07-2015, 08:53 AM

BTW.... side question.... did you pick up your hood directly from Class Glass? Or did you have it shipped?

ctrlraven
05-07-2015, 09:11 AM
BTW.... side question.... did you pick up your hood directly from Class Glass? Or did you have it shipped?
I bought it from another member "ImpalaSlayer" who lives in DE.

Def go pick it up cause it will save you on shipping and possible damage during them shipping it since a lot of members have said they weren't packed too well.

Bulldog5.0
05-07-2015, 09:14 AM
I bought it from another member "ImpalaSlayer" who lives in DE.

Def go pick it up cause it will save you on shipping and possible damage during them shipping it since a lot of members have said they weren't packed too well.

That is the plan

RubberCtyRauder
05-07-2015, 10:13 AM
Front cover $400-500, rear cover $600-900+ all depends on repair and paint. Can buy new oem spoiler in primer for $200 ish

Spectragod
05-07-2015, 10:30 AM
I would pass on getting mixed up in anything with no ownership papers..... i.e. the title to the car. Just asking for problems. just my .02

Bulldog5.0
05-07-2015, 10:33 AM
The vin will be run before anything happens anyway

Motorhead350
05-08-2015, 12:14 AM
GET A TITLE AND DO NOT PART OUT.

My God!!!! Is anyone actually passionate about this car anymore or is everyone looking to make a buck!??!?!?!

WTF????

CoreyM75
05-08-2015, 05:52 PM
I couldn't see paying more than maybe 2500 if the interior looks better than the pictures. That engine bay is rough, and the lack of a title is something to be concerned about. You wouldn't want to start parting it out and have the owner raise a stink with the police. It's almost not worth the hassle without a clear title.

massacre
05-09-2015, 04:06 AM

My God!!!! Is anyone actually passionate about this car anymore or is everyone looking to make a buck!??!?!?!

WTF????

Put your money where your mouth is Dom and buy it!

OP, you'll sell all the parts it just might take a while lol.

Mebot
05-09-2015, 09:14 AM
OP, you'll sell all the parts it just might take a while lol.

This is very true. I'm still trying to sell parts from my old Marauder 3 years later. The big and rare stuff go fast and then you're left with a bunch of odds and ends...

Can't stop the signal...

LSp8
05-10-2015, 03:57 AM

WTF????

The passion is out the window as these cars get old as hell and parts become more and more scarce. 5 years ago myself and a bunch of others would've been all over this deal. Modern tech, nada/kbb, shrinking parts supply, and Time are a Marauder's worst enemy. Its a sad sign of the times. I never thought I'd be selling mines, nor take this long to sell and in good condition! Still a great car but even my 96 impala SS is worth more $$$$ than my ultra rare SB and everyone and their grandmother keeps trying to buy it and I won't budge.:violin:

Gerry24
05-10-2015, 12:17 PM
This is a hard one... The car is just sitting there collecting rust... Get a title, what do you have to lose???? Want to sell it all and not worry about taking it piece by piece.

rauder88
05-10-2015, 12:36 PM
It would make a great candidate for an LS swap :run:

LSp8
05-10-2015, 01:45 PM
It would make a great candidate for an LS swap :run:

That's the cheapest way to get a Ford moving :D

Gerry24
05-10-2015, 02:53 PM
What ^^^^^^^^ said...