PDA

View Full Version : A Note Of Thanks (EATC) Issues

MarauderCyclone
05-21-2015, 01:10 AM
First Off...I aplogize for not knowing whom posted the T/S Guide for the EATC...but God Bless You!

Last week my 2000 CV ( Performance/Handling Pkg) A/C System starting showing its A$$. The car was not blowing ambeint air on the Vent Setting , it was blowing pure warm air even in the calm of the evening.

The A/C wasn't blowing cold air. I jumpered the A/C so I could get the compressor to engage and receive a small dose of Stop Leak and Continue to service the R-134A to the prescribed level based on the ambient temperature at the time and the gauge readings. I'm assuming this is going to fix things , which on a car without EATC it would have in all likelihood.

Needless to say , I'm angry and going through thoughts of the Blend Door being stuck , but knowing I'm getting Air from all the commanded directions inputed , just Warm/Hot Air.

My thoughts turn to the EATC just being phugged up itself and doing a slow burn over the repair costs of that via a complete replacement or a repair that I've seen recomended here.

Some wonderful guy posted the EATC T/S and Scan Codes. I printed this off one night at work and I decided I'd give it a whirl and see what codes came up? To my surprise , the Lines made it's round and around without any codes poppping into the center of that window. So after a brief moment of prayer , I exited the self test mode as directed , then proceeded to turn the A/C on , and by God it works as well as it did 15 years ago and 84k miles later.

I just couldn't let my good fortune in all this slide by without thanking those of you whom take the time to post your insights and sometimes incredible strokes of geneous on this board. I know this wasn't an MM this time , but the way my luck runs at times , it could be the next one to fritz out...but at least I'm armed with a better starting point for the next issue.

Thanks Again,
Marauder Cyclone
Charlotte , NC

:beer: