PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack

ctrlraven
05-27-2015, 06:10 AM
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2015-dodge-charger-r-t-scat-pack-test-review

REAL TEMPTING for the price :burnout:

chief455
05-27-2015, 10:00 AM
oh, yes. I found zero dealers with any on order, near me. just curious, can't afford it now.

"It’s a 4300-pound muscle sedan with the moves of a 3500-pound pony-car coupe, kind of what we’d envision a four-door Mustang GT would be like were Ford to build one. "

sailsmen
05-27-2015, 10:27 AM
Best get a bumper to bumper Chrysler warranty for as long as you own it.

I rented a Chrysler the other day, very well engineered and built out of junk. Nothing has changed.

Examples - 1) Fuel filler door does not open all the way and feels like it is going to snap off. 2) Torque steer all the way thru a shift. 3) Fuse box breaks apart when I install a fuse. 4) Seat levers feel like uncooked spaghetti snapping off in your hand......................

tbone
05-27-2015, 10:33 AM
I've had 2 new Chrysler minivans, 2 new Dodge trucks, 1 new Daytona Shelby Z and they were all trustworthy machines. No major issues at all. Very few minor ones.

The worst vehicles I have ever owned were a new Ford Ranger STX, a new Pontiac Firebird Formula and a new Pontiac Transport, and a used 70k Chevy Blazer.

I know it's popular to bash Chrysler but I think most of it is unwarranted.

88CuttyClassic
05-27-2015, 10:55 AM
I know it's popular to bash Chrysler but I think most of it is unwarranted.
+100000000000000

Every mfg has reasons the engineers should be punched in the throat (why is the access to the MM passenger side fog light so stupid!!) but the constant Chrysler bashing is typical fan boy stuff. i'm a GM guy but i realized the value in the panther cars so i crossed over to buy a MM. In the same breath I think Mopar has the best muscle cars ever and thats coming from someone who owns a 70 GS stage 1. My family was an Oldsmobile household growing up, the last 6 cars have been 3 buicks and 3 mercurys.

Marauderjack
05-27-2015, 02:32 PM
I wish FORD would wake up and stop this ECOBOOST crap!!:mad2:

My neighbor bought an F-150 King Ranch (whatever that is?) and it SUX......not very powerful (4 wheel drive) and fuel mileage sux.....16 MPG on the Interstate!!:eek:

If FORD would "ECOBOOST" a 4.6 DOHC they might just compete with DODGE....for now.....NOPE!!:shake:

breeze
05-27-2015, 05:57 PM
Guy on challenger forum ran 11.98 and 11.89 in his scat pack. Charger is supposed to be more aerodynamic so should move quicker.

That 15hp bump and new 8speed transmission is no joke!

chief455
05-27-2015, 06:06 PM
Guy on challenger forum ran 11.98 and 11.89 in his scat pack. Charger is supposed to be more aerodynamic so should move quicker.

That 15hp bump and new 8speed transmission is no joke!
And this is old shool, no boost!
That's what keeps my attention.

LSp8
05-27-2015, 06:52 PM
oh, yes. I found zero dealers with any on order, near me. just curious, can't afford it now.

"It’s a 4300-pound muscle sedan with the moves of a 3500-pound pony-car coupe, kind of what we’d envision a four-door Mustang GT would be like were Ford to build one. "

Very Very Tempting. I almost ordered one but came to my senses. The regular RT is good enough for me at this point with everything else in life going on. You just can't beat a loaded full size sedan under 50k with 485hp @ the crank and an 8 speed behind it. Folks can hate on mopar all day but the truth is in the sales. You don't see Taurus SHOs on back order. Dealers are even backed up on Scat Packs due to the Hellcat order overload. I just ordered my RT Plus and the wait has me anxiously waiting for July to hurry up and get here. :burnout:

sailsmen
05-27-2015, 08:02 PM
Chrysler has always had a reputation as well engineered and poorly built. That's the way they were when I hot rodded them in the early 1970's.

The only Chrysler product in the J. D. Powers Top Dependability Study is a Jeep.

2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat - Dyno (748 WHP 671 WTQ) : Track (10.71sec at 128.87mph)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELl1L_jc9to&feature=youtu.be

It's the shop that tuned and services my MM.

chief455
05-27-2015, 09:32 PM
Chrysler has always had a reputation as well engineered and poorly built. That's the way they were when I hot rodded them in the early 1970's.

The only Chrysler product in the J. D. Powers Top Dependability Study is a Jeep.

2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat - Dyno (748 WHP 671 WTQ) : Track (10.71sec at 128.87mph)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELl1L_jc9to&feature=youtu.be

It's the shop that tuned and services my MM.

nice shop. car is no joke!

tbone
05-28-2015, 07:33 AM

I'm just relaying my "real world" experiences after owning numerous vehicles from each of the Big 3. Chrysler has been the best, at least for me. Those "reputations" from the early 70's are a hard thing to shake....My models included an 88, 92, 99, 2000, 2004. Never had a bad transmission. Can't figure out why Chrysler let that issue fester for so long.

My 96 Ranger was a complete waste pile. 6000 miles of pure hell. My 90 Firebird had the fit and finish of a kids soap box derby car, with a matching paint job. My 97 Transport had 61 separate problems in the first year of ownership. My 70k used Blazer cost me $6000 just to keep it rolling in 18 months of maddening ownership. Literally one thing after another after another.

The MM isn't exactly the most trouble free car ever built either. PAINT, axles, weak brakes, EATC, stereo, bumper sag, fit and finish......I still love it though. Obviously.

hotford
05-28-2015, 01:32 PM
cool car anyway you slice it and at 40K its a bargain..........what will 40 K get ya in a chevy or ford lately(4 Door sedans).............nothing and it wont be as much fun either.......

ctrlraven
05-28-2015, 02:42 PM
nice shop. car is no joke!

Why is the car a joke??:confused:
I think you forgot a word when reading that reply.

Marauderjack
05-28-2015, 02:54 PM
Sorry.....I'm about half crazy from Air Conditioner problems here.....MY APOLOGIES!!:beer:

chief455
05-28-2015, 02:58 PM
Sorry.....I'm about half crazy from Air Conditioner problems here.....MY APOLOGIES!!:beer:
mo worries mate!:beer:

me not affording that car is a darn joke though!!!

71cyclone
05-29-2015, 01:37 AM
Best get a bumper to bumper Chrysler warranty for as long as you own it.

I rented a Chrysler the other day, very well engineered and built out of junk. Nothing has changed.

Examples - 1) Fuel filler door does not open all the way and feels like it is going to snap off. 2) Torque steer all the way thru a shift. 3) Fuse box breaks apart when I install a fuse. 4) Seat levers feel like uncooked spaghetti snapping off in your hand......................

Yea / also some law enforcement agencies are not happy with the Dodge line and the area front end shops [MD] feel that the front ends up to 2013 are poorly built.. Progressive wanted a Gran more a year to insure a 2015 stx challenger over the wifes 2015 v6 mustang. :depress:

CWright
05-29-2015, 05:27 AM
I have had a 2011,13,and 14 Dodge Charger R/T. I haven't had any problems other than I put too many miles on them in a years time. They have been very dependable and the ride is phenomenal. If all goes well I'll keep my 14 R/T Max and add a Hellcat Charger to the stable. I've looked at the Mustang but just doesn't do it for me like the Hellcat.

Marauderjack
05-29-2015, 06:34 AM
We've had several Chrysler and Dodge vehicles and other than a few sensors have had zero problems!! I'm looking for a newer RAM 1500 HEMI since my '04 has 165K miles on it....still runs great and burns no oil......16 MPG around town and 20 MPG on the Highway!!:bows:

All vehicle brands have a few idiosyncrasies but I've been very impressed with Chrysler/Dodge!!:beer:

Not sure I'd want a "Computerized Hellcat"......have to see how they're doin' after a few years!!:cool:

sflrainmaker01
05-29-2015, 06:45 AM
Between my Dad, Sister and I, we have had a few Chrysler products over the last 15 years. They all have done decent with minimal problems. I see these Chrysler hot rods and it makes me drool! :drool: However, even though reasonable by today's standards, it's hard for me to justify the $40+K. Especially, since a boosted Marauder can run fast enough for me without the $40+K price tag and no car payments to boot!! Now where's that Trilogy setup I need, lol! :burnout:

babbage
05-29-2015, 10:02 AM
Interesting that the 2015 Charger R/T (no scat pack) does the 1/4 in 14.0 flat. http://www.motorweek.org/reviews/road_tests/2015-dodge-charger

My MM with mods does it in 13.8.. Nice to know I could beat a stock R/T...;)

chief455
05-29-2015, 06:00 PM
I have had a 2011,13,and 14 Dodge Charger R/T. I haven't had any problems other than I put too many miles on them in a years time. They have been very dependable and the ride is phenomenal. If all goes well I'll keep my 14 R/T Max and add a Hellcat Charger to the stable. I've looked at the Mustang but just doesn't do it for me like the Hellcat.
And, what Marauder will be sold to achieve this new stable, hmmm?

MMBLUE
05-30-2015, 06:08 AM
Interesting that the 2015 Charger R/T (no scat pack) does the 1/4 in 14.0 flat. http://www.motorweek.org/reviews/road_tests/2015-dodge-charger

My MM with mods does it in 13.8.. Nice to know I could beat a stock R/T...;)

A friend of mine used to have a 09 R/T and when my car was stock with mods we used to swap who beat who in the quarter :burn:. It's a close match.

LSp8
06-07-2015, 05:59 AM
A friendstock Marauderine used to have a 09 R/T and when my car was stock with mods we used to swap who beat who in the quarter :burn:. It's a close match.

I used to hold my own with my stock Marauder against Charger RTs til the engine VVT update and now with the new ZF 8 speed, no chance in hell. Those stock cars fly.

capt512
06-07-2015, 06:48 AM
Very tempting. Right now I have a Chrysler 300S rental for work until the end of the week. The car is loaded except for having the smaller V6 instead of Hemi. In all honesty...its a very tempting car.

Looks wise black with graphite 20" wheels, black leather with white stitching, including dash, black carbon fiber accents. It has a very newer Chrysler version of Marauder feel. Looks wise it seems like a similar concept, and with a hemi I think would be very similar and probably more powerful than the marauder with a tune and 4.10s (what I have to compare to). The seats are very comfortable and seem well made, and all the interior fit and finish seems good. The handling in sport mode is strong, though slightly less predictable than marauder. Car has the "Beats Audio" system in it which appears to be sound wise the same as Marauder, maybe slightly better but darn close. Has a sub in the trunk that is also anemic and doesn't punch much.
Car has paddle shifters that actually work as far as shifting on command and the car won't auto shift if you don't shift up in manual mode.
Biggest negative is the rotary shifter in the console, I know it is probably to make it seem more luxury like some of the high ends, but eh I want a shifter.

Overall a very nice car and in a Hemi I could end up finding myself lost at a dealer I think. I might enjoy the charger more in a similar package, so the Scat Pack is very tempting as well.

RubberCtyRauder
06-07-2015, 02:17 PM
And, what Marauder will be sold to achieve this new stable, hmmm?

Don't be messin with my Whipple car. Your trilogy car is right here :D

justbob
06-07-2015, 03:48 PM
If money were no object I'd have no issue at all dumping mine for a much newer fun car.

Seems like every time I get behind the wheel I feel like I'm piloting a dated hopped up geriatric sedan when I look around at all the new offerings.

Builder Of Badassery