PDA

View Full Version : A trial in patience

Lowndex
06-17-2015, 09:25 AM
It was 11:00 pm and I was sitting in my Marauder in the garage dreaming what a new engine, blower and transmission would look/smell/sound/feel would be like. The project started in late Jan. 2015. Thanks to a POS motor from Ford Racing and more than double the schedule from Silver Fox, the car is the same - no change!
I bounced my fat ass up and down trying to appreciate $2000 plus in suspension parts upgrades.

A trial in patience. The double gin and tonic helped a little. :violin:

Spectragod
06-17-2015, 09:31 AM
DI3yXg-sX5c

martyo
06-17-2015, 09:39 AM
DI3yXg-sX5c

Post of the day.

CoreyM75
06-17-2015, 10:34 AM
So I've got to ask, why didn't you send your car to Martyo to get rebuilt? It seems like things would have worked out so much smoother for you, based on the positive things I've read about Martyo and his shop. I'm not trying to stir things up, I just don't know the entire story of your car, what you are looking for in the end, etc.

I have no connection to Martyo, in any way other than I won a free t shirt at Marauderville last year.

Zack
06-17-2015, 10:37 AM
So I've got to ask, why didn't you send your car to Martyo to get rebuilt? It seems like things would have worked out so much smoother for you, based on the positive things I've read about Martyo and his shop. I'm not trying to stir things up, I just don't know the entire story of your car, what you are looking for in the end, etc.

I have no connection to Martyo, in any way other than I won a free t shirt at Marauderville last year.

Spending an extra 2k on shipping costs does not fall into the budgets of most.

justbob
06-17-2015, 11:27 AM
DI3yXg-sX5c

Laaaaiiid back. I could actually envision this cat all red eyed, sippin on his gin n juice, and workin the suspension like a Home Boy alone..

Gotta love it! [emoji106]

Builder Of Badassery

Lowndex
06-17-2015, 12:12 PM

My problem is not the engine builder. KC of BRG Racing has custom built and installed many hundreds of high performance motors in the last 25 years. He is highly respected and I am lucky he took my business. Ford Racing was shocked to review KC's findings on their POS motor. I am convinced KC is how I got my $5400 back. I bought him two bottles of Johnny Walker Blue as an interim thanks you.

That said, MartyO has a proven Panther track record. Had I not found KC near my home (20 miles away), I would have been willing to ship my Marauder on a truck to MartyO.

In the end, what I am looking for I will get, it will simply take longer than the planned four months. As many senior members here have pointed out, I have it all backwards: I would do well to enjoy the damn journey - it's a great ride. It does help to vent every now and then. Besides, the Snoop Dog video is hella funny. :beer: